Altrincham

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Markinfront

Another tough test to come on Saturday. Altrincham come to Victoria Road in decent form too so again we will have to get to our best level to take care of them. Jones being back is great and makes you feel like the back 3 have cover. The team at times going forward seem to have so many routes to goal and it’s lovely to see a Daggers side with so many potential goal scorers. And this weekend we may see Mr Balanta on the bench. Here’s to keeping our home form going and three more points. COYD!
BB-Dagger

Not one of our best performances by a long shot, was it the tactics or was it just an off day? Altrincham deserved the win fair play to them, (feckin northern ba5tards)
RM1Dagger

Tough one to take..I thought we played very well first half despite the customary early goal conceded. And early second I thought we might go on and do something similar to last week. But for reasons I cannot fathom we just let Altrincham control the game and it was no surprise when they scored. But much like Wealdstone we could have taken the point and moved on. But to then to concede like we did at the death, jeez. Thought Jones played well, not sure he was subbed. Big realty check today, think we have to the team to make the top seven but it's pretty unforgiving this league..
Now the SE27 Dagger
Mark

Completely conceded the upper hand and got what we deserved. Jones was injured I think, hope he isn't going to be out. We should've probably been out of sight before they came back though.
Keane - DDM

🔟 Rate each Daggers player from today’s game /10!
+
🌟Select Your MOTM

VOTE BELOW ⤵️ https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1m5qBOY ... AyQ_8/edit
Markinfront

A huge disappointment and harsh today not to get anything from the game. Defensive frailties again and this time there was no way of retrieving the situation. Going forward this team are outstanding. Defence really needs sorting out and maybe that’s only possible with new personnel. We are still right in the mix and sort out the game management and defensive errors we can stay there.
Mark

It is partly down to the way we play. The manager has intentionally gone with ball playing defenders, and attacking wing backs. You saw for the first goal that Vilhete switched off, and Weston was partly culpable for the 2nd. Wright is very vulnerable if anyone runs at him, Reynolds scored the og but was probably the best of the bunch bizarrely. If we went and got better defenders they'd probably not be so good on the ball and would impact our ability to build possession.

Despite all that, as Daryl said after, you have to know when it isn't going well and how to just see the game out. When it's 2-1 I don't need to see Wright charging up the pitch with the ball, don't need us giving the ball away in our own half, don't need people not going with runners. Do the basics and see the game out.

I think Daryl could probably have helped matters from the bench, I'd have brought Ling on much earlier to combat their left winger. If Jones then had to go off I'd have gone to 442.
Kevin

Thought the boys at the back had to defend for pretty much 90% of the second half.

The team tried to get our 3rd goal, which would have most likely finished the game off. Personally, I prefer to see this from us - we've had about 4 years of walloping the ball all over the shop to no one in particular..only to still let in goals anyway.

It is a slip up - how we react in our next few matches will be an indication of what kind of team we are.
Dag82

Markinfront wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:51 pm A huge disappointment and harsh today not to get anything from the game. Defensive frailties again and this time there was no way of retrieving the situation. Going forward this team are outstanding. Defence really needs sorting out and maybe that’s only possible with new personnel. We are still right in the mix and sort out the game management and defensive errors we can stay there.
Thet were told multiple times at the forum that they won't keep getting away with going 1 down in virtually every game, which was mostly laughed off, well let's see if anything gets done to rectify the problem now.

When you score 2 at home, you don't expect to lose, do ya.
RM1Dagger

That's true of course but we would have if we could have managed the last few minutes out..and thinking about it, people are quick to dig out the defence but by and large they played well and they're all good players, it's the defending from the whole team that did for us.
Now the SE27 Dagger
DaggerJoel11

The second half simply didn't follow the script here. Dagenham's reckless abandon proved their downfall as they looked caught between the crowd-pleasing impulse of hunting more goals to kill the game off, and the more streetwise option of disciplined defending against sustained spells of pressure from decent opposition.

Match report and player ratings from a disappointing defeat in aptly miserable conditions - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... trincham-3
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''