Boreham Wood

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Markinfront

Time to bounce back. Altrincham deserved a draw over the duration of the game when they upped the intensity and caught us out but it was defensive errors that cost us again. Woking had all the 50/50 decisions on Tuesday and made the most of it. Our team is decent this season and offensively we are dangerous but one clean sheet in 9 league matches tell the story, and that was against a poor Barnet side. Given that we have the best keeper in the NL what is that showing us? I get it that we defend as a team and all that stuff but the goals are coming from poor defending. Changes are needed in that area of the field imo before we can feel confident we can get this job done this season.
Diggerthedog

I don’t think it’s down to the defenders more so the unit, we play in a way that will expose us and the back line get little protection. It’s ok playing like this when you score goals but recently the opposition are out scoring us. We could have had a few more cleans sheets like the other night where the defenders did everything right.

Saturday is a massive game and we need to win it to keep pace, a few behind us have games in hand too so a win is vital or we could be out the play offs. Forget about the title we don’t have the depth in the squad to win it.
Mark

I think we've outplayed almost everyone we've faced and so don't really worry about who we are playing. The worst performance was probably at King's Lynn and they are not a good side!

Agree about the system causing us problems, we are too easy to break against down the sides because we play two wingers at wing back. It has paid off more often than not, and really should have paid off at Wrexham and again on Tuesday. I suppose it is worrying that we've failed to score in those games despite the number of chances, and we failed to finish Altrincham off despite 2 big chances to do so.
daggersjeff

Any report from the game? As BW are personas non gratis with media!
McLeansvilleAppFan

Down 2-nil at 63 minute mark.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Diggerthedog

Back to reality, squad far too small and a manager that does not know how to win ugly. We needed some changes a few games back to freshen things up yet today he makes some to only play players out of position.

Truth of the matter is you will not make play offs conceding as many goals as we do, also we’ve lost too many already.
Markinfront

Defence not good enough. One clean sheet in 10. End of.
Pablo

We were dire all over the pitch and could ,perhaps should have lost by more. Out muscled and outfought by a side with half a dozen giants. I'm not sure why we made so many changes today but we only looked vaguely competitive when sagaf came on near the end. Hard to understand how a team that looked so effective only a couple of weeks ago could play so poorly today.
Diggerthedog

Markinfront wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:19 pm Defence not good enough. One clean sheet in 10. End of.
Spot on, when we were all calling out for better defenders in the summer we stuck and didn’t twist. I watched Bromley today and they had 3 giants at the back, it did not effect their ability to play good football. After Clark what are our options?
ARNU

Well that was a waste of time.
Our defense is awful. How many times we gone behind even when we win. Really missed vilhette. Balanta is not a midfielder, Clarke can only hoof ( stilly would've loved him) and Macallum wants it all done for him. Just awful today. Didn't mind the loss last week v Altrincham as I thought they were a good team worthy of at least a point but Borehamwood weren't anything special.
No stand out player today all were poor.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Pondfield Dagger

few things i dont understand dropping our best centre back reynolds, and dropping wright's captaincy and giving it to bolanta, who had 90 mins as well, he was awful today. and weston playing on the wrong side of the pitch. baffled today.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Dreadful don't go near it.
Second best all over the pitch , despite Arnu comments probably thought KC was our best player.

Squad clearly not big enough
hockley dagger

Out fought and out thought today. Squad lacks depth.
EssexDagger!

Seems like we are trying to shoe horn Balanta into the team at the moment, in what was a side brimming with confidence. Walker and McCallum had a great partnership/understanding going, now it looks like we are trying to play the 3 of them together which sort of disjoints things a little, which also mean Robinson has to play that little bit more deeper in midfield to accommodate Balanta which takes away his late surging runs into the box which has seen him score a few goals already this season.

Also I agree on the lack of Defenders in the squad, we do lack a commanding “giant” in our own penalty box that Boreham wood had today with Fyfield and Woking did with Diarra on Tuesday. We still haven’t replaced Manny in my opinion, and are probably one of the smaller sides in the division.
Dag82

Its the same sh*t, year after year, why is it that the supporters always call correctly what the problem clearly is, on the pitch, but management either cannot see it, or wait until its too late to sort it out.

We all knew, going all the way back to the start of the season, that defensively, we are just not good enough to make a serious challenge.

McMahon was asked at the forum, if he was concerned about us keep conceding the first goal in games, he said NO, well 3 games, 6 goals, and 0 points later, is he worried now ?.

Another great point made on this thread, is that we have no idea how to win ugly, we are getting outmuscled far too easily, and teams seem to have worked this out.

We desperately need to add 2 quality defensive players to this squad now, who have decent experience in this league, and more importantly know what it takes too win games in this league, when the pretty football isn't working.