Crucial Week.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Markinfront

Firstly happy Christmas to everyone. I think next week is massive for our season and the biggest for a few seasons, we find ourselves 6pts off of the play offs so a harvest of 9pts is an absolute must next week. We appear to have most players available again so with a bit of shuffling fielding 3 strong teams for those games should be on. Now I know the old line of every game is tough in this league will be rolled out but surely Dover are a side we must take care of if we are serious about the play offs and Aldershot at home likewise. If we put in 9pts in the week to come we will almost certainly be bang in the mix again. A bit of Daggers spirit like we witnessed against Grimsby and it’s game on again for this season. COYD!
len

As you say with a few more players now back hopefully we can get maximum points over the festive period, the game that does concern me a bit is the Aldershot game as they seem to be winning a few games lately but fingers crossed.
Kevin

Great to grab a win yesterday - nice for Robbo to be back amongst the goals as well.

I think Aldershot are unbeaten in 5 matches - doubt it'll be an easy game..

That said, hopefully we'll show that we want it & give them a going over.

C'mon you Daggers! :thumbu:
DaggerJoel11

First three points of the tally of nine we need to be getting this week.

There would have been a serious inquest if we hadn't beaten that lot, who I doubt will win a game all season, and though we were far from great it was a case of job done in the end. Incidentally here's my match report - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... -daggers-2

Don't know what to expect from an Aldershot side that have followed a six game losing run by a six game unbeaten one. Clearly they're having a mini resurgence under Molesley but I'd like to think we're an upgrade on anyone they've played recently.

After a two-month injury layoff, I wonder if two games inside three days will be deemed too big a risk for Walker. I'd start Akanbi anyway instead of Morias, hopefully he's extra motivated against the team he admitted he should never have joined.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Markinfront

Two down one to go. A win against Dover and we definitely back in the mix. Today we looked very solid and controlled the game without looking overly dangerous. Great goal by Balanta and a nice team move. Zouma clearly motm, did not put a foot wrong. COYD!
BB-Dagger

A solid performance but still too many errors giving away possession, fortunately Aldershot are $hit and couldn’t capitalise. Thought the ref was outstanding……. Outstanding in the car park would have been more effective! WTF was it that inspired him to give Aldershit a free kick when two of their players collided?? Amazing, standard of refereeing in this league is diabolical
Markinfront

Job done. 9pts bagged and duly back in the game for the play offs. Dover were decent today, better than Aldershot. They may trip up a few before the season ends based on what we saw today, had four or five decent players at least. Let’s hope we can kick on in 2022 and get in the hunt to get back into the EFL. COYD!
stanton101

And to think some people wanted Daryl out.
McLeansvilleAppFan

stanton101 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:25 pm And to think some people wanted Daryl out.
For those that able to watch the fixtures in person is there anything specific that Daryl is doing differently during the last 5 or so fixtures or it is just the Daggers playing the clubs we are playing?
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
NBDag

9 points secured over Christmas so we have done exactly what we needed to do - happy days. However, for the two home games I don’t think anyone would say that replicating that performance on Saturday at Torquay will get us a win. Hopefully the rest does us some good, as we need to find another gear if we want to make 5 straight wins.
Diggerthedog

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:56 pm
stanton101 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:25 pm And to think some people wanted Daryl out.
For those that able to watch the fixtures in person is there anything specific that Daryl is doing differently during the last 5 or so fixtures or it is just the Daggers playing the clubs we are playing?
We’ve played 2 really crap teams and one of them twice, the other is a team on a downward spiral. The other match we scraped past a team from two leagues below. Let’s see where we are once we play Stockport, Halifax, Chesterfield and when the teams around us play their games in hand.
DaggerJoel11

3 wins in as many games across the festive period and far from our best showing in any of those games.

Agree with the above sentiment that our season will be more defined by our upcoming games against the big hitters rather than cannon fodder and generally poor sides, but we can only beat those pitted against us which we did without much difficulty.

1 goal and 2 assists in as many games for Morias. Hasn't looked anything special or indeed better than our existing forwards but can't argue with that return.

Torquay now. Another win needed and I'm confident we'll get it.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
McLeansvilleAppFan

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:07 pm
We’ve played 2 really crap teams and one of them twice, the other is a team on a downward spiral. The other match we scraped past a team from two leagues below. Let’s see where we are once we play Stockport, Halifax, Chesterfield and when the teams around us play their games in hand.
What you typed is what I was thinking but not being in person and only seeing highlights can skew things. Hopefully these last few fixtures build some confidence and momentum to get us through tougher competition.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
stanton101

Not a great deal tbh. Like as been said the sides we've beaten haven't been much but as Joel says, you can only beat what's in front of you. On our day we're a decent side who can give anyone a game. If we manage to add to the squad or get some of the injured players back, I think we'll at least make the playoffs.
RM1Dagger

It's alright saying we've beaten crap teams and whilst I cannot disagree of course, this is the National League and many a time I've rocked up expecting to win comfortably, but this league often bites you on the arse so I don't do that any more. We beat previously high-flying Grimsby of course what seems like ages ago now but it's four wins on the spin, and in this league that's an achievement.
Now the SE27 Dagger