FA Trophy draw - Truro away!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Jackalope

Well at least it’s a change from Sutton / Ebbsfleet.

Also note, they’re currently ground sharing with Plymouth Parkway FC, so don’t go to Truro if you want to see the game!

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/corn ... ng-4906976
ThatRoundThing

Jackalope wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:08 pm Well at least it’s a change from Sutton / Ebbsfleet.

Also note, they’re currently ground sharing with Plymouth Parkway FC, so don’t go to Truro if you want to see the game!

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/corn ... ng-4906976
Plymouth Parkway have also been drawn at Home, therefore I reckon Truro City may have to change the date. Perhaps as a precaution hold off booking transport/accommodation until the two clubs ground sharing sort out an alternative match date for one of them.
ThatRoundThing

Confirmation now, match to be played Sunday 19th 3pm KO
Sagres

Good luck today boys!
daggersjeff

is it being covered for commentary?
McLeansvilleAppFan

daggersjeff wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:05 pm is it being covered for commentary?
I looked everywhere and no audio for this away fixture. Truro seems to have no audio for any fixture from what I could find.

There are some Twitter updates from the Daggers and Truro. I am following on the Daggers Twitter feed and Flashscore.com and keeping an eye on this website.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Halftime nil-nil
McLeansvilleAppFan

Daggers up 1-0 around 76 minute mark.
McLeansvilleAppFan

On to penalty kicks to decide this thing.
TC scored at 88 minutes.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Daggers on to 4th Round after penalty kicks.
Jackalope

Tough game on a pitch like a ploughed field. Dagenham had more of the possession but not much end product, while Truro had their chances too. We finally made the breakthrough on 75 mins with an excellent goal. George Saunders broke free on the right and Walker headed in the cross from an acute angle. As usual we looked uncomfortable trying to defend a lead and it wasn’t very surprising when Truro equalised after a spell of pressure.

We were always in control of the penalty shoot-out, thanks to a good save from Justham from Truro’s first attempt, and 4/4 confident finishes from us. Banana skin avoided, but Truro will also be pleased with their performance to hold us to a draw over 90 minutes.
DaggerJoel11

Certainly one of the stranger away trips. Can't really read anything into the performance because the dreadful pitch rendered progressive passing football an impossible task. However, we didn't really adapt well enough until the second half when our superiority finally became evident and Josh Walker, on his return from injury, stooped low to glance home a great header.

We'd barely conceded a chance in the second half but naturally began to sink deeper. It was no surprise that they deservedly took the game to penalties, which they entered with momentum. Luckily we were outstanding both in executing the spot kicks and saving them.

Now imagine we get Plymouth Parkway away in the next round...
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
NBDag

Good to get some minutes in the legs of a few of the lads returning and no further injuries it seems despite their pitch looking horrendous. Added bonus that we didn’t lose so I guess there are worse days to have!
len

I think it was nice to win but to see so many of the players that have been missing recently to appear on the team sheet is excellent news. It just now seems so much more encouraging to have a far stronger squad available for the second half of the
season. Hopefully upwards and onwards!
len

Daggers have drawn Southend at home what an excellent game that should be!