Contracts

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dj johnny b

Now, who's the expert on contract lengths/expiry...Mark is it?
Mark

I thought I was, until last summer when they announced a retained list completely at odds with the contract lengths announced on the player signings!
Mark

So here's my list fwiw, based on various sources including official announcements and stuff I've been told by normally reliable people.

Loans Expiring
Liam Gordon
Tom Smith
Saidou Khan

Luke Croll
Kenny Clark
Sam Deering
Mitch Brundle
Myles Weston
Matt Robinson
Josh Strizovic
Andrew Eleftheriou
Harry Phipps
Mo Sagaf
Will Wright
Adrian Clifton
Mauro Vilhete
Scott Wilson
James Dobson

Callum Reynolds
Elliot Johnson
Dean Rance
Angelo Balanta
George Saunders
Darren McQueen
Joey Jones

Elliot Justham
Paul McCallum
daggersjeff

Loans Expiring
Liam Gordon
Tom Smith
Saidou Khan

Luke Croll Keep
Kenny Clark Release
Sam Deering Release
Mitch Brundle Release
Myles Weston Maybe keep depending on who we sign
Matt Robinson A year ago, Out, but he's proved me wrong so keep
Josh Strizovic Not good enough as EJ's back up, release
Andrew Eleftheriou Keep, not done a lot wrong this season
Harry Phipps Keep, give til January window to re-prove himself
Mo Sagaf Squad player, but no more
Will Wright Getting better with each season, Keep. Future captain
Adrian Clifton Gives us nothing we dont have already , release
Mauro Vilhete One of those who turned our season around, 2 yr contract
Scott Wilson Has done nothing to convince me of an extension
James Dobson Yet to prove himself, keep, but loan out

Callum Reynolds Keep, Has learned his trade well
Elliot Johnson One of my top 3 players of the season. Contracte extension
Dean Rance Another who has shown nothing Release on a free
Angelo Balanta Keep at all costs. Been pivotal this year
George Saunders Improves by game. Needs to bulk up at bit. Contract extension
Darren McQueen Excellent back up forward with speed. Keep on.
Joey Jones total liability. get rid of soonest

Elliot Justham There will be interest this year, but keep him at all costs
Paul McCallum Another to prove the doubters wrong! 16 goals this season should be at least 25 next
Lcbdagger

daggersjeff wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:53 am Loans Expiring
Liam Gordon
Tom Smith
Saidou Khan

Luke Croll Keep
Kenny Clark Release
Sam Deering Release
Mitch Brundle Release
Myles Weston Maybe keep depending on who we sign
Matt Robinson A year ago, Out, but he's proved me wrong so keep
Josh Strizovic Not good enough as EJ's back up, release
Andrew Eleftheriou Keep, not done a lot wrong this season
Harry Phipps Keep, give til January window to re-prove himself
Mo Sagaf Squad player, but no more
Will Wright Getting better with each season, Keep. Future captain
Adrian Clifton Gives us nothing we dont have already , release
Mauro Vilhete One of those who turned our season around, 2 yr contract
Scott Wilson Has done nothing to convince me of an extension
James Dobson Yet to prove himself, keep, but loan out

Callum Reynolds Keep, Has learned his trade well
Elliot Johnson One of my top 3 players of the season. Contracte extension
Dean Rance Another who has shown nothing Release on a free
Angelo Balanta Keep at all costs. Been pivotal this year
George Saunders Improves by game. Needs to bulk up at bit. Contract extension
Darren McQueen Excellent back up forward with speed. Keep on.
Joey Jones total liability. get rid of soonest

Elliot Justham There will be interest this year, but keep him at all costs
Paul McCallum Another to prove the doubters wrong! 16 goals this season should be at least 25 next
Decent take Jeff... not sure personally why we might keep Dobson but let go of Rance in the midfield? Only comment on the above
DaggerJoel11

Of those out of contract...

