Solihull (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Keane - DDM

𝗠𝗮𝘁𝗰𝗵 𝗣𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄: Solihull Moors (H)

My look-ahead to today’s game as the Daggers look to get back to winning ways! #COYD🔴🔵⚔️

READ BELOW ⤵️ https://www.diggerdaggermatchday.com/20 ... HxnIiQ&m=1
McLeansvilleAppFan

That was a statement win today.

Fun to listen to that fixture.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Markinfront

It’s going to be an exciting season that’s a certainty! Going forward we are unplayable at times, and have the best centre forward in the division by miles. That was the best performance by a Dagenham centre forward for many years. Around him we have pace, skill, and finishers. Two negatives that are still to be addressed if we are to be picky, the first conceding the opening goal again and the central defensive position remains a concern imo. We are in with an almighty shout this season. Oh and by the way Mr Balanta is waiting in the wings! COYD!
stanton101

Markinfront wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:24 pm It’s going to be an exciting season that’s a certainty! Going forward we are unplayable at times, and have the best centre forward in the division by miles. That was the best performance by a Dagenham centre forward for many years. Around him we have pace, skill, and finishers. Two negatives that are still to be addressed if we are to be picky, the first conceding the opening goal again and the central defensive position remains a concern imo. We are in with an almighty shout this season. Oh and by the way Mr Balanta is waiting in the wings! COYD!

Agree with that.
Annoying that we always have to start playing when we go a goal behind. Against better sides who know how to grind out a result we'll be in trouble. Overall though you can't argue with a 5-1 win at home, thoroughly deserved indeed.
rebeldagger

Imagine the scenes if it were 6 !

It'll happen soon enough,

and that'll make one member of this board very happy. Well more happy then the rest of us that is..
Diggerthedog

Brilliant attacking performance light years from the tripe that dinosaur Taylor was serving up, we have very technically gifted players that teams can’t simply deal with and that without Balanta who is the best of the lot.

Only negative for me was the crowd, what more do people want a team near the top scoring goals for fun and people still don’t bother showing up, no doubt they’ll all be there for Southend and the run it. Get off your backsides and support the club or the owners might think what’s the point.
dagger4eva

Was gutted I missed it but did appear to be a shocking crowd of just 1100 home fans.

Is it true the PA guy played bubbles at the end of the game?
RayleighDagger1986

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:26 am Brilliant attacking performance light years from the tripe that dinosaur Taylor was serving up, we have very technically gifted players that teams can’t simply deal with and that without Balanta who is the best of the lot.

Only negative for me was the crowd, what more do people want a team near the top scoring goals for fun and people still don’t bother showing up, no doubt they’ll all be there for Southend and the run it. Get off your backsides and support the club or the owners might think what’s the point.
I think the poor crowd was partly affected by the shortage of petrol. Fans might have just stayed away for that reason. I'm saying its not the overall factor but played a part imo.
len

A great performance but I think the poor crowd was mostly due to the huge amount of people queuing for petrol at the bull roundabout that completely blocked all the roads around there and also I understand along Rainham road South the other side of the gound and unable to get through. I'm saying this because a lot of the regulars in the Carling stand were not in attendance and I nearly turned round and went home but in the end remembered a bit of a shortcut to get past the bull.
rebeldagger

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:03 am
Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:26 am Brilliant attacking performance light years from the tripe that dinosaur Taylor was serving up, we have very technically gifted players that teams can’t simply deal with and that without Balanta who is the best of the lot.

I think the poor crowd was partly affected by the shortage of petrol. Fans might have just stayed away for that reason. I'm saying its not the overall factor but played a part imo.
Was indeed a factor, sure the club even had social media posts about it prior to the game
jag

I arrived early at about 11.30am having travelled from East Sussex I sailed through the Blackwall Tunnel which is unusual however got clobbered at the queues along the Barking A13 with the 2x Petrol stations close to Ripple Road, when I arrived at the ground I went over to the cafe a good breakfast for a fiver, the Rainham Road was very bad due to the queues for petrol and wondered what effect this might have on the crowed at the ground, I do this trip every home game and what a huge difference it was yesterday BUT I still think that it would be worth while walking to the ground for a couple of miles by the local supporters to see this current team performing like they have been doing. COYD.
NBDag

dagger4eva wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:43 am Was gutted I missed it but did appear to be a shocking crowd of just 1100 home fans.

Is it true the PA guy played bubbles at the end of the game?
I do remember thinking “why the f*** are they playing this shit” after the match. Hoping it was a mistake related to the womens’ game today.

As for the crowd I think these plonkers blocking up roads trying to get petrol is partly to blame. But we should have about 1500 home fans on current form when West Ham are away, I don’t think the traffic can be completely behind us not hitting that
Last edited by NBDag on Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BB-Dagger

Playing that feckin pathetic tune at a Daggers game is out of order FULL STOP
it’s bad enough with the s#it that is stuck on the floodlight posts, I appreciate that the girls play there but surely signs can be put up and down as easily as the advertisement hoardings
Pondfield Dagger

west ham women's attendance today, wow ..1128
Diggerthedog

Great for West Ham Women but the owners were seriously misguided when advised it will help our attendances.