Wealdstone

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Markinfront

It’s been a great start to this campaign and it would be tremendous to carry that on with another win tomorrow. We look solid and very potent going forward, the players look like they trust each other with the ball. Let’s hope the boys can get us the 3pts. It’s probably a game few expect anything other than a home win so we can’t fluff our lines with these type of games if we are to be contenders. COYD!
DaggerJoel11

Agree with the above sentiment, we can't afford to drop points in this kind of game if we're to maintain the status of promotion candidates we've cultivated with our early season form.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
NBDag

Seconded. We can’t get ahead of ourselves as we know how unpredictable teams can be in this league, but really we should be now looking at going into the Wrexham game with 18 points.
RampantDuke

We beat Barnet without playing particularly well and we have come back from a goal down twice already. We need to be patient today. A nuggety 1-0 will be mustard. If we can support the team as well as we did on Monday then I think we’ll be fine today.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Alan

One of those days - their keeper had a busy day, we missed Jones and Sagaf badly and sat too deep for the first 15 minutes of each half.

I doubt we will see a worse ref all season.
Lcbdagger

Largely positive performance, and battled well after going 1-0 behind... sadly, entirely irrelevant after giving away the weakest, softest second you'll see all season.

Absolute shambles of a goal to concede.

Great seeing us looking strong up to but you won't win the league needing to score 3 every game at home to win... today proved that. Could have had 5 on a lucky day, could have lost without the fight late on
DagenHammer87

A flat, uninspired game there. It was good to get the draw, but the first goal was sloppy.

Their second was against the run of play. It's been a busy week this week, so they can be forgiven for being a bit leggy.

My problem with today was McMahon. Why wasn't there further changes? The last ten minutes was crying out for Blair to get involved.

Time and again in that second half, we'd get the ball out on the right, the front three (McCallum, Walker and Weston pushing on) were static in a straight line and there was a 20 yard circle in front of the defence that went unoccupied. We made it easy for a sluggish back line to shuffle across and get a ball out of the danger zone and into the middle.

Neither Ling, nor Scott nor Robinson have the attacking nous to fill that spot and neither of the forwards noticed that gap and were looking for a through ball to walk it into the net. No one looked to drop in.

No change was forthcoming and I think that the game was there for the taking. Tactically, McMahon has cost us two points.

Ref was appalling, the linesmen didn't have their best day (the Robinson offside in front of the family stand springs to mind - especially as I was in line with the lino at the time myself).

On a plus note, we look more composed and much less panicked when we go behind.

Wright was the man of the match in my opinion. He was assured, made some really good challenges and his work on the ball was very good. I'll be surprised if we keep him past the end of the season. A real standout.

Vilhete was also a contender in my eyes for motm.

Lots of positives, Saunders was bright and took his goal very well. Macca scoring is always a plus and hopefully we do well on the telly at King's Lynn next time out.
Markinfront

I would agree with the last post, Blair should have come on with Walker and Vilhete looking cream crackered and that was a missed opportunity. We have got off to a really decent start though which was much needed and with Sagaf and possibly Jones back next week we will look stronger still. To be fair I thought Wealdstone were better than their results so far have suggested and were as good overall as Bromley last week. A game that in the end had an ok outcome and we stay top of the pile for another week at least. COYD!
Pablo

Sadly two points thrown away. Justham did not have a single shot to save apart from the two we seemed to gift them . Their rookie goalkeeper on loan from Fulham did well but we should have converted at least three other chances. Overall we seem to be playing very well however and there will be times we we don't have the rub of the green. My worry is we are short on players. We were down to our last fit 16 pros today and even Phipps is not fit enough to play an entire game yet. We have gone rom having too many on the staff to having too few. A squad of 23/24 is a must I think and we are thus at least 2 players short.
SUSSEX DAGGER

A game we would have lost not so long ago. Behind twice and our ability to score goals got us the point today, something that would not have happened 18 months ago.

We did not win the game and I am sorry there is only one element of the team to blame for that and that's the defence , two absolute shockers to conceade .

Four games in 5 conceded and our Goalkeeper is the most under deployed Player in the team , a very disturbing fact.

Thought we took to long to get going today ,tha said thought Scott the new lad had a promising start until his legs went.

Not been Jones biggest fan in midfield as in my opinion he can give the ball away cheaply , however he is prepared to take a chance something I think our midfield did not do today . Sagaf was also another big miss.

Disappointing result but still think we can consider ourselves unlucky not to win.

Shocking ref who was not assisted at all by his Linesman, McCullum being hauled to the ground was one of many things they missed.

4 games played, undefeated and top of the League
we cant be to disappointed Surely ?
DaggerJoel11

Frustrating to drop points from what on paper was a more favourable fixture than the three that preceded it, but therein lies the unpredictability of football especially at this notoriously chaotic level.

Gifting teams a one-goal head start was always going to cost us at some point and, although we battled back strongly, you get the feeling that we'd have won comfortably if it had been us that took the lead. However, we seem to need something to chase in order to have that aggression about us.

Don't think McMahon was tactically poor today to be honest, especially as his introduction of Saunders ultimately salvaged the draw. Further introductions may have helped you could argue, but I doubt we'd have wanted to lose any attacking player on that pitch. We'd also conceded so had to be wary how many we committed and, with Vilhete, Robinson, Weston, Saunders, Walker and McCallum all bombing forward, there's no disputing that we went for it enough. It just didn't come off for us today.

Not helped by the ref of course. Some of those decisions beggared belief.

Overall, great start to the season and the fact we're disappointed to only draw a game we were staring down the barrel of losing just highlights the positive mindset around the club. Not the end of the world and we'll get back on the winning trail at King's Lynn next week.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Danamite

Let's be totally clear here. If we are going to go through the hole season with that defence then it's gonna cost us goals and points like it did today. Great start to the season but its a long season ahead and that defence isn't good enough. A new commanding powerful vocal centre back is needed to really shore us up and push us on.
Dagdale

I would like to think our players look at the two bad mistakes given them the leads and we don't see much more of that if were going to conquer the holly summit because its days like that come May you turn back too, difference so far this term though we do have the ability to not drop heads and do put things right. I was quite impressed with Wealdstone they were good on the counter and quite easily could have had a couple more goals, be very surprised if they have another season of struggling. Saunders took his goal superbly and did that lift us and needed that. All in all far worse games but sure a positive attitude in Norfolk next weekend and a good result will set us up nicely for the dragons over the border and really show them whose the boss!
NBDag

It was a weird refereeing performance. He got some big calls spot on (first half booking, their dive etc) but he also fell for the oldest tricks in the book at times. I think it’s a lesson learned today that we need to play nasty every now and then when other teams are taking advantage of these refs.

Wealdstone also taught us some other important lessons. If we are going to be a top team this year, then we need to be prepared for the shit teams to come to our place and stick 11 behind the ball. We didn’t seem to have a plan in place to deal with that yesterday. Wealdstone had a foolproof game plan that they executed well - can’t fault them for that. But when teams play like that you can’t give them easy goals which we did twice. You can’t not press them and allow them to sit on the ball. They’re a bottom half team for a reason and we forgot that at times yesterday. Reynolds can pass the ball well, but honestly I’d take Clarke over him right now as he is a better defender. Their first goal was embarrassing for him.

I hope Jones and Sagaf are back soon, but even if they are we need to bring some more players in. This won’t be the last time this season that we have a thousand injuries.
Lcbdagger

Won't fault the Manager this season but interested to see what he sees in training at the back... mid way through pre season it seemed universally accepted that we were a commanding centre back short... nothing so far has changed the opinion on that.

Both goals yesterday to see conceded were so poor