throwing it away

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
jag

I thought it was a scrappy game throughout with the exception of Liam Gordons wonderful goal in the 1st half, I have very often commented on Will Wrights game and that he should be in the side but for the last 2 games he has lost his concentration, against Maidenhead he did not mark his player which resulted in a goal and tonight he did the same again this time he rode his luck as again the ball goes over his head and only the poor finishing kept the game 1-0 , towards the end we were trying to run the game down, but 1 minute from time you just knew it was going to happen, YUP 1-1 , I am absolutely gutted, however it was Clifton who came on late that showed some class which was good to see, when will we get it right?
Diggerthedog

Title sums up the whole season and tonight summed it all up in 90 mins, can’t score enough goals which will eventually mean you will concede and not win enough games.

Let’s face it if it were not for Liams wonder goal we would have lost the game, given the disruption leading up to the game and the changes I suppose it’s no surprise we ended up drawing.

I keep hearing we’ve played well the last half a dozen games which is true but we’ve still only won 3 of them, have to win more.

Disappointing but not surprised.
Daggerman

This disappointing result is solely down to the inept tactics of the manager! We saw in December that Weymouth were a team that worked hard until the final whistle, a team that put in effort and didn’t give up. So what did we do? Go 1-0 up and think we were good enough to sit on a lead that looked shakier as the game went on until the inevitable happened and it was nothing less than Weymouth deserved.
Positive point was the wonder goal by Liam and a reasonable performance by a couple of others, but the tactics used by the manager are the tactics of an inept man who is scared to lose and sets up his team to hold on to a slim lead but fails time and time again.
DaggerJoel11

We'd dealt with everything they'd thrown at us across the whole 90 minutes, which wasn't particularly much, without difficulty. Then with their very final attack we allow them space in our box for the first time all night and get punished. It's the same lessons being taught to us every week and yet we still never learn.

Around the 85 minute mark, focus shifted towards protecting the lead at all costs and it's like we were resigned to a spell of pressure at the end. It's inevitable I suppose but there was no need to go backs-to-the-wall against such a limited side. We should've carried on as we had done throughout the game, where we'd otherwise looked under little threat.

Two points dropped and no excuse for it.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''