BBC Radio

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
JohnP

Spent the day working in the garden so didn't stream the game today, instead I listened to the commentary on BBC Tees. Great coverage of the club, including an interview with the Hartlepool manager lasting at least 15 minutes which covered all manner of things including a pretty comprehensive injury update!
Just got me wondering.....am I right in thinking we're not covered by either BBC Essex or London anymore?
Surely if the owners want the club to grow then this is essential, not only from a fan base point of view but also a commercial one.
Maybe we just need to win something to be taken notice of.
Diggerthedog

BBC London don’t cover non league teams and BBC Essex don’t consider us Essex, so unless we go up no coverage. BBC Essex might have no league teams next season the way Colchester and Southend are going.
hockley dagger

BBC Essex dropped out of covering us when Braintree got promoted. When I asked about it, I was told they didn't have the resource to cover four teams and as Daggers are in Greater London, which is Radio London territory, they were the team to miss out. Radio London gave Orient coverage in the National League but to my knowledge don't cover us, Bromley, Barnet or Sutton. BBC Three Counties radio do cover Borehamwood. So Greater London teams don't get the BBC coverage that the rest of the league enjoys.
hockley dagger

BBC Essex dropped out of covering us when Braintree got promoted. When I asked about it, I was told they didn't have the resource to cover four teams and as Daggers are in Greater London, which is Radio London territory, they were the team to miss out. Radio London gave Orient coverage in the National League but to my knowledge don't cover us, Bromley, Barnet or Sutton. BBC Three Counties radio do cover Borehamwood. So Greater London teams don't get the BBC coverage that the rest of the league enjoys.