Grimsby

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Markinfront

Are we unlucky or why does it feel like so many of the players that come to Dagenham are then injured for long periods? Perhaps it’s bad luck or is it taking risks on players who have talent but alongside a history of long term injury. Now of course injuries can happen in many ways and not always in matches but we do seem to have more than most. The fairly light in numbers squad we started with is now hit by injuries to players who coincidentally are no stranger to the physios room in their careers is not a great combination. What has happened to Morias by the way? Somehow those left standing have got to dig deep and find their inner Dagger to gets us moving upwards again, think Peter Gain, Mark Arber, Paul Benson…
dagger4eva

I've felt for a long time we have severe issues ongoing with with either the training facilities and/or methods and/or physiotherapy dept.

It cannot be through sheer bad luck that year, after year, after year we repeatedly have a massively depleted squad because of injury.

Until that gets fixed we won't ever have a hope in hells chance of getting back into the football league.
Mark

It does seem to be a recurring problem here. But would observe that the likes of Jones, Walker, Phipps have poor injury records. In fact, I'm struggling to see anyone in our squad who has consistently played the majority of matches in any given season. Rance habitually misses around ten a season, Balanta more like 10-20, Robinson similar, and it's 4 or 5 years since Vilhete managed a full season.

Sutton seemed to win the league with about 13 players, Boreham seem to name similar team every week. As observed above, we'll never win anything until we can keep the majority of the first eleven fit every week.
Dagdale

Hard to believe that just entering the first week of December other than a Trophy game stuck out in the west country wilderness this is our only game in most of December, whose making these fixtures up? It also comes with the tag am not at all feeling confident snapping out of our bad ten game spell run with this lot? Just hope they could send us off Xmas with a great result. I think on his day Weston has been a bit of a jewel for us this season and we seem to see teams now 'pulling him out' of games which I see certainly affected our make up, zoom back to the Southend game albeit a team that had lost its way at that time what damage Sam Ling was doing attacking the flanks they couldn't cope with him we need a similar plan with an in form Fish. did see some glimmers of hope at County last week for brief periods but just hope we can raise our game at last and give us a decent going away present for a Christmas tonic. Get a grip, Come on daggers.
Diggerthedog

So the following players are missing:

Johnson
Jones
Walker
Sagaf
McCallum
Clark
Phipps
Morais
Wilson

Absolutely no chance of winning this game unless Grimsby are awful, we’ve only managed to win twice in the league in the best part of 3 months and that was against two really poor teams. I hope we don’t play any real players in the crap Essex cup next Tuesday, in fact pull out of it waste of time and we don’t need more injuries or suspensions.

What a turn of events, if only we would have signed that centre back we need that we all see except those that matter who continue to bury their heads on the sand on the matter. Let’s see if the form continues and if there is more burying of heads on the sand. Proper ambitious clubs make ruthless decisions and I fear our easy Xmas fixtures might see the manager safe for yet another few months. Two years into his reign and what do we have to show for it? Couple of good months and shiny new contract. He’s had the budget go get someone else, Halifax manager doing 10 times the job on a much smaller budget.
Blackie645

Too nice and another defeat Saturday, can't believe I was fooled the first 6 games of the season, Now Johnny hoofball has gone down the A13 to Soufend we have slumped.
Mid table or relegation, I will let u choose.
Think this club takes our support for granted!!
hockley dagger

I always reckoned we would finish about 10th. I'd bet my house on us not going down. Only three will drop and Dover have gone already.
Diggerthedog

So only 12 players trained this morning, proper F*cked.
bloke down the pub

I'll bring my boots then.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Wow, sounded (when commentary was working) that the was a match that should not have been missed.

COYD!!
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Markinfront

Proper gutsy Daggers of old display today. A huge 3pts especially given with the three Christmas games looking promising for more points especially with some of the injured players in with a shout of playing. Well played lads. 👏
SUSSEX DAGGER

A bout of Man Flu kept me away today but that has perked me up.

Time to be fair I have been critical in recent weeks but that was a hell of an effort to dig out a win there .

Was we fortunate that Grimsby committed harri kari with the sending off?, The mixer Commentary could not believe he done such a stupid thing , but hey we sounded like we deserved it .

As for for injuries dissapoiinted to learn that it took me to stay at home to learn that the new Pysio has already pissed off to Gillingham, why that has to remain a secret and Dr Death is back in stitu is just another example of fans being kept in the dark.

Anyhow time not to dwell and hope we start to see some of these players coming back . They have a "fortnight" if we are in anyway interested in the trophy given our current circumstances and three weeks to our next League game.

Always thought this period was going to define our season and those home defeats to Yeovil and Eastleigh are even more gutting tonight
Pondfield Dagger

Great result, strange how bolanta always seems to shine when mccullum doesnt play lol.
Last edited by Pondfield Dagger on Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SUSSEX DAGGER

dagger4eva wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:27 pm I've felt for a long time we have severe issues ongoing with with either the training facilities and/or methods and/or physiotherapy dept.

It cannot be through sheer bad luck that year, after year, after year we repeatedly have a massively depleted squad because of injury.

Until that gets fixed we won't ever have a hope in hells chance of getting back into the football league.
So what's your thoughts then mate on the New Physio already having enough and pissing off to Gillingham according to today's Commentaty team.

Welcome back Dr Fotnight
RayleighDagger1986

Pondfield Dagger wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:34 pm Great result, strange how bolanta always seems to shine when mccullum doesnt play lol.
I dont think Balanta and McCullum play well together.
Saying that, our best spell earlier on the season coincides with Balanta being injured.