New Manager

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dag82

It has to be, like it should have been just over a year ago: LUKE GARRARD.

BW are wright there, in amongst the playoff spots again, the bloke is proven at this level.

Go and get him !!.
SUSSEX DAGGER

With all due respect Dag82 but past records account for nothing at Dagenham and Redbridge.

Mr McMahon was hailed as the second coming by a lot our supporters only a year ago , as pointed out by my dear friend D4E.

He did not get this gig on the back of being a failure elsewhere did he?

If I was advising anybody like Mr Gerrard I would advise him to steer well clear, ok the money may be better but I doubt that Is even a lot more, but there is no security.

Just look at the list of the past three

John Still, Peter Taylor and Darell McMahon all brought either vast experience or progressive ideas to the job , each at sometime had a above average budget at sometime during their tenure all failed.

Sadly the problems go deeper then the manager and the once romantic story of Dagenham and Redbridge is heading for a sadder ending then Love Story.

Now I know it is a poor comparison but I cant help but look at my Local Club Brighton and the situation they found themselves in 20 years ago.

No ground playing in front of gates that we have at Gillingham. The Club was surviving by the hard work of People , but when the time came and a take over was announced no sentiment was shown to those who had done so much for the Club . They were honoured and respected but ultimately they were moved aside by the new regime.

Now our goals and targets are way off those that Brighton and Hove Albion had and achieved but they started from the same basis.

A root and Branch sort out was undertaken with no sentiment shown to anybody.

Football is a ruthless business and sadly we have not been ruthless enough.

The Club needs to undertake major surgery off the field before any progression is going to happen on it.

Until that happens then we are doomed to mediocrity.