Dogshit

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Missed bake off for that ? Jesus Christ

Tbf thought we played well in the first half. Low on confidence and a few players out of form and it shows
RampantDuke

No leadership in this team at all. Balanta isn't a captain and never will be. We needed a leader to pull this shower of shit together last season and luckily we got Agogo back. Results improved significantly when he came in to the side. Then we let him go to Southend FFS.

If we are serious about doing anything other than finish mid-table then we had to keep him at all costs. We pointed out at the forum last month that we needed a big f*** off defender/leader and laughably (although not so funny now) the answer was Kenny Clark.

My problem with this club is that the fans know 10 times more about football than the owners, the Managing Director AND it seems the current manager. That's OK if they listen to the people who are watching this week in week out and know what they are talking about but they don't. They think they know best and it is crippling.

It's time for the owners to decide if they want to compete with Wrexham, Stockport, Notts County etc. to get out of this league or if they are content with being a National League club for the foreseeable future. If they genuinely want to go into the football league then they need to make some very tough decisions over the next few weeks. If they duck out then we will have our answer and at least we know where we stand.

First thing to do is go to Southend and get Agogo back to this club no matter how much it is going to cost to rectify the massive mistake we made in the summer. Then we need to sign a proper central defender. We can fund all this by selling on that hopeless lump McCallum - I'm sure some mugs like Wrexham will pay money for him and get him off our wage bill. He can't play with Balanta and only scores when the ball is played to his feet, never works to create his own chances and moans all the time.

We are losing our way and I'm also not convinced that McMahon is the right manager to pull us out of the tailspin that we are currently in.

Peace out.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Dagdale

I Was not really expecting a lot of change tonight but boy how we seem to have lost our way and we really do now look a below mid table side, I know the side has been chopped and changed a bit but somehow trying to understand why as most of the players we had earlier are still rooted in there? Its bloody dire viewing, lacks passion to take a game away from an opponent and not quite sure where the next point is coming from? We had our chances of course but a triangle of crosses being to deep or to shallow and no bugger set nicely waiting in the centre box has yet again left us with sweet FA. Fair play to the Spitfires defended very well and even though they messed up big time with that spot kick and you would have thought that would have spurned us up just knew we would fall short again, roll on Notts County!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Dagdale wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:32 am I Was not really expecting a lot of change tonight but boy how we seem to have lost our way and we really do now look a below mid table side, I know the side has been chopped and changed a bit but somehow trying to understand why as most of the players we had earlier are still rooted in there? Its bloody dire viewing, lacks passion to take a game away from an opponent and not quite sure where the next point is coming from? We had our chances of course but a triangle of crosses being to deep or to shallow and no bugger set nicely waiting in the centre box has yet again left us with sweet FA. Fair play to the Spitfires defended very well and even though they messed up big time with that spot kick and you would have thought that would have spurned us up just knew we would fall short again, roll on Notts County!
Good luck Dagdale . Was looking forward to Saturday but going to give it a miss. When we were struggling a couple of years ago I would have made that trip without any thought. The boys then worked so hard and deserved our support.
At sometime you have to justify both the time and money and after our last couple of dismall efforts I just can't justify it . Four hours drive to get there tonight ,horrendous tailback at Dartford and missed the first 15 minutes, but it was worth neither the time or effort .
Some of our Players just looked like they could not care a toss, obviously they do but it did not look like it.
OK injuries have taken their toll but that dont excuse some of the attitudes I saw tonight. Always had my doubts about Jones because of the amount of balls he gave away but when he is out of our team non of our other midfielders seem to want to take a risk and that is why we saw such negative ball that either went backwards or sideways. It comes to something when the best passer of the ball we had tonight was the Goalkeeper and that is a very sad fact.
Last season I wanted rid of McMahon we looked to be going nowhere. Then things picked up and we had a great second half to last and a very good start to this season. So I was prepared to say perhaps I had got it wrong and give him another chance.
Now it may just be a coincidence that during these two periods Mr Still was about the Club , now he has gone and our form has nose dived. Hope I am not reading to much into this but that is the brutal fact .

Before Saturdays game I felt tgat the next ten games would divine our season. As other results have panned out if we had won two relatively winnable games tonight we would be sitting third. With the games co.ing up I really did think we had a realistic chance of starting the New Year at the top of the table.
So in a period that I thought would define our season two games into it and I think it has. We are going to be nothing more then mid table come the season end and the Manager of this mess is rewarded with a contract exstension. Tgat simply geggers belief
NBDag

Last night was beyond terrible. We had one tactic and it was to give the ball to Westy and hope for the best. However it was so easy for Eastleigh to deal with as Westy was having a massive off night, then when he did find the box our strikers didn’t want to move for it. Really was appalling and we will get completely embarrassed on Saturday…

As others have pointed to, yeah we did start the season very well and of course DM deserves credit for it. But frankly our owners have shown naïvety by offering him a new contract that early in the season. Contracts are earned from where you finish in May, not September and right now it’s clear that we are going to finish nowhere near the play offs.
steeevooo

I think this was alluded to earlier, but is Balanta really our best choice of captain? Undoubtedly a talented footballer, but is he a captain?

