Stockport (A)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

After recording six successive wins for the first time in eighteen years, the majority of which came against poor opposition, we're now confronted with an altogether sterner test as we face an impressive Stockport outfit who are on a similarly impressive run, namely fourteen games unbeaten. It's an unchanged lineup:

Justham; Vilhete, Johnson, Reynolds, Wright, Eleftheriou; Khan, Jones, Robinson; Balanta, McCallum
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Pablo

Outstanding performance but robbed by some poor refereeing. At least two clear cut penalties turned down.
Oxhead

How did Saunders not score ?
But great overall performance, the better team and should have won
jag

What a game, the lads played brilliant throughout and deserved to win the game although we went down 1-0 through a well worked goal, we responded 4 minutes later with a good header from Macca, we bossed most of the second half , Robbo hitting the bar and George Saunders just missing a sitter in the last minutes, end to end it was edge of the seat and a very well deserved point earned, the quality of this team is improving with every game and long may it continue to the end of May. I need to get my breath back and stop shaking, well done the Daggers.
A S dagger97

Deffo deserved a winner in that 2nd half we could of had 3 or 4 with the penalty shouts, Saunders' late chances blocked and Robbo Hitting the bar
Played so well especially after HT, i cant say anything negative about that game other than the bloody ref!
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Dagdale

Such a shame I didn't stream but running through a few County fans forums and 'Independant' websites we sounded awesome and were so unlucky not to have won, just hope they can keep this great momentum going for the see out of the season and grand day when were back through the turnstile for the final game. Certainly things look so much brighter now and its obvious DM has found the best team forward, well done boys, proud of you again!
IanC

Absolutely fantastic performance and as you all say,so deserved to win and the ref was shite.
Had a few more before next season and pray that they’re all fit at start,it could be a great season.
Gotta say total hats off to Daryl,doing a great job,whilst people on here were moaning their nuts off. He just kept saying when there all fit we’ll get moving.
And that’s football,it’s all about momentum,and it must be soul destroying when it’s stop start stop start.
Let’s hope we keep it going and be great to see everyone back for the Wrexham game.
COYD
len

What a brilliant performance. I thought everyone played to the top of their game but both Vilhete and Khan were brilliant, since Vilhete has come into the team he has made a huge difference, he has got so much energy, ingenuity and like Robinson will to never give up. We actually took the game to Stockport in the second half and deserved to win the game. You also know when you have played very well when the home commentators are full of praise and complimentary of our performance. A great night of football that was a credit to both teams.
bloke down the pub

And all for £7.50 . Wake up Dagenham.
Mark

Was an excellent game I thought. Two good sides but thought we looked slightly the better overall, particularly in possession of the ball and in transition to attack.

Shame we couldn't get the win we deserved to keep the season alive, just hope we keep pushing to finish as high as possible. I'd keep close to if not all of the starting xi from yesterday, plus get Sagaf signed up too. We have the basis of a very good side now.
hockley dagger

The mid season recruitment seems to have paid off. The team looks a whole lot better than at Xmas time. Is this the influence of the new chief scout being felt?
bloke down the pub

hockley dagger wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:51 pm The mid season recruitment seems to have paid off. The team looks a whole lot better than at Xmas time. Is this the influence of the new chief scout being felt?
Think his name is John.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Thought we were excellent , the only area that I thought they were superior was their ability to get in decent crosses from wide positions. The goal proved what a weapon we have in Macca if we can improve in that area. Otherwise in my opinion we were by far the better team. The only other other concearn I have is Jones in the midfield , got caught on the ball more then once and he must learn to do the simple things . When he came to us I thought he looked tremendous as a Centre Back , calm.and able to read the game and bring the ball out. Reminds me of Creig Robson a few seasons ago playing totally out of position in my opinion.

Going back to last night that 20 minutes after half time was the best I have seen from a Daggers team ,in perspective of the opposistion, for a very very long while.

There was always a feeling by some that perhaps teams need a season to show their worth . Orient, Barrow and Tranmere recent examples of this so it all bodes well for next year as the unlucky result last night surely ends our Hope's this year.

A few additions to replace the deadwood and the return of the excellent Phelps next year and all of a sudden we will look the strong team we thought we would be this
NBDag

I think that was probably the best we have played all season in that second half. The only thing that stopped us from winning that was the save against Saunders and some bad officiating. There is still some work to be done to get us playing how we did in that second half more often, but you can see the huge progress made in the past 2/3 months. Take this into August and who knows...

I think within that 11 we have probably 8 players that we should aim to keep next year. But all of them I wouldn’t not want around the matchday squad if they’re still here. How times change!
DaggerJoel11

STOCKPORT 1 DAGGERS 1 💬 | Though the frustrating inability to triumph here rendered Daggers' already faint play-off hopes realistically unattainable, pride was still the overriding emotion after an faultlessly battling performance of ferocious endeavour and spirit.

Match Report and Player Ratings from a pulsating encounter at Edgeley Park - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... -1-daggers
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''