Junior Morias

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Danamite

Daggers have signed Morias for a undisclosed fee. I think it's a good signing but what does that mean about the other strikers ? And is one going maybe ?
Daggerfan

More to the point what about signing a central defender? We need someone like Manny Onariase in defence?
EssexDagger!

Thinks it’s more of a sign that Walker is probably out longer than expected rather than anybody leaving.
I do remember him having a good game against us earlier this season, caused our defenders a fair bit of trouble in the live BT sports game but the general consensus on Kings Lynn twitter account is how did they manage to find another club who was happy to pay money to take him off their hands.
I hope we can’t read into that too much :tear:
SUSSEX DAGGER

Danamite wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:54 pm Daggers have signed Morias for a undisclosed fee. I think it's a good signing but what does that mean about the other strikers ? And is one going maybe ?
Don't think any of the Strikers have failed and done everything asked of them except of course needlessly getting sent off and then compounding that even further with a tottally unprofessional response.

Obviously the Walker situation has impounded or we have been fed utter bullshit for nearly six weeks.

Don't think anybody would have thought we needed another Striker if Walker, McCullum, Wilson and Balanta were all fit so clearly they won't be for sometime.

The posatives are that he looked like he suited our style when we played them , however he is in no way prolific

Disappointing signing and that's nothing against the Lad but it is a signing that I preferred not to have had to make because of what we now look like losing for a while
Diggerthedog

EssexDagger! wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:29 pm Thinks it’s more of a sign that Walker is probably out longer than expected rather than anybody leaving.
I do remember him having a good game against us earlier this season, caused our defenders a fair bit of trouble in the live BT sports game but the general consensus on Kings Lynn twitter account is how did they manage to find another club who was happy to pay money to take him off their hands.
I hope we can’t read into that too much :tear:
They were a long ball team and he was no way suited to their style but was still their outstanding player on the day. There was always a chance that Walker might be out injured given his record, I guess that’s now been proven correct which is a shame but was always a high possibility.

I’m happy with the signing, decent player that’s lost his way a bit so hopefully we can get the best out of him with our style.

Still would like a decent middle centre back.
Markinfront

Good luck to the fella, this now confirms Walker won’t be seen for some time, presumably there is an issue with Wilson too.

Surely this must be followed by defensive reinforcements! Money has been found for this signing.

It’s so clear to anyone who follows our team where we are lacking that it’s now very hard to work out why it continues to be ignored!
hockley dagger

Still would like a decent middle centre back.
[/quote]

I think we all would like a decent centre half, so perhaps our recruitment consultant could go get one!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Hopefully he turns out to be a good alternative to what we already have . Not given up on this year.as I commented elsewhere if we make the play offs then we are surely the ones everybody will want to avoid. But if it don't work out this year then with the proposed Wage cap making it a much more level playing field we are going to be a very strong outfit next season.
NBDag

Thought he looked really good when we played them, but I’m shocked to see what his record has been this season. Hopefully that’s more because of the players around him… Do hope though that this is more of a replacement for Wilson than Walker. He is someone we really need back soon.

Also, who said that signing Morias meant we were not going to sign a centre back? Maybe DM and co have realised we need a couple more bodies and Junior is just the first one through the door… :beg:
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:02 pm Hopefully he turns out to be a good alternative to what we already have . Not given up on this year.as I commented elsewhere if we make the play offs then we are surely the ones everybody will want to avoid. But if it don't work out this year then with the proposed Wage cap making it a much more level playing field we are going to be a very strong outfit next season.
Not sure the wage cap thing has been voted through yet so just at the proposal stage. What do clubs do with players on long terms deals and a wage cap come in halfway through that contract, are they not allowed to sign anyone else?
Blue Hoops

When it states, we paid a five-figure sum for this chap, l hope they have have taken account of the pennies , ie £100.00. Even then, by the fans of all his previous clubs, that would be too much
len

When we signed Wilkinson from Gillingham a friend of mine who is a season ticket holder there told me he was a waste of time and could not score goals but he didn't turn out to be a bad player did he? . So let's give this guy a chance at least!
DaggerJoel11

''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Diggerthedog

Anyone filed a missing persons report.
Dagdale

Exactly! Has it just followed into 'the Dagenham way' of doing things? we've run a right mare out field for over a month and a half striving for goals and an in form striker again and its almost completely evaporated and whats going on, is he injured before kicking a ball for us?