Wrexham our biggest test?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagdale

6 games in after so long away its been a total pleasure watching our boys strife up to league leaders this season and the way they have gone about doing it, fair few opponents taking leads and real fighting comebacks to erase it absolutely live for the next game and long may it continue. Tomorrow the almighty test in front of what looks set of 10 K Dragons boiling for us to fail , be like a cauldron in there but if we keep up the tempo and contain Mullen and Hyde daggers certainly can win this, those travelling by train beware out of the three routes two: Crewe/Chester (West Coast) and Aylesbury/ Birmingham (Marylebone) have a bus service, Birmingham New Street/International going through Shrewsbury is the better accessible, safe journey
DaggerJoel11

Certainly, but they've made a distinctly average start to the season and moreover there's nobody we should fear at this level, as we have enough attacking firepower to trouble even the most robust defence.

Won't be easy but I've every faith we can make it another memorable trip.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
NBDag

If there is a time to play Wrexham away it’s right now, so I am a bit hopeful we can get something today.

McMahon isn’t the sort of person to go anywhere and sit back looking for a point, and I do admire that about him. But we really do need to be a different outfit in defence today. Crosses and throws will be hammering our box all match and with our back three it is a genuine worry of mine, especially if Saunders starts at wingback. Saying that, if our boys turn up we can hurt them just as easily and hopefully they’re just as wary. I know the prediction league is no more but I’d say this has 2-2 written all over it!

Hope the travelling fans are rewarded with the points and a serious headache tomorrow.
Blackie645

2-1 to the Daggers, Dagdale have a safe journey
len

There is a mention that radio Wales will be giving live commentary but with other bigger teams in Wales I assume this is more likely updates. Also no mention of Daggers player doing commentary, anybody have any other information as to how to tune in please?
Diggerthedog

The link at the top of these page should work

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/58454955
Markinfront

Small margins today with the draw probably fair but given the money spent did they look likely to win the division, I think not. We have two home games on the trot so very easy to put right today. Chesterfields fixtures have been pretty kind so far and they have tough games to follow. The early goal wasn’t a defensive error this time but PLEASE go and get a quality commanding centre back! We are a team that will attract players at the moment, they are out there I’m sure, I get the small squad mentality but CB is a glaring omission that could cost us.
NBDag

Markinfront wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:39 pm Small margins today with the draw probably fair but given the money spent did they look likely to win the division, I think not. We have two home games on the trot so very easy to put right today. Chesterfields fixtures have been pretty kind so far and they have tough games to follow. The early goal wasn’t a defensive error this time but PLEASE go and get a quality commanding centre back! We are a team that will attract players at the moment, they are out there I’m sure, I get the small squad mentality but CB is a glaring omission that could cost us.
Agree with all of this. But I just can’t see us going out and getting someone. You’d think the owners will back Daryl with signings as he’s convinced them he can do the job, so it must be him who is satisfied with our defence and our squad size in general.

Bounce back starts on Saturday with a good chance for us to go straight back to the top.
Dagdale

Thought if being perfectly honest Wrexham deserved the win we were certainly on the back foot most of the first half and our strikers having a job to clear their markers and grab the break, can't remember Justham moving an inch from that far to the right strike so perhaps thought either going way out or just scorer read the lines well, we would have been proud of that goal. 2nd half daggers especially with Weston running them amok down the left flank were desperately unlucky especially with rows of headers from our players just a couple of yards out even two in concession from Josh and Mac that we thought its just not our day! So fair play effort was really there we just fell short in the end, real long day great support considering and somehow arriving back in Euston at 8 on catching up with the Manchester City London special delay Avanti at Crewe and all the banter with those guys in that carriage did finish the day on a slightly higher note, what football days are made of. Up the daggers!