Boreham Wood (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Just the one change from the team that earnt a hard-fought three points at Solihull in midweek, with Joey Jones replacing Tom Smith in the middle. Croll returns to the squad after his recent absence.

Justham; Gordon, Johnson, Clark, Wright, Weston; Rance, Robinson, Jones; Balanta, McCallum
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Alan

Some terrible defending. Not a great performance and a ref who had no idea whatsoever - the failure to book Ashmore for time wasting was astonishing.

https://twitter.com/romfordalan/status/ ... 30501?s=21
Oxhead

Don’t think Gordon gives us enough
attacking wise. Very one footed, can’t. beat his man and doesn’t provide any decent crosses.
Also thought he was easily brushed aside. for their first goal
Mark

Well the manager will insist on wing backs. Probably cos we don't have two centre halves who can play as a pair without conceding a hatful. Thought we were the better side, had most of the best chances and should have won the game. Referee was awful, but he always is.
Sagres

Glad we got a point but should have been three, thought we were the better team but yet again gave away two cheap goals.
Diggerthedog

Oxhead wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:51 pm Don’t think Gordon gives us enough
attacking wise. Very one footed, can’t. beat his man and doesn’t provide any decent crosses.
Also thought he was easily brushed aside. for their first goal
Must of imagined him scoring two the other week. He is still young and already good enough for this level, rather we persisted with him and not throw big money at another journeyman.
Diggerthedog

Just so frustrating that we did not convert at least one first half, after 2-0 we were clueless for 20 mins and I think that’s a confidence thing but still managed to grab a draw.

Let’s get a convincing win Tuesday please.
jag

Not one of Liam's best performances but young players are rarley consistent, I thought we were the better side in the 1st half and would like to see the replay of the 1st goal, was it Will Wright who got a touch on the line uncontrolled for the tap in? After the second goal went in some of our players lost there confidence they were chasing shadows at times, however after about 10 minutes picked up again and got back in the game, there goalkeeper should have been booked well before our first goal went in, 2-0 up and he is wasting time walking like a injured DUCK the tw-t in pink took the ball back into his area preparing to take a free kick he threw the ball to the far side of the area waddled over and it must of been about 1 minute before he eventually kicked the ball out for play to begin, I know all goal keepers waste a bit of time but its cheating us the paying public, but also the referee has a responsibility to take action, a ball was kicked to him which he saved he went down and sad I know but I counted on my watch how long he took to kick it out into play, 25seconds, atrocious , so I was so pleased when Angelo got that brilliant goal smashing it passed that PINK FAIRY , Job done, well done the lads and now looking forward to Tuesday evening
Pablo

More commitment, fight and mobility in evidence compared with not so long ago. But defence still needs a complete overhaul before next season and can we please get a striker. McCallum should have been off after 60 minutes in this to be replaced by Wilson who at least looks interested and puts in a shift. Balanta though injury prone and not getting younger was on a different level to his colleagues in this game.
Diggerthedog

Balanta is a class above anything we have, team should have been built around him, think him and Wilson would be a better pairing. Weston is the only real danger wing wise in the squad as McCallum feeds off crosses and if you’re not going to play to his strengths little point having him in the side. Wilson will run the channels and put pressure on opponents defences, feel some opponents find it way to easy to get up the pitch with the current front two.

When we play simple we look much better, as good as Joey Jones is yesterday he over complicated play with passes to players already under pressure and trying to much dribbling and losing it just need to keep his game simple, class player though.

Will be an interesting summer as quite a few who have been here out of contract in the defence, need a Manny type defender like Boreham had with Fyfield, he gave McCallum nothing yet is not the best technically. Croll is the closest we have but doesn’t get a look unless there has been a covid issue but don’t want to speculate seeing as there has not been a word about so must have been dropped, no idea why. Clark has improved recently but wouldn’t bother keeping him too clumsy and Reynolds is in contract so we’re stuck with him, he needs to sort himself out 30 now, careers are short specially at this level.
Mark

I agree about Wilson. I don't like playing with two forwards who can't run for the reasons you've mentioned. McCallum has looked better recently with his link play but goes long periods without being involved and is missing most of his chances.

I don't really like wing backs unless you've got exceptional players who can do everything in both directions. Weston is lacking a bit defensively and Gordon is lacking in terms of wing play in the final third. The system itself is working ok as it gives us solidity down the middle of the pitch but if Weston was out I don't think we'd create a chance.

Reynolds has probably been the most disappointing signing, makes so many errors. Johnson has improved steadily and is comfortable on the ball which is highlighted now we're more dominant in terms of possession, but I still think he's vulnerable when attacked. I'd like to see a big stopper and someone with a bit more pace, so 2 new players back there. I'm hoping Brundle will also be out the door in the summer, no coincidence we've looked better without him.
Diggerthedog

Brundle is out for ‘personal reasons’ and had he been available I have no doubt he would be in the team, wouldn’t put it past McMahon to give him a new deal and Robbo released.

I thought Reynolds was much younger given how immature he was at Barnet with the gas balloons nonsense, would never have signed him doing that sort of shit at his age. I think the pics of him on the day he signed sums him up.

This season is the height of frustration, just two more wins and we would be knocking on the door of the play offs as it stands it a long shot now.
DaggerJoel11

Though it was immensely satisfying to see the Daggers embark on another late fightback, with Balanta the difference-maker as he so often is, there was still the lingering feeling of frustration that such a perilous situation was allowed to unfold in the first place.

It was an afternoon that showcased why McMahon's side are struggling this season, but also why they have the potential to improve. Here's my match report and player ratings from the clash: https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... reham-wood
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
daggersjeff

Unfortunately, Gordon got caught wrong side of Mafuta for the first goal, and was always struggling to get back from there.
Saying that, looking at the replay, Johnson was in no mans land when he should have been shutting Mafuta down.

I do find it concerning the amount of goals we leak down our left hand side.