Torquay (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

After being narrowly defeated in midweek, we're back at Victoria Road for the visit of another high-flying side, this time Torquay United who for a large period of this campaign were the flying.

Justham; Gordon, Johnson, Clark, Wright, Weston; Robinson, Rance, Sagaf; Balanta, McCallum
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
ARNU

Typical! Sit there like a plum watching a largely boring game then the stream crashes and we score !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
A S dagger97

The club could have at least posted the goal up on twitter seeing as we pay good money for the streams only to miss our goal
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
jag

Really annoying, watching this game on my iPad in London , really good reception in HD and always enjoy the banter between Glassy and Mick Payne and then CRASH , I was thinking that it was my iPad gone wrong, I passed it to my partner who is much more savvy on these things and she confirmed that it must of been a streaming fault as a frozen picture was still being shown, then she told me not to swear and I said but we were just about to shoot on goal, then once the link was restored I saw the 1-0 scoreline. when I got back home I watched the National league prog and saw Balanta score the goal, really good goal and fully deserved as I thought we were the better team on the day although at the very end wow, their miss was so close , better than Torquay in the 1st half but the game was already heading towards a goalless score, great to have Robbo back, Kenny Clark was back to his very best MOM for me , but this tech problem spoilt the afternoon, I think we should all be entitled to a refund or get the next game free, some chance, thank you very much.
Diggerthedog

Credit where it’s due thought we deserved the win over the 90 mins, important bit was the subs when the front two looked isolated mid way through the second half, Saunders gave their midfielders something to think about. Great save from Justham to claw that out and good back up from from the defence to clear lines. Hopefully we can continue a decent run for the final two months and win a game by more than 1 goal!

Think Sagaf gets better each game, if we can get him in on a permanent and give him a full pre season we might have a player on our hands.
Don Beech 3

Highlights are up at https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/ma ... /1-6405604 poor from them but a good steal and finish also.
Mark

Thanks for that, I always struggle to find the videos on that website for some reason. Terrible defending by them but we were clinical for once.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Conclusion after a week that told us a lot and have shown us some brutal facts that cant be hidden.

We have played two quality teams and a bang average one in the last 7 days. 6 points from 9 Is a good return but in all three games the awful truth was there for all to see.

Dont matter how well you play if you dont put the ball in the net with regularity then you are never going to achieve or mass the points needed to obtain or sustain the desired play off position.

Once again we got away with it at the death like we did at Altrincham the week before. If either those two chances go in then we would have lost another 4 points , To many times we have been holding our breaths at the end of games when in all reality the game should have been put to bed.

The Goalkeeper also won us another two points yesterday.

Our inability to score has cost us dear ,only two converted chances in the last three games which equates to about 5% of chances created is simply pitiful and is the sole reason we have failed this season.

The Goalkeeper rightly gets plaudits but in most of these games where he has pulled of amazing saves the game should have been long out of the reach of most of the opponents we have faced.

The lack of goals is the problem with this team get that right and we have a team that can go places in relative terms
Pablo

Fully agree with Sussex's assessment. Our main strikers i.e. McCullum, McQueen and Wilson have scored 7 goals in a total of 68 league appearances this season which must be some sort of record. We are almost totally reliant on Justham and Balanta but to be fair our recent - relative- improvement also stems from Clark's return to form.
DaggerJoel11

DAGGERS 1 TORQUAY 0 💬 | A cagey, fairly nondescript encounter of precious few chances was decided by a composed finish from the ever-reliable Balanta to round off an impressive month for the club.

Match Report & Player Ratings - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... uay-united
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
hockley dagger

We've probably got the best keeper in the league and a bang average strike force. The,much maligned Quigley has got more than this bunch! The signings now being made seem a cut above the journeymen taken on in the summer. At least we are now hard to beat, even if we struggle to score. Perhaps the former manager is playing more of a role?
themightydagger

jag wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:01 am Really annoying, watching this game on my iPad in London , really good reception in HD and always enjoy the banter between Glassy and Mick Payne and then CRASH , I was thinking that it was my iPad gone wrong, I passed it to my partner who is much more savvy on these things and she confirmed that it must of been a streaming fault as a frozen picture was still being shown, then she told me not to swear and I said but we were just about to shoot on goal, then once the link was restored I saw the 1-0 scoreline. when I got back home I watched the National league prog and saw Balanta score the goal, really good goal and fully deserved as I thought we were the better team on the day although at the very end wow, their miss was so close , better than Torquay in the 1st half but the game was already heading towards a goalless score, great to have Robbo back, Kenny Clark was back to his very best MOM for me , but this tech problem spoilt the afternoon, I think we should all be entitled to a refund or get the next game free, some chance, thank you very much.
One mistake. I hope you get your £10 back or whatever it is. I'm sure you can put it towards something nice.
Lcbdagger

themightydagger wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:59 pm
jag wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:01 am Really annoying, watching this game on my iPad in London , really good reception in HD and always enjoy the banter between Glassy and Mick Payne and then CRASH , I was thinking that it was my iPad gone wrong, I passed it to my partner who is much more savvy on these things and she confirmed that it must of been a streaming fault as a frozen picture was still being shown, then she told me not to swear and I said but we were just about to shoot on goal, then once the link was restored I saw the 1-0 scoreline. when I got back home I watched the National league prog and saw Balanta score the goal, really good goal and fully deserved as I thought we were the better team on the day although at the very end wow, their miss was so close , better than Torquay in the 1st half but the game was already heading towards a goalless score, great to have Robbo back, Kenny Clark was back to his very best MOM for me , but this tech problem spoilt the afternoon, I think we should all be entitled to a refund or get the next game free, some chance, thank you very much.
One mistake. I hope you get your £10 back or whatever it is. I'm sure you can put it towards something nice.
What a curious response