King's Lynn (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

So after a pretty pedestrian performance in midweek, we're presented with a chance to make amends against a King's Lynn side that have shipped goals frequently this season, nearly double our goals conceded tally to be precise.

Our records are identical - five wins, three draws and seven defeats - but this is really a game we should be targeting maximum points from. Should be an interesting one.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
rebeldagger

Well this isn't going well
BB-Dagger

I’ve given up on hoping for a result in our favour, one gives up any hope when the man of the match last time out doesn’t get a start! Playing with 10 isn’t going to be good enough I’m afraid... what does Brundle bring to the party? take him off and with that sub we will be back to a full 11
JohnP

Yep, agreed. Not sure what the manager sees in Brundle at all.
The free kick he took in the first five minutes was quite frankly embarrassing
Voice of reason

Happy days
BB-Dagger

Great fight back in the end, but I’m still wondering what Brundle does, shit penalty and fortunate for him to get the winner, should never have missed that penalty. Next up Eastleigh COYD
Dagdale

Now who was expecting that? Great comeback and really hope they can springboard up now after a game that looked dead and buried, there's surely got to be a closer look why we keep dropping our guard though?
Sagres

Fantastic 2nd half.
ARNU

I stopped watching at 2-0 and went and watched West ham instead. but the boy had it on up in his room and he called me at
2 - 2. Got the penalty and we went from "you stupid fat bastard" to " Brundle you beauty !!" in the space of 2 mins.
Bout time we had a break.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagger83

I only watched the first half ( :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:) but we were really unlucky to go in behind. We played quite well I thought even if we didn't test the keeper enough. Great to see us score 3 and come back to win it. It's something to build on.

I think it's time to drop McCallum though. He just hasn't done enough and I'd rather a bit more pace up top.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Auntie Merge

Typical.
I had to work this afternoon and didn’t see the score until a little while ago.

We won a game and I missed it. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
NBDag

Well that certainly was one of the more entertaining games that we have seen down Victoria Rd in recent years!

Great to get the three points, but despite that it’s clear that McMahon is not going to get us out of this league. Their two goals made us look so poor, again just bypassing our midfield! Deering and Balanta were both immense and Saunders a well deserved MOTM.

I bet McMahon is really patting himself on the back today for the mastermind decision to pick Brundle over Robinson today. But the fact is Brundle once again was a passenger, the missed penalty summed up his contribution to the game up until that point.

Overall, it was great to see us battle to snatch that win. But It’s worrying that this was one of our better performances of this season and we were still 2-0 down for over 70 mins!! Things aren’t changing quick enough and once again it is going to cost us dearly.
hockley dagger

We've been good at beating the teams around us, which should keep us out of trouble so I tend to agree that this manager won't get us out of this league.
JohnP

Agree about Mccallum, we're more dynamic in attack without him. Too predictable when he's leading the line.
rebeldagger

rebeldagger wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:59 pm Well this isn't going well
Delighted to have been proven wrong, in the end.

Perhaps the score line somewhat flatters the visitors.

Great confidence builder and we can move on from here