Wealdstone

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagdale

Fantastic 5 goal away win and seriously thinking can we just sniff into the play offs? I know we have 3 of those top teams to play and will rely on some of those top six slipping up a game or two but incredible run as of late and a 6 game win ratio now and you know what I'm believing more now than ever and the boys confidence must be running sky high, fantastic time to be a dagger at the moment and Non League paper will go down a treat tomorrow over coffee!
RayleighDagger1986

We actually play 4 teams currently above us in the final games.
If we win all 4, then I agree. I personally though think we are 1 win too short to finish in the top 7.
dagger4eva

Of everything, those 2 points dropped vs Weymouth on what should've been a comfortable 3 or 4 nil win, still haunt me!
RayleighDagger1986

I'd go as far to say, the home defeats to Barnet and Altrincham has prob cost us a play-off spot!
RM1Dagger

I agree, I think we'll just come up a short but a good run until the end of the season that lifts us to the fringes would actually feel like a really positive finish. McCallum starting to score and the outstanding Robinson in a settled side can clearly achieve good things.
Now the SE27 Dagger
stanton101

I'm pleased for Robbo.
Beginning to add goals to his games.
Mark

Can't imagine there's a better centre mid in this division than Robbo at the moment. He's doing everything, defensively and going forward.

We've dropped some unforgivable points this season and they'll cost us in the end. So many 'if onlys'. I have no idea why he persisted with certain players so long, and why certain other players have taken 4 months to look anywhere near sharp. But it bodes very well for next season if we can build on what we've started.
A S dagger97

Is this not evidence of just how poor this league really is? We now look a well gelled squad with players in good fitness and we amassed 18/18 points on back of that,, we dont even look out of 2nd gear in most these games recently and the only game we were a little fortunate was Woking, Of course
there is no pressure on teams like Wealdstone to get results but surely they will still be playing for contracts for next season so i dont beleive that everyone is downing tools.

I think we will regret a lot of avoidable defeats/draws come end of season unfortunately as I fear we're gonna just fall short of 7th but let's keep pushing and hopefully keep this going next season!
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
DaggerJoel11

It's been a brilliant run, although we've no doubt been fortunate to play four dreadful sides in King's Lynn, Barnet, Woking and Wealdstone. Can only beat what's infront of you though and we're doing that in a commanding manner.

It is tinged with the frustration that we've left our resurgence too late. We've a very outside chance of creeping into the play-off positions but realistically we'll miss out. That we're even in with a minor opportunity is testament to how successful the past few weeks have been, but it does make you wonder what we could have done this season if we hadn't been so poor for the vast majority of it.

Barnet (H), Sutton (H), Yeovil (A), Weymouth (H) - six points alone dropped in those games through goals in the last five minutes. That will ultimately be the difference. Then there's also the games where we were unable to capitalise on a man advantage for significant periods - Yeovil (H), Norrs County (A), Chesterfield (H).

It's good to see we've developed a ruthless streak though and long may it continue. The confidence in our performance yesterday was clear to see. Wealdstone couldn't lay a finger on us and we could've easily had seven or eight.

The biggest test of how far we've progressed comes on Tuesday. It'll be a meeting of the two form sides in the division and I'm fascinated to see how we'll fare against a team of genuine quality who will play on the front foot against us.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Dagdale

All so very true points here, if there's one game that will define our season its Tuesday night up there in Stockport, If we pull a win up there how will that show what we are doing now? At last it looks so solid, whatever happens I'm pretty sure the boys can't give this game a stalemate surely they must be buzzing for it, keep Rooney and Madden at bay and with the Leagues best goalkeeper with us weather the storm and hats off come quarter to ten!
jag

Yes a fantastic win but against the worst team I have seen this season, the second half started off with the stones having a lot of the ball however we coped well and should have made it 7 or 8 the team also need to think about the goal difference as we get near towards the playoffs area it might go against us as we are only plus 3, Robbo, and Will were excellent again and really looking forward to seeing Tuesday 's game.
Kevin

Personally, I'm taking this for what it is - a great little end of season run.

Doesn't wipe out how dreadful we were during the first half of the campaign, but definitely cause for a bit of optimism for next season.

C'mon you Daggers!! :thumbu:
DaggerJoel11

WEALDSTONE 0 DAGGERS 5 💬 | Daggers upheld their status as the division's most in-form side with a blistering display of fluid attacking football that encompassed five goals of wonderful quality, shared between their top-scoring trio of Paul McCallum, Ángelo Balanta and Matt Robinson.

Match Report & Player Ratings here - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... -5-daggers
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''