BRUNDLE - Can't see anything other than him being let go this summer, and it's not a decision that would receive too much opposition from supporters. Watching our energetic midfield now reinforces how little he offered. ❌

CLARK - Improved massively as the season went on, after being a liability for the first couple of months. Still a risk but I think he has another year left in him. ✅

CLIFTON - No league goals. No justification for keeping him, especially at another year older. ❌

CROLL - His falling down in the pecking order has been peculiar, as he has been a largely superb player for us whom many would regard as our best defender overall. Hope he stays but wouldn't be surprised if he was let go. ✅

DEERING - Another one who rapidly fell out of favour and will almost certainly be out of the door. Capable of the spectacular at times but didn't deliver often enough, and his departure won't be too much of a disappointment. ❌

DOBSON - Wasn't in our plans this season, didn't seem to particularly excel at Ebbsfleet either, so he'll almost certainly be gone. ❌

ELEFTHERIOU - Not good enough, often enough. Hasn't been terrible for us but never performed on a consistent basis. Release. ❌

PHIPPS - Barely kicked a ball in eighteen months. As good as he can be, that can't be ignored and I doubt he'll be kept on. ❌

ROBINSON - Tying him down to a long-term contract has to be a priority. A superb leader and, against all odds, goalscorer too. Knows the club and internalises it's values. ✅

SAGAF - Would lean more towards retain but wouldn't be overly bothered by either outcome. He was very good against Wrexham and could have something to offer going forwards. ✅

VILHETE - As mentioned above, a key cog in our fortunes turning around. Love his energy and versatility. Definitely retain. ✅

WESTON - Was very important for us last season and is our best player in terms of running directly at opponents. Can beat a player. Got to give him another year, although with him being 33 we'll need a backup as well. ✅

WILSON - Was excited when he signed but it hasn't worked out. Can never fault his work rate but the goals haven't followed. Not what we need. ❌

WRIGHT - Nine assists last season which was a great feat for a centre-half. Very impressive in other departments too and, at 23, surely he'll only get better. A no-brainer to retain. ✅
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
NBDag

Out of those out of contract this summer: Wright, Robinson, and Vilhete we should move heaven and earth for to keep on our books. Kahn and Gordon too if we’re lucky. Croll, Clarke, Weston and Striz I would also like to stay if feasible, but can live with it if they don’t. Sagaf I really don’t know about, and the rest just aren’t up to it for next year.

A shame that Reynolds, Rance, Jones and McQueen are on longer deals too. I don’t see them as good enough for any promotion-winning side and would have preferred we moved them on this summer.

A busy and big few weeks for DM and the board lay ahead...
SUSSEX DAGGER

NBDag wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:51 pm Out of those out of contract this summer: Wright, Robinson, and Vilhete we should move heaven and earth for to keep on our books. Kahn and Gordon too if we’re lucky. Croll, Clarke, Weston and Striz I would also like to stay if feasible, but can live with it if they don’t. Sagaf I really don’t know about, and the rest just aren’t up to it for next year.

A shame that Reynolds, Rance, Jones and McQueen are on longer deals too. I don’t see them as good enough for any promotion-winning side and would have preferred we moved them on this summer.

A busy and big few weeks for DM and the board lay ahead...
John Still will sort it ,as much as I think it wrong to look back but it's an undeniable fact that since he has been back around the Club things took a massive upturn.

The Manager was proving hapless until that point and to me falls into the category of being a potential first class Coach but no Manager
Mark

I think it's vital we keep Robinson, Vilhete, Khan and very important to keep Sagaf and Wright too.

I'd like Weston to stay as he is always dangerous when fit but need to have a fair amount of depth there as he is unlikely to play more than half the games.

Clark I'd keep unless we have identified a top quality aggressive CB to play in the middle of the 3. Croll I'd like to stay but he's too good to be understudy to Johnson so he's likely to go.

Of those under contract I think we have to find a new home for McQueen. The others are all decent squad players, wouldn't be in a rush to replace any of them.
daggersjeff

Mark,
Was looking at Dobson remaining as can play both wings and may develop further.
Rance has gone as far as he can.
daggersjeff

The club needs to be looking at players with League 2 potential, hence my selections
len

Would agree with most of the comments especially in getting Robinson, Khan, Vilhete , Sagaf and Wright on contracts because since those midfielders have been at the club along with Robinson coming back into the team we have improved vastly and started scoring goals. I would not see any point in keeping Dobson as he has not featured since our manager arrived and clearly not in his plans.