Woking (A)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

After Saturday's disappointing collapse comes a rapid opportunity to make amends as we head into Surrey to face a side that have managed to defeat both Chesterfield and Notts County by a comfortable margin in their past two outings. A tough game, but one on which there is pressure for us to get back to winning ways.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
EssexDagger!

Does anybody know what it’s like for Car Parking around the ground? Never made the trip to the Kingfield before tonight…

Cheers
Alan

The leisure centre car park opposite was where I used to park. I think it’s free for 3 hours.
EssexDagger!

Alan wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:14 pm The leisure centre car park opposite was where I used to park. I think it’s free for 3 hours.
Thanks for that, Alan.
Mark

Yeah Leisure Centre. The street parking is close to non existent.

If you can't get in the leisure centre they recommend using the Heathside multi story which is about 15 mins walk away by the station. Think it's a quid after 6pm.
stanton101

One of those nights I'm afraid, not helped by a ref who should never ref a game again.
Absolutely dreadful, gave us nothing all night.
First half was pretty even albeit that they were given a rather dubious penalty, apart from that I can't remember justham having to make a save all night. Second half we dominated them but just couldn't find the net. Wright was very unlucky with the free kick that bounced down off the crossbar. We had our chances, but lacked composure in and around their box. A mixture of wrong decision making and woeful luck, with a poxy ref compounded a very annoying evening all round. Motm for me was Robbo, gave his all once again, continually driving us forward. Vilhette was non existent and should have been pulled at half time.
A disappointing night, but not too disheartening. On another night we run out comfortable winners, but there you go, onwards and upwards.
EssexDagger!

When you think the standard of referring in the National League couldn’t get any worse, up steps this numpty! The first 45 mins was arguably the worst referring performance I have ever seen in football, the lino on our side of the pitch didn’t do much better.
Not even including the shocking Penalty decision, but also how they both fell for ,time after time the constant rolling around and feigning of injury by the Woking players who a minute or two later were back to feet sprinting down the pitch screaming for the ball.
As Stanton mentioned above, on another night, we would of run out comfortable winners, especially after that dominant 2nd half.
We can’t get too carried away by our 2nd loss on the bounce, it’s going to happen in this competitive division when there are probably 6-7 teams who could quite possibly win the title, just got to make sure we find our scoring boots again on Saturday against a very good Boreham wood side.

COYD
Diggerthedog

3 defeats in 4 games and we could and probably should have taken all the points, you can call it unlucky or the opposite. We dominated this game but just did not have enough to see us over the line, tiredness is playing it’s part with most of the 11 playing virtually every minute. The FA Cup game can’t come soon enough to give these lads two weeks off, but can we afford not to have a cup run as we need some better back up options who can step into the midfield and at the back.

Saturday is now a very big game, lose that and well you probably won’t be winning a title with 4 defeats out of the first 11 matches.
DaggerJoel11

Actually quite a disappointing display from my perspective as we lacked any sort of tempo until the final half an hour and rarely manufactured many clear-cut opportunities (McCallum's botched one-on-one the only one that jumps to mind) throughout the entire 90 minutes. Certainly the poorest we've looked going forwards but everybody's entitled to an off day as long as it doesn't become an ongoing trend. Still a game of fine margins though, no more so than when Will Wright's free-kick thundered against the underside of the bar by a matter of millimetres. Referee was an absolute disgrace and - even ignoring the one non-penalty he gave to them and the two genuine penalties he denied us - his failure to penalise their players for a pisstake level of persistent time-wasting demonstrated how weak he was. However, that only disguises the fact that it was one of those where we wouldn't have scored if we were still playing now.

Woking a very good side by the way, when they actually have an interest in playing football that is.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
DaggerJoel11

Though it doesn't mask their below-par performance, Daggers were dealt an unfortunate hand at Cards - in a game defined by several key officiating decisions that appeared to hinge upon the shirt colour of the claimant...

Match report from Tuesday evening: https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... ing-1-dr-0