Southend

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
shrimperama

BB-Dagger wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:27 pm A bit disappointed today I thought we should have scored more, but how nice was it to see the pikeys start to hitch up the caravans and leave after the 2nd went in, all in all a satisfying result.
Well done. No complaints on the win. We, as always were garbage but where does the pikeys thing come from?

As far as I know, there has never been a caravan site anywhere near Southend.

We are a complete shambles at the moment. Nowhere near good enough.

As for the day. Had a decent train journey to Romford and a good few beers. Having been born in Rush Green it's an area I know well.

All the best for the season.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Amazing what we can do when we don’t concede a goal in the first ten minutes
len

We won convincingly today without our two top goalscores , which just shows how far we have come this season.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Good result . Missed a few good opportunities first half . Completely bossed the midfield . Sagaf was my personal man of match , thought he was very good throughout.

As soon as we scored they completely laid down. Those Southend fans deserve much more then what their team is giving them.

Thought they would turn it around and end up being a threat this season but what I saw today they are as Shrimper says a complete shambles.

Big week coming up that could define our season . If we can get 4 points from the next two will be delighted.

Going to be hard without Macca who I think would have got a couple today, surprised Wilson got the nod over Walker personally as he proved today he is the third choice beyond any doubt.

And so to Halifax
RM1Dagger

shrimperama wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:28 pm
BB-Dagger wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:27 pm A bit disappointed today I thought we should have scored more, but how nice was it to see the pikeys start to hitch up the caravans and leave after the 2nd went in, all in all a satisfying result.
Well done. No complaints on the win. We, as always were garbage but where does the pikeys thing come from?

As for the day. Had a decent train journey to Romford and a good few beers. Having been born in Rush Green it's an area I know well.

Good luck, hope you turn it around as the fans deserve better. Not sure about the pikey thing either, was Freddie Eastwood one who used to play for you? Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it's awful banter from a few of our fans.
Now the SE27 Dagger
TomMc

Thought that both teams were pretty poor first half (I think Jones’ first 45 mins may have been the worst I’ve seen from a Daggers player), we turned it on for 15 mins after half time to put it out of sight, then decided that was that and knocked it around for the rest of the game without any real attempt to attack, and with zero pressure from Southend the game just petered.

We deserved it but Southend were awful, thought Abs was their best player but clearly wasn’t fit. How Daggers fans can boo a true servant of the club like that is beyond me.
Last edited by TomMc on Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
RM1Dagger

Not sure I agree with that entirely, we definitely looked to get more and thought we looked likely to (notable great save from Balanta onto woodwork)..I agree last 20 minutes petered out a bit but even then we had the odd opportunity. I suppose no point busting a gut when game sown up.
Now the SE27 Dagger
NBDag

Wow… That result was needed yesterday and what a crowd to put it in front of. But let’s be honest here, Southend are easily the worst team I have seen play at Victoria Rd this season and anything less than what we did today would have been disappointing.

Reynolds had his best game for us, and deserves the recognition for it. Keep playing like that and who cares about another centre half coming in. But everyone was superb yesterday, maybe aside from Justham who really should have been charged £15 like the rest of us to watch that :grin:

Some much harder tests to come in the next few days so let’s hope the boys can find another level still and get some big points on the board.
Dagdale

Great win, great atmosphere and that's what we all wait for week in week out , really we should have been two up by half-time, big difference yesterday was Lingy especially first half dodging in and out of that right flank they just could not handle him master stroke there Daryl, and so nice he got rewarded with two goals, I was quite surprised how deflated Southend were especially Murphy and Dalby? Maher and Co have certainly got some hard work to do there, really big test Tuesday at Halifax as do we ever win there and a decent result what a day the Chesterfield game will be Saturday we just maybe get back on course with the pack after that?
Diggerthedog

Brilliant performance in what could have been a banana skin game, as soon as Southend ran out of puff after about 30 mins trying to close us down the game was ours. Balanta and Weston should have done much better with chances before half time, and our final ball was lacking.

Second half was domination from us and a capitulation from what looked a knackered Southend side, Sagaf and the brilliant Ling busting a gut and getting on the end of balls that deserved the finish. To think we had no Walker and McCallum today yet still won comfortably, good signs.

Southend are in real trouble but I think they’ll have enough to stay up with worse sides like Wealdstone and Kings Lynn to join Dover, although if they did go down their new 21,000 seater stadium might look out of place in the conference south.

A massive two games coming up now, if we get 4 points it would be decent enough, can’t afford to lose both that’s for sure.
DaggerJoel11

Daggers were without their leading two goalscorers for this highly-anticipated Essex derby yet still had enough weaponry for a convincing victory, secured via a scintillating six minute spell.

👨🏼‍💻 𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗖𝗛 𝗥𝗘𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧 | https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... d-united-0
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
BB-Dagger

RM1Dagger wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:24 pm
shrimperama wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:28 pm

Good luck, hope you turn it around as the fans deserve better. Not sure about the pikey thing either, was Freddie Eastwood one who used to play for you? Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it's awful banter from a few of our fans.
Firstly shrimerama it’s good to have an opposition supporter accept defeat in a magnanimous way well done, as for the “pikeys” name it’s something that’s been around for quite some time and not only from us Daggers, Freddy Eastwood was an ex player who was known as a gypsy and a number of years ago I remember reading that a group parked up in the roots hall car park and claimed to be Southend supporters until moved on after a few days. As mentioned it’s all banter and I won’t apologise for that, we get worse and most probably give worse than this, at the return fixture I don’t expect to be greeted with any polite chants it’s part of the match day experience and long may it continue, awful it’s not.
COYD