Brutal

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RampantDuke

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56706237

Mark Cooper sacked by the Greens. Compare that to the way that Dagenham is run and it's chalk and cheese. It has always taken years for us to make a change when form starts to slip - usually initiated by the fans and it nearly always has to get nasty on the terraces (Burnett, Taylor etc.) before anything is done. I'm not saying that this is right or wrong and who knows perhaps FGR will regret this decision, but we seem to consider sticking with our managers/coaches until the bitter end to be some kind of badge of honour when perhaps we could learn from other clubs who are quicker to act. Similarly look at what Southend did this week.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Alan

They continue to haemorrhage cash - wages, NI and pensions 3.75m in year ending April 19. Imagine their losses in 19/20 and 20/21.
RampantDuke

It's been another crap season. The owners have invested lots of money in the squad and yet Daryl simply isn't getting a tune out of them. Will he be able to change that next season? - highly unlikely. So why would we give him another chance in the summer to do the same? It's crazy - most clubs would have moved him on by now. Nice enough bloke but this is a results business and both the results and the performances have been below par. This squad is better than mid to lower table and with a stronger coach I can't see why it can't push for play offs next season. Not saying we should be throwing away cash like FGR but we could learn a thing or two from other clubs.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
dagger4eva

Daryl can dress up and try to polish his turd as much as he likes but the net result still remains, that its a turd and its purely his creation.

Poor recruitment, panic signings, hugely un-entertaining games for the large part, and a generally shambolic season that sees us sitting in 17th place after 32 matches.

His recruitment has been almost completely wrong from start to finish proven by the near endless, panic additions to his ever failing squad.
Says a lot too that John Still was drafted in to assist with those later signings (not that the club have bothered to mention anything officially to that degree)

But to the point of the OP - there's definitely a fine balance to be had.
I certainly wouldn't want us to become one of those trigger happy clubs that fire managers at the drop of a hat.
On the flip side, we seem to be sitting on our hands in typical D&R fashion doing absolutely eff all until the latest possible moment.

Why the complete & utter secrecy from all at the club? Even Kleanthous @ Barnet did a Q&A at Barnet last week, and look at the mess they are in !!!

Where on earth is Croll, Deering, Brundle, Wilson, Tom Smith (remember him) ?
Why was our best performer in Robinson frozen out of the squad for almost 1/3 of the season ?
Why did we as a club kick up such a fuss about not getting government grants, yet in the days/weeks that followed, go out and sign a further half dozen players ?

Its just absolute guff throughout, from top to bottom and we (our owners) seem content to allow it continue, unquestioned by anyone.

Been a mug throughout the boredom of lockdown watching the streams each week, but they can swivel for the cash until they come out and start answering some of the above questions and explaining to the supporters what on earth is going on.
NBDag

The reason for why Robinson was frozen out is the same reason why Croll, Deering etc have been frozen out. As it became clear after Luque left, McMahon is happy to just exclude players from the club for whatever reason if he wants to. Personally I’d expect that this is because the players in question, aside from Smith, have spoken out against him in some form.

We need to drop him in the same way he drops others, that way we will be in the best position to prepare for next season.
Diggerthedog

Our remaining games bar the last 4 are all winnable and will save his bacon as we won’t lose all them, well we could given how useless we are are scoring goals.

17 players out of contract, my guess is many of them won’t remain, if they’re actually still about that is because some have gone AWOL.

I do wonder what the owners think will be different next time around, if it was my money I would rather spend the money paying him off rather than give him another years budget to spunk. I genuinely hope for their sake he turns it around and it’s not yet another told you so.
jag

I have been watching our performances recently and they have been improving vastly the team are working much better with a higher tempo and I know that the results have not been coming however we having been getting closer and closer and finally this evening we won 2-0 we throughly deserved to win and i hope that the standard they have reached can only be good for the remainder of the season and with the younger players performing well this must surely be good for next season and Daryl deserves another bite of the cherry.
Dag82

That's hilarious, we win ONE game, and McMahon is the new Messiah, and deserves another bite of the cherry, next season.

We are 16th in the league mate, and hardly spent a day outside the bottom 8, all season.

Going to take a lot more than one performance, to change most supporters opinion.
Diggerthedog

We need to win all of our remaining games to secure a top 10 finish, even still it’s been a crap season. We’ve been ok the last few months but our league position has barely improved but keep putting In Performances like that and their will be no complaints.

The difference was pace and movement, when we mess about with at the back or midfield we look crap. It’s really not difficult at this level, only have to look at Sutton on how simple their football is with pacey wingers doing the job.

Balanta is a great player for this level, some people on here thinking he’s not good enough is laughable.
Auntie Merge

jag wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:23 pm I have been watching our performances recently and they have been improving vastly the team are working much better with a higher tempo and I know that the results have not been coming however we having been getting closer and closer and finally this evening we won 2-0 we throughly deserved to win and i hope that the standard they have reached can only be good for the remainder of the season and with the younger players performing well this must surely be good for next season and Daryl deserves another bite of the cherry.
You have got to be kidding? Our owners and our supporters deserve better than what has been churned out this season - on one of the biggest budgets in the league.

He has to go and the sooner the better.
Pablo

It was nice to see a comfortable win at last - for the first time this season. I don't think we missed Rance at all and nor, alas, Gordon. I have bitterly critical of McCallum all season because I know he can do a lot more that he has ever shown for Daggers which has been zero until last night. So the question is why. Even before the game the commentators last night were 'bigging' him up saying he had been training brilliantly all week ( shouldn't he be doing that every week?) His performance was good - particularly defensively- and he actually looked s if he was putting in maximum effort. So is it lack of service, hidden injuries, outside issues or poor and inconsistent attitude that has seen him perform consistently poorly? Some of those potential reasons are excusable and some not. Whatever I wouldn't be happy with him as our target man and main striker next season whatever his historic reputation or his contribution for the rest of the season.
jag

In the commentary on the Eastleigh game it was mentioned that the improved performance from McCallum was due to playing against his old club. However I agree with the earlier comment made that he should be having this attitude and desire in every game that he plays.
Alan

Not sure that the commentators opinion as to the reason for his improved performance should be taken as a fact.