Solihull Moors (a)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
themightydagger

Well, well, well... game day is upon us again. They are no 6 words any Dagenham fan wants to hear. Personally, i'm concerned about the way we are playing and missing golden chances. However, i'd be more concerned if we werent creating chances at all.

I've lost count of the amount of strikers we have signed with a good record who have failed to produce. I wonder....
stanton101

Wilkinson
DaggerJoel11

Another good performance and this time the result to match. Predatory finish from McCallum for the winning goal which hopefully proves a timely confidence boost for him.

Defended well tonight and I struggle to recall many Solihull chances across the entire 90 minutes. We didn't have too many but managed to make one count which is all that matters.

All in all a solid night's work. Same again Saturday!
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well done boys. Just like my car needs petrol McCullum needs service like he got tonight and perhaps should have had more then the one goal.

Once again points won on the road and we have got them at some very tough places . 12 points at home all season is the most revealing stat to why we are struggling . Even if we just matched our away tally we would be bang on target for the pre season ambitions.
Got to start digging results out at home like we have done away
jag

What a relief to have won for a change, I thought that we played well but only in parts in the first half, I thought we missed George Saunders up front and we need Sam back to create more, McCallum, still not a fan of his even with his goal, I thought we defended much better giving Elliot very little to do, Its going to be interesting to see what team we put out on Saturday against the Wood who lost last night with Femi and Whitley in their side, We have to give a really good effort to beat them as we are stop starting and I hope I'm wrong but the Wood pick up points more consistently . COYD.
daggersjeff

Good all round performance last night. Good to see Will Wright getting 90 mins in, though he's short of match fitness. Also good to see Jones back on the pitch; thought we we looked stronger with him out there.

A little disappointed in Smith's contribution, but his first game, and we didnt play to his strengths. Johnson is improving each game and Weston looks a threat with the ball.

I'm another one who isnt convinced by McCallum so far; not even certain it was his boot that got the touch for the goal!! He certainly missed at least one far easier chance of scoring!

Two home games to come now so lets hope we can start rolling sides over at Viccy Road and finish the season with a surge up the table.

COYD!
Kevin

A goal from our superstar striker...

...and we didn't let one in...

...a miracle..!! :thumbu:

Look forward to reading an insightful blog that states how we are actually brilliant, but have been hiding it for the previous 20-odd games :blink:

C'mon you Daggers!
themightydagger

stanton101 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:25 pmWilkinson
Would you say he had a record? I felt like he was unproven and he came in hungry. However, PMC took the goal well last night and hopefully this kicks him on. He puts a shift in defensively, but thats not what we pay him for. Would be good to see us take our chances though. Balanta and Robbo both having great opportunities, plus a PMC free header in the first half.

We restricted them very well last night, but all it takes is for them to have one good opportunity and our missed chances haunt us again.
DaggerJoel11

daggersjeff wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:48 am Good all round performance last night. Good to see Will Wright getting 90 mins in, though he's short of match fitness. Also good to see Jones back on the pitch; thought we we looked stronger with him out there.

A little disappointed in Smith's contribution, but his first game, and we didnt play to his strengths. Johnson is improving each game and Weston looks a threat with the ball.

I'm another one who isnt convinced by McCallum so far; not even certain it was his boot that got the touch for the goal!! He certainly missed at least one far easier chance of scoring!

Two home games to come now so lets hope we can start rolling sides over at Viccy Road and finish the season with a surge up the table.

COYD!
Smith did okay especially considering his last competitive game for Bath was five weeks ago and he's transitioned from part-time to full-time training since then. He showed glimpses and I expect him to get better in the coming weeks.

Wright did enough to indicate he should be above Reynolds in the pecking order anyway. Jones has looked impressive every time he's played for us but the problem is always going to be keeping him fit. If we can manage that then I can see him being one of our most important players and a mainstay in the side.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Pablo

At last I see some light at the end of the tunnel. Smith, Jones and by repute Sagraf will be good acquisitions but we still have too few goals in the side. At the moment I don't see any situation where we will be comfortably two or three up in any game which means we will either be hanging on to a one nil or chasing the game. McCallum had talent at West Ham as a boy and has carved a reasonable career but last night aside-and he still had a poor first half in my view- I've always thought his attitude questionable. Wilson is a trier but no goal machine and Saunders is still raw.McQueen can't get a game even though we can't score. In the summer we need a huge clear out. Perhaps ten players minimally should go and we desperately need some pace in the centre backs and some one up front who can at least hit a barn door on a regular basis. Reid would have done nicely.
Diggerthedog

Last night was the 4th game in a row where I felt we have put in a shift so much more than the 20 games previous, if we continue the same we should win more than we lose as the battle is 75% of the game at this level.

We have 20 games left and 12 of them are at home, Sussex is right we need to completely turnaround our home form starting Saturday but if we don't it will be another 18th place finish. Yeovil are on the tip of the play offs already so anything is possible but maybe not so with our consistency so over to our players to salvage something from the season.
jag

I agree Will Wright is a better option than Reynolds, and the overall performances in the last month bodes well for a more consistant run in so I feel more optimistic, When I saw the price of the game I thought hear we go again more awful camera action with the game at one end while the camera is at the other, BUT NO!! So well done Solihull for presenting one of the best HD quality with instant replays and close ups so far this season and all for £7.50p.