Salford??? Really???

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
daggersjeff

there werent many worse draws, a hiding to nothing!!
McLeansvilleAppFan

I try and keep "i'm new here and new to English football and live on the other side of the Atlantic so I have a lot to learn about all things Daggers" questions out of here and instead direct them to a penpal I have developed. But you gotta' explain this to me if you don't mind. What makes this a bad draw?

:new:
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Dagdale

Get back into the Stockport/ Wrexham 2nd half mode plus home advantage can't see why we should exit off these Mancunians, really believe its in our court and remember well our fine away League win there under Taylor a great Wilkinson goal, although less than a month later they did us in the Trophy. A good run in the Cup, decent bit of money and perhaps we could grab a valuable player.
DaggerJoel11

Painfully dull but they're bottom half of League 2 so it could be worse, plus Wealdstone away was a boring draw and that wasn't too bad a spectacle...
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
RM1Dagger

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:07 pm I try and keep "i'm new here and new to English football and live on the other side of the Atlantic so I have a lot to learn about all things Daggers" questions out of here and instead direct them to a penpal I have developed. But you gotta' explain this to me if you don't mind. What makes this a bad draw?

:new:
Because I think most of us would have preferred a lower league team which gives us a better chance of progressing or a big League 1 club like Sunderland, Ipswich, Sheff Weds where we'd probably get beat but have a great day out and make a few quid. Salford at home is a nothing sort of game which don't get me wrong we have a chance in but it's easily loseable (they might be mid table btw but they're only three points off playoffs). Having said all we beat Grimsby a then League 1 team last year but lost woefully to non-league Carlshalton the year before...
Now the SE27 Dagger
Kevin

Just a personal point of view - but having been 1-0 down with two minutes to go, having also missed a penalty, I'm grateful to still be in the cup..regardless of opposition..
SUSSEX DAGGER

Watched the draw Sunday and we were one ball away from Sheff Wedd away.

Took interest in that because my Son is A mad Wednesfay supporter.

Last night I went with him to Cambridge and my god I have never seen such two poor teams. They currently two leagues above us but could not do the simple things that you would expect from proffesional footballers let alone those playing third tier. Dreadfull don't come close.

You would have thought John Still was in both dugouts accept where he was good at such tactics this 26 were utterly clueless. All both teams seem.to do was lump it forward in hope more tgen expectation.
At corners three times I saw the Cambridge tottally lose his marker for a mear post header aka Balanta style , sadly he was not as good as our man at at least getting it on target.

Left there rather disappointed Dagenham did not come out a ball earlier cos not saying for one minute we would win but we would have given them a bloody good game at best.

On a couple of games that I have not been able to make this season Mick Payne has commented that there is not a lot between the bottom half of league two and top half of National League.

What I saw last night left me with a feeling that Micks assesment could be very Conservative.

As for the Salford draw I think they will be more nervous about it then us. Expect this game to be on the Sinday because TV producers will smell an upset and will do this by making it part of their live Sunday show.
SUSSEX DAGGER

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:48 pm Watched the draw Sunday and we were one ball away from Sheff Wedd away.

Took interest in that because my Son is A mad Wednesday supporter.

Last night I went with him to Cambridge and my god I have never seen such two poor teams. They currently two leagues above us but could not do the simple things that you would expect from proffesional footballers let alone those playing third tier. Dreadfull don't come close.

You would have thought John Still was in both dugouts except where he was good at such tactics this 26 were utterly clueless. All both teams seem.to do was lump it forward in hope more then expectation.
At corners three times I saw the Cambridge forward tottally lose his marker for a near post header aka Balanta style , sadly he was not as good as our man at at least getting it on target.

Left there rather disappointed Dagenham did not come out a ball earlier cos not saying for one minute we would win but we would have given them a bloody good game at best.

On a couple of games that I have not been able to make this season Mick Payne has commented that there is not a lot between the bottom half of league two and top half of National League.

What I saw last night left me with a feeling that Micks assesment could be very Conservative.

As for the Salford draw I think they will be more nervous about it then us. Expect this game to be on the Sinday because TV producers will smell an upset and will do this by making it part of their live Sunday show.
daggersjeff

Good shout Sussex, ITV 4 Monday!
len

It's worth £50,000 broadcast fee to the Daggers with the potential to receive more money if we win the tie which makes this a lucrative draw for us.