Stoney Silence

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Markinfront

I wondered if we might hear of new players this week with it being FA Cup week and so a break from the NL. I was hoping it would be a defender or two, surely loan options are out there if our budget is tight. However nothing at all thus far so it seems we are to carry on regardless. It certainly makes a play off spot less likely with the current incumbents playing each week in my opinion.
RampantDuke

I'm hoping that they are working on bringing in a big defender behind the scenes. It was pointed out to Darryl, Peter, Craig and Steve Thompson on a number of occasions by fans at the forum a couple of weeks back. At the time I think that the league position and run of results masked the urgency but hopefully based on the last 3 results it's become a bit more obvious. It's always amazing when the fans see something that the management can't. I'm not saying that fans are always right because most of the time it would be crazy for the management team to take on board the differing (and sometimes outlandish) views of individuals, however in this case the need for a giant defender/leader in the style of Manny, Tim Cole, Steve Conner, Glyn Creaser, Lee Goodwin, Lee Matthews, Ashley Vickers etc. is agreed by pretty much everyone in the stands and we can't all be wrong.....
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Diggerthedog

Every team we come up against it’s like the land of the giants we get beaten up and out muscled all the time, we’re trying to play this open attacking football but forget about the basics of this level.

They gambled on a contract with Phipps and now that’s completely backfired, absolutely gutted for the lad as there is a good player in there but we all saw that one coming too.

Tomorrow is a massive game for us, a win and a cup run means more money and hopefully another body or two. Lose tomorrow and play Southend with a new manager next week and things could become really ugly after months of hard work.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Pulled that one out by the skin of our teeth.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.