Some Whys

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Why drop Akinbe when he scored last week and had 2 assists ?Why play Mccullum who basically does nothing all game again? Why not start Weston who managed to get motm despite missing half the game?
Why arent we purchasing a decent defense with our millions instead choosing to play Clarke who if he's not giving the ball away, giving a penalty away or scoring an own goal is generally not upto it anymore?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Danamite

Mccallum may as well play centre half cause he does nothing upfront. I will be shocked if he has come off that pitch today with any sweat on he's body at all. He did literally nothing does he no how to run ? Vilhette as well every time he touched the ball it was a bad tough off the pitch or he just lost it and give it straight back to Yeovil. We was shocking today. So slow in possession didn't move it quick enough. Weston was brilliant when he come on and every time we got it to him he looked like he would do something but what's he looking for in the box no one moves in there. Terrible performance today all round. The fact that 20 Americans come over and made more noise from a dagenham fan says it all as well. The atmosphere at our home games is simply shocking. This should be a fortress not a library. The fans need to get together and make some noise. Intimate away teams and fans to silence. Dagenham fans are boring
Pablo

I think McCallum played because Wright was out and therefore - in theory - to provide some height at the back from dead balls. That worked out well! Up front as so often he did nothing at all.
Vilhete - a show pony if ever there was one- had numerous opportunities to get a decent ball across but failed every time. Weston is 35 and maybe they now think he is an impact sub most of the time. As we all know the squad is scandously thin and assuming Wright is out again on Tuesday we have only two defenders On the plus side Sagaf is a marvel, Balanta playing two levels below where he should be, Robinson is tireless and Saunders improving by the game. He should start on Tuesday as should Akinbyi (sic) who can't do much more than have three assists and score a worldy on his full debut. No sign of Morais I see at all. Money well spent there.

I'd go so far as to say if we don't win on Tuesday we have a very slim chance of making the play offs. Chesterfield are sweeping all before them as will Stockport now and the others , Halifax, Bromley, Boreham Wood are more consistent and resilient than us.
Diggerthedog

Danamite wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:31 pm Mccallum may as well play centre half cause he does nothing upfront. I will be shocked if he has come off that pitch today with any sweat on he's body at all. He did literally nothing does he no how to run ? Vilhette as well every time he touched the ball it was a bad tough off the pitch or he just lost it and give it straight back to Yeovil. We was shocking today. So slow in possession didn't move it quick enough. Weston was brilliant when he come on and every time we got it to him he looked like he would do something but what's he looking for in the box no one moves in there. Terrible performance today all round. The fact that 20 Americans come over and made more noise from a dagenham fan says it all as well. The atmosphere at our home games is simply shocking. This should be a fortress not a library. The fans need to get together and make some noise. Intimate away teams and fans to silence. Dagenham fans are boring
The club only have themselves to blame about the atmosphere, our fans were harassed out of the away stand due to constant talking too by stewards they got fed up and don’t bother. The away fans get away with it and they say nothing to them, Yeovil’s knobhead fans doing wankers signs, V signs, throat slit signs, offering everyone out and persistent standing what do the stewards do absolutely nothing. Congratulations to the club, useless. It’s the best facilities in the stadium but do I want my 7 years old to see all that nonsense? Family stand is a crap view.

Onto the game a shocking decision from McMahon to not play Weston from the start, we started the game with zero pace or energy and Rightly behind at half time. Second half was much better but too little too late. Is easy to moan at strikers but they got no service today, Akanbi might have been decent last week but the manager can’t use a large lump of his budget on a striker and not play him when the guy whose paying those wages is in town. Can’t be bothered with the ref they’re all useless, they’ve gone downhill for years just can’t rely on the refs so you have to manipulate them which most of our opponents do well we don’t have that side to our game nice little dagenham.

Massive game Tuesday simply need to win if we lose then the decision to offer the manager a new contract so quickly after a good few Months in two different seasons is yet another balls up from those in charge. The manager has been in charge for almost two years now we’ve had what 3-4 months of consistency and chuck out a contract, same old.
Alan

McCallum is a target man who needs crosses. His partner has to do the running. Walker plays well with him because he is quick and does the running. Balanta isn’t and doesn’t and I don’t think the McCallum and Balanta play well together.

