Eastleigh (A)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Justham; Johnson, Croll, Reynolds, Eleftheriou; Brundle, Rance; Deering, Balanta, Saunders; McCallum

Unchanged team as we travel to a side without a win in seven. Hopefully we can add to their recent woes while also building on our own victory over the weekend.

COYD
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Mark

They look dreadful... And they're still beating us.
DaggerJoel11

Yep, poor quality game on a shocking pitch between two average-at-best teams. Our defending for their goal was something else.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
JohnP

One step forward, five steps back!
Diggerthedog

Wow that was as bad as it gets, times up Daryl you clearly can’t do what’s asked of you from the owners.
Blue Hoops

Another, what only can be described as a completely woeful performance, McMahon must be shown the door !

The players look totally disinterested, lack any kind of desire or passion. Most of all they look unfit.
Past players like Tim Cole, Lee Matthews, Ashley Vickers, Tony Roberts gave their all for the club, these guys are pure mercenaries. The reality is all of these players can go and we need to start again.

Match after match, our bench is the only one where whatever happens on the pitch, the 'wallies' of McMahon and Gritt just sit there. Supporters moaned about Graham Carr, these guys are in a different league.

Paul McCallum could not play worse if he tried. He seems unable to do more than a slow trot and when the ball hits his head (cannot describe him heading the ball) he seems totally surprised by it.

This team is so lucky that the supporters are not at these matches, they would have been lynched by now.

Steve Thompson must draw a line under this guy and inform the Americans accordingly.
dagger4eva

Sacking Taylor was "the hardest thing he ever had to do"

Doubt very much he has any intentions of sacking another manager just 12 months later.....
Diggerthedog

Thompson is clueless when it comes to managers, part of the problem is he is clueless about football, he dug his heels in on Burnett and Taylor. Don’t get me started on his current begging bowl statements when we’re paying a striker £3k a week. Shambles.
Mark

The club has just been sinking like a stone for ten years. The whole place seems to almost accept it's fate. We've tried seemingly everything - experience, younger blood, kids, expensive players... It never seems to get any better. Someone at the top needs to take responsibility and own this.

The attitude of some of these players is not good enough. There's a decent sized list of those I'd be hoping to ship out in the summer. Unfortunately many are still on contract. I had big questions about a lot of Taylor's later signings and their motives for joining us, and Daryl seems to have continued in that trend. I'm sure you could go and find a better left back than Johnson for example for about 400 quid a week out of the division below.

There is no pace or energy in the team. We signed a striker who lives on crosses and tried to play wing backs and didn't sign any proper wingers.

We're miles away from playoffs, and I can't see how we're going to turn this around. We need at least 4 different players than started today but I don't trust the club to sign the right ones.
daggersjeff

I’ve seen more commitment from a bunch of under 5’s on a cold Sunday morning than I saw from this lot last night!
Yes, we are aware that Covid has laid a few low on a number of occasions. It’s the same for all clubs.
If the season ended now, there’d be a very short retained list!!!!

Think we should re-name the team Jekyll & Hyde FC!!!
Dagdale

What better crutch to get going on a game and moving upwards than a 3 goal comeback 3 days before and here we go again have sunk back again although results like that thought cracks were still hidden. For ages we just have not had a very skill full Captain motivator a central role to united a firing team who really want it, normal protocol is to look at management but is there more to this? Its totally getting boring now and like wise we are fairly lucky we're missing this dwell. Sure we won't get relegated and aware a couple of wins would work us up but the inconsistency is a joke in our team and has been a major stumbling block since we dropped down to Non League football.
steeevooo

Mark wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:38 pm The club has just been sinking like a stone for ten years. The whole place seems to almost accept it's fate. We've tried seemingly everything - experience, younger blood, kids, expensive players... It never seems to get any better. Someone at the top needs to take responsibility and own this.
I totally agree that the club has been sinking like a stone for years. For me, the sinking started when Dave Andrews stepped down as Chairman back in 2013 - we lost a genuine, likeable, football man with the club truly and deeply in his heart, and replaced him with....what? Ever since then there seems to have been a void which has seen us in this decline, one that shows absolutely no sign of abating any time soon.
Auntie Merge

steeevooo wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:51 am
Mark wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:38 pm The club has just been sinking like a stone for ten years. The whole place seems to almost accept it's fate. We've tried seemingly everything - experience, younger blood, kids, expensive players... It never seems to get any better. Someone at the top needs to take responsibility and own this.
I totally agree that the club has been sinking like a stone for years. For me, the sinking started when Dave Andrews stepped down as Chairman back in 2013 - we lost a genuine, likeable, football man with the club truly and deeply in his heart, and replaced him with....what? Ever since then there seems to have been a void which has seen us in this decline, one that shows absolutely no sign of abating any time soon.
I was just about to post the same about Dave Andrews (RIP). Much missed and he was the football brain at the helm of the club. Yes, he ran the club like a business but he knew football too. He knew when to stop the manager spending and when to give them a free hand. He knew the back-stories with managers - no way would he have appointed Taylor, for instance.

When Dave was around the club was still growing and going places. But in the last 10 years we have regressed, and not only in our league position. I really hope the Americans stick with us and sort this out because as a club we have SO much potential and they have the experience to exploit it.
redboy

This club has the most amazing, loyal fans. Season after season they buy their season tickets in the hope of some success or even improvement. They deserve a lot better. This comes from the top. The owners may have invested, but we still have dinosaurs at the helm. A succession of inept managers either out of their depth or has beens have been employed. A long list of overpaid, over rated players have come n gone. The board has largely remained. That incredible day at Wembley seems a lifetime away when as previously mentioned we had motivated players that wore their heart on their sleeves. No wonder Abu went back, must have broke his heart seeing how bad things have become here. I’m sure if the fans were allowed in, McMahon would have felt the backlash and would have gone by now. But as usual, nobody at the club has any balls to make a decision.
themightydagger

I don't think anyone has pulled their weight this season.

Justham has been good, but has made more mistakes than ever. He will save us more than he will cost us. Kenny Clark is probably the worst defender in the division. Johnson isnt fit to lace Gordons boots. Brundle thinks slagging off fans after one goal justifies his wages. Balanta has been terrible. Matt Robinson has been M.I.A. Then there's PMC. Has not justified his tag one bit. Lazy, not clinical and actually a worse version of Joe Quigley, with that miss against Kings Lynn. Absolutely abysmal. I think person of the week could land with Gowens as it stands!