Boreham Wood

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

That was utterly dreadful. I can't believe the rapid speed with which we've plummeted from one extreme to the other and all of a sudden look a shadow of the side that we saw just a few weeks ago.

As mentioned in McMahon's post-match interview, there are ways to lose. Yesterday was an undignified one devoid of belief and determination, a real let down on an afternoon where the supporters came out in force.

Started well for 10 minutes but that's as good as it got. Only one winner afterwards and thankfully the scoreline wasn't worse because we could've had few complaints if it was.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Alan

Title winning sides usually have a rock solid defence which gives them both a platform to play and the ability to nick tight games. We have a defence leakier than the roof giving this forum its name. Think Kompany at City, Terry at Chelsea, Vidic at Man Utd we just don’t have that type of defender.
SUSSEX DAGGER

It is clear we started with an un match fit Balanta yesterday, why ?

11 on that pitch and five on the bench . Add Phipps and Veliette and what else have we got.

If I suspect that bench were carrying knocks yesterday and we did not want to risk them then it goes to show how shallow this Squad Is. The best 16 are very good team but teams don't win Leagues or promotion Squads do.

If we don't add at least three by the next League game then the fears I had are coming to fruitritiin.

The good start has been sacrificed on a squad ideology that clearly has no chance of succeeding
NBDag

Yesterday really was dreadful, it was like watching us a year ago. I hope Vilhete isn’t injured as we saw how much we miss him. I don’t mind Ling, but when he went over to left wing back he was pretty useless for us. Not sure why DM made that decision.

Quite rightfully we are questioning how good our defence is. Johnson had a rare off day, and Wright was equally frustrating, especially on the ball. But let’s not forget that now we have failed to score in 3 matches so far this season. That worries me more than 1 clean sheet so far. Our attackers were dreadful yesterday, and we had no plan B despite how clear it became that Walker and McCallum were getting no luck with the long balls. Big improvements are needed from the past week of football and they’re needed fast…
Mark

I'm not sure I buy the lack of depth argument. Sutton won the league with 15 players last season and a very clear first eleven. Boreham are second and have 8 players who have played 900 minutes this season. I think they've only started 12 players all season.

I think this was just a rare bad day at the office. The manager picked the wrong team and seemed to want to make changes to change the result. But we'd played well at Woking and it didn't need those sort of changes.

We are definitely lacking at the back though. You can play good football even with a monster or two at the back. Reynolds plays very well for 89 minutes but always has a mistake in him. Wright gets a lot of plaudits for his ability with the ball but our form this season has disguised his vulnerability to anyone who runs at him.
DaggerJoel11

A ten-minute spell primarily did the damage here but in truth Boreham Wood's domination stretched far beyond that on what was a miserably bleak afternoon devoid of vigour and quality.

Match report and player ratings - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... -daggers-0
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''