If however we don’t play Weston and get crosses in to the box, don’t be surprised is McCallum isn’t as effective.
Pablo

I agree McCallum needs service but that does not excuse him being on his heels most of the game and not winning a single header in open play against their central defenders and mid fielders e.g Staunton. He has an explanation I suppose - he hasn't played for 3/4 weeks but his attitude has never sat well with me.
Dagdale

Football side of it yet again a mediocre side has sprung out of Dagenham and bagged the three points, totally frustrating and how you wonder what could have been if Weston and Saunders had started? Were way off target now to where most of us thought we were heading and quite worrying with a depleted squad and a revitalised Stockport and a few others pulling up ground just behind, 2 wins in eight game run now, bad stats and still no sign of when will it change? Social side of it spot on! Twenty odd yanks top bar excellent atmosphere with beer and a jolly good shindig, more of that please!
DaggerJoel11

The natural spin will be that the red card changed the game but in truth we were really poor beforehand. That Weston only played half a game yet got MOTM is a damning indictment on the other ten players who started because he offered more than they had in considerably more time.

McCallum needed to earn his place back rather than feeling he can waltz back in when fit, at the expense of Akanbi who deserved to retain his place.

On the red card, not many arguments but one should have been shown to their man for gripping Johnson round the throat but not surprised that Quelch of all people overlooked that one.

Shocking day all round.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Mark

Heard Akanbi is also carrying a knock,dunno how true it is. McCallum isn't going to get match sharp on the bench I guess. He was poor today but he's a player that relies on good ball into him and didn't really get it. It doesn't help that he is fouled on almost every high ball but referees seem to have a problem with him.

Thought we were largely poor in terms of what we created but Yeovil were also a very limited side. Another game that could've been 0-0 or 1-1 but we never get anything out of tight games. We should be at least 4 points better off than we are but we lack a certain guile.

We definitely lacked some pace through the middle, it seemed our main tactic was to try to get it wide and cross the ball but that was easy for their giant defence. Especially as the ball in was mostly not very good.

We are now looking very very short. I make it 5 players out injured and 1 suspended at the moment. Assume Morias must also be injured considering the make-up of the bench yesterday, which would make it 6.
RayleighDagger1986

The overall performance against Yeovil was generally poor. Agree with some of the comments, re Weston n Saunders should have started but the game changed at the point the red card was shown.

Now, its obvious to us all that a commanding centre back us needed and there's one player on the pitch yesterday I'd welcome back and that is Luke Wilkinson. He fits the bill. He's experienced commanding and a leader and got in some crucial heafers/defending yesterday. Someone of his guile is what we need.
Diggerthedog

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:32 am The overall performance against Yeovil was generally poor. Agree with some of the comments, re Weston n Saunders should have started but the game changed at the point the red card was shown.

Now, its obvious to us all that a commanding centre back us needed and there's one player on the pitch yesterday I'd welcome back and that is Luke Wilkinson. He fits the bill. He's experienced commanding and a leader and got in some crucial heafers/defending yesterday. Someone of his guile is what we need.
Wilkinson will fit in perfectly, always injured. No thanks.
Dagdale

Pull out the stops lets get Manny back certainly one of the most solid defenders ever seen wearing the red!
NBDag

Whilst I want to see another centre half come in, I don’t actually think that was the reason we lost on Saturday. Yeovil didn’t really threaten us that much, even when we were down to 10. They had maybe 2 good chances all game and their goal came from our striker cocking up, not Kenny or Reynolds.

It was our poor tactics and toothlessness up front that cost us. Everyone bar Weston and Saunders had an off day. McCallum completely anonymous and Johnson costing us a game with a braindead tackle.

Interested now to see how we line up tomorrow with no Johnson and seemingly no Wright either…
Diggerthedog

Wright might to play through the pain tomorrow unless we sign someone as no other options available.

We need a dominant centre back, our back line is bullied far to easy in both boxes. We don’t threaten from set pieces and struggle against defenders from other sides in our own box. If we don’t sign one play offs are not going to happen it’s really that simple.
SUSSEX DAGGER

NBDag wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:17 am Whilst I want to see another centre half come in, I don’t actually think that was the reason we lost on Saturday. Yeovil didn’t really threaten us that much, even when we were down to 10. They had maybe 2 good chances all game and their goal came from our striker cocking up, not Kenny or Reynolds.

It was our poor tactics and toothlessness up front that cost us. Everyone bar Weston and Saunders had an off day. McCallum completely anonymous and Johnson costing us a game with a braindead tackle.

Interested now to see how we line up tomorrow with no Johnson and seemingly no Wright either…
Well sorry NBDAG but the only goal of the game once again comes from the want of a decent Centre half and as it turned out deal with that and we dont lose. The ideal player we desperately need in my opinion was out on that pitch this afternoon in Luke Wilkinson. No nonsense , commanding who's only thought appeared they shall not score.

Hard to disagree with anything else you have stated.
Will keep my opinions to myself as to the total.non appearance of the new Striker who if not fancied by the Manager is obviously another piece of fragile glass we have lumbered ourselves with That is getting boring now , but it still beggars belief