Stockport (A)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

The day has finally arrived. We head north for a daunting opening-day assignment against big spenders Stockport County which also marks the firsy time supporters have been able to watch us on the road in eighteen months.

Following a near-flawless run towards the back end of last season, it is hoped we can immediately pick up where we left off, and we certainly have the calibre of players who can enable us to do just that.

I've also produced a brief season preview at: https://dagnificent.weebly.com/daggers- ... gue-season

COYD!
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
McLeansvilleAppFan

1-1 midway through the match.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
NBDag

3-1 what a result so far. Robinson picking up where he left off. Great performance
jag

Sadly Angelo has gone off injured but we are playing really well by the sounds of the commentary
Daggerfan

Josh Walker has been immense.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Way to go Daggers!
jag

What a result, really deserved that one by all accounts, looking forward to the Bromley game next week COYD.
NBDag

Superb result. Early days of course but obviously if we do this almost every week then we are in the champions league in 2030
SUSSEX DAGGER

Was very concerned that we dont have a back up Goalkeeper on our bench , truth is we were that good that we could have played without a Goalkeeper.
Eliott Justham should do the decent thing and pay Stockport £18 like the rest of us,Stockport need every penny after they have spunked up good knows how much on that bunch of never where's and never will bes. Just can not recall him.having to make one save

They were meant to be title contenders ,well if they truly are then we are light years ahead of them , they were simply destroyed by a Daggers team that were simply the better team from ten minutes in.

The way their goal went in you would have been dreading the next 80 ,but from that moment on we never took a backward step.

Will Wright was my Personal Man of Match , his free kick was outstanding. Be in no doubt there is no secrets in this League anymore and they would have known all about his threat . His strike of the ball was simply awesome.

Sadly there is a sting in the tale . The way Angelo collapsed in a heap you for a moment you could have thought there was a serious health problem. Pleasingly it was only a physical injury but it looks like he is going to be out for a very long time. Until that moment he was simply outstanding and I pray that we see him back very shortly but send him my very best wishes as it looks a bad one.
His replacement was simply outstanding and his finish for his goal was so cool and clinical. His work rate was immense and there could not be a blade of grass in the Stockport half he did not tread upon.
Over the years Daggers supporters only ask for maximum effort everytime the pull on the shirt, today we hit that and much much more.

Well done to the supporters as well who made more noise despite only making up a very small fraction of the crowd.

Unbelievable performance
AVincelotFlyingLeap

What was it, 1 win in 11 the last time Balanta got injured ? Look forward to that
Dagdale

Today must go down as one of best away day's I think I've seen for a very long time and to see a team with so much determination to see a job out and return with the 3 points especially being a goal down so early what a day and our support was outstanding nearly every one of us edge of seats stuff and whats going to happen next? We just played as a good all round firm unit and really wanted it, and when you bring on players like Josh Walker who had such an impact almost immediately and from our great equaliser to the third we just knew that County had been blown away and wouldn't get back in this game and it was ours, surely a day were remember for a very long time, fantastic!
SUSSEX DAGGER

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:02 pm What was it, 1 win in 11 the last time Balanta got injured ? Look forward to that
After watching Josh Walker his replacement you will have no such worries . We have far more about us this season and have a lot more Footballers amongst our number.

Obviously I want to see Angelo back asap because as a footballer he is an absolute joy to watch
DaggerJoel11

What a day that was. Phenomenal performance of sheer and unrelenting dominance all the way through, an absolute joy to watch. It's a massive opening day statement of intent from us that is hopefully continued into the next few weeks.

Player Ratings:
Justham -
Vilhete - 8
Johnson - 8
Reynolds - 9
Wright - 9
Ling - 8
Jones - 9
Robinson - 9
Sagaf - 10
Balanta - 7 (Walker - 9)
McCallum - 7
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
len

Having listened to the Stockport commentary on Saturday I must give credit to their main man in as much as he knew all our players names and back ground, which does not always happen and along with the co- commentator who was one of their ex players they were very complimentary on the way we played and individuals such as Robinson, Vilhete and Wright were highlighted as being particularly influential. They also pointed out at the end of the game how some of the home crowd clapped us off.
Another interesting fact is that not one home team won on Saturday, so much for home support!
McLeansvilleAppFan

len wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:18 pm
Another interesting fact is that not one home team won on Saturday, so much for home support!
I wonder what the over/under was on the number of home teams winning would have been at the sports betting places. In hindsight that would have been some easy money.