I was consciously watching him in the second half after we went a goal behind, and he was completely anonymous. A captain should be standing up, encouraging his team, geeing them on and pushing them to fight back - I saw none of this. I daresay it has been missing from other matches that we have struggled in too.

The fault for last night can't be squarely laid at one person, either the manager, the captain or specific individuals - the performance was far beyond the fault of one identity. It does make you question whether the structure of the team is right though, from top to bottom.
Diggerthedog

Balanta himself admitted he is not a captain, said he is not a shouter etc which makes him a bizarre choice. Rance is the only voice you can hear on the pitch, he is a fully committed player and it comes across at a very quiet ground. With John Still off to earn an extra few quid to pay for his Stana stair lift it will be interesting to see what McMahon does, what the ****** does Steve Gritt bring to the party exactly, you think with his experience he would help some of the managers naivety but it doesn’t appear that way. We either want to play football through a defence with Balanta or cross the ball to McCallum via wing play at present it’s a mix of both and does not work. Ogogo is not a decent player anymore anyone who wants him back is living in the past, his legs have gone and suffers from injuries, he’s hardly dragging Southend up the table.

We will lose the next two and then beat Dover twice over Xmas and the manager will get a new 5 year deal as a result.
jag

I was really looking forward to the Eastleigh game after Saturday's defeat thinking that we must win or at least get a point, I said to my brother I hope we at least score a goal having travelled all the way up again from deepest Sussex I could not imagine both games being defeated and without a goal, I thought we played better on Saturday with 10 men than the whole of last nights game, I was mentioning during the game that most of our games won towards the end of last season and at the beginning of this one the team were not relying on the cross balls from the wings all of the time, we had far more controlled passing into the centre of the pitch to create the goals, I just think that DM and the team look back on those videos to see how the teams performances then have now changed so quickly and what is going wrong, it seems to me that everything is rushed at the moment and the accuracy of the passing has deteriorated, on this point I noticed last night that Callum Reynolds passing was inaccurate and not constructive enough, and I agree with the previous comments about Paul Mc Callum still not doing the business up front, I also think that the opposition have done their homework on us and have found out that all we have is a cross ball from Westy or Saunders to provide nobody to head the ball in, The team need to have eleven leaders on the pitch, on a positive note we do have some very good players at this level and being the eternal optimist I think things will/ must improve.COYD.
Mark

We are missing Walker badly. There is no movement in central areas and nobody running in behind to stretch teams. Our only tactic is therefore to get it wide and cross it. Last night Westy had about 20 chances to do that and failed to put the ball anywhere near a red shirt. On the other side, Saunders isn't really ready for this level and barely offered a threat.

Even with quality delivery it is still a bit one dimensional and we've seen teams like Yeovil clear those balls all day long - it is meat and drink for them. McCallum is offering nothing in the build up and Balanta is coming deep just to see the ball. I've also noticed Robinson isn't really getting into the box as much these last few weeks.

We were clearly the better side in both games this week, but as we know it is the penalty boxes that count. We make far too many errors in our box, and we aren't clinical in the opponent's.
DaggerJoel11

The season is descending into depressingly familiar mediocity. Eastleigh were woefully poor last night and had only collected 4 points on the road all season yet managed to do a number on us.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
themightydagger

Ogogo... really? He isn't great and he looked average when we played Southend. The club has a history of pulling in former players rather than moving forward. Ogogo is not good enough and he hasn't done anything at Southend.

John Still going has completely ruined our transfer policy and we will now be left with who Daryl brings in, which by all accounts could be someone from the Sieve judging by previous signings. Giving DM his contract after a month was a joke. Here's to another mid-table finish (if we're lucky)...
RampantDuke

themightydagger wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:41 pm Ogogo... really? He isn't great and he looked average when we played Southend. The club has a history of pulling in former players rather than moving forward. Ogogo is not good enough and he hasn't done anything at Southend.

John Still going has completely ruined our transfer policy and we will now be left with who Daryl brings in, which by all accounts could be someone from the Sieve judging by previous signings. Giving DM his contract after a month was a joke. Here's to another mid-table finish (if we're lucky)...
Admittedly Agogo hasn't done much for Southend but you can't deny that our results and performances improved significantly when he came back last year and I reckon we could have got another season out of him. No leaders out there at the moment - who would you make captain?
DaggerJoel11

Will Wright should be our captain, plays and conducts himself like one already.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
RampantDuke

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:40 pm Will Wright should be our captain, plays and conducts himself like one already.
Not a bad shout. Whoever it is needs to really step up to the plate though.
Dag82

So many questions.....

How can anbody seriously say that Ogogo wouldn't improve this team ?, that is laughable.

How can Akanbi be MOTM at Maidenhead, according to EVERYBODY there, and then not only dropped for a bloke who hasn't played the last 5 games, but doesn't even get 1 minute on the pitch ?

Where is this Morais bloke ?, we surely never paid a fee, to sign a player who was currently injured ?

Who is this new defender Taylor ?, unless I am looking at the different player, he looks like he hasn't played since last season at Barnet, where he played 4 games, this is the answer to our problems ?

WTF is going on in the FOOTBALL Management of our club.