Crucial Week.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

I think we've looked a bit disjointed in the festive games and won't get away with it against better sides. Hopefully we get a midfielder back from injury so we can field a more balanced team.
RayleighDagger1986

Mark wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:22 am I think we've looked a bit disjointed in the festive games and won't get away with it against better sides. Hopefully we get a midfielder back from injury so we can field a more balanced team.
So Mark, please explain what midfielder you'd want back from injury and where he fits into the starting XI
Mark

Ideally Jones and I'd pick him instead of Morias and put Balanta up front with Walker. Morias has looked really decent but you can't pick everyone. I think if we play Balanta in midfield against the better sides we'll get overrun a bit.
RayleighDagger1986

Earlier in the season when we were on a run, Jones formed part of the midfield three and Balanta was out injured. I'm not sure if Balanta can form a partnership with Walker. We seem better when we have 2 out n out forwards
Blue Hoops

Totally agree the above. With Rance and or Jones in the side we look a far more meaningful team. When the likes of Morias and Akanbi are in the team we do play and look like an extremely average team. Now Walker is fit and McCallum could be nearly ready to return, the likes of Morias and Akanbi should be nowhere near the team
Pablo

Why would we bring back McCallum? We haven't lost a game since he's been out and we look far more potent without him. As I recall Balanta and Akinbi scored and made 4 between them at Maidenhead even before the current run and again no McCallum.
Dagdale

Do agree with the above post but can be thrown either way as McCallum has always had a goal in him , only player if they can work him in the position like early season is Joey Jones back in the side that believe would be a good plus, same out and out mentality like those games and Halifax and Stockport County could certainly be conquered, this is the time now not two months time to put in the points and take the latter pressure off, biggest plus this season is a fantastic home pitch , add somehow more fans passing through the turnstiles with the vocals a tad higher we should be getting set for a highly fought run in and extend the season.
Alan

McCallum and Walker look like our best pairing. Walker has the pace and McCallum the muscle. We miss Joey Jones winning the ball and starting attacks. If you get those three and Weston in the team, we will be a force in this division.
len

I totally agree that we need Joey Jones back into the team because he is comfortable on the ball and does a great job just in front of the defence which in turn enables Sagaf to push further forward where he is likely to create chances for the team, however, McCallum in a number of games before his injury was so ineffective and almost appeared disinterested at times so not sure about him.
Diggerthedog

What's our win percentage with and without McCallum? Manager needs to make him work his way back into this team although big pressure due to his wage and the owners thinking why is he not playing him.
Dag82

Since the beginning of October (League games only):

With McCallum - Played 6 W0 D0 L6

Without McCallum - Played 8 W6 D1 L1

Let's hope the Saviour is back soon.
steeevooo

I have no idea how it will impact the results, but why from the start of October (league games only)? That sounds like rather selective data!
Diggerthedog

The 8 previous leagues games before October we won 6 drew 1 and lost 1 he played them all.
NBDag

I think McCallum alongside Walker is a different story. I would imagine that around October is when Walker got injured?

I think he has struggled this year when playing alongside Balanta, together we don’t have a lot of energy up top. But it’s strange because we had that run at the end of last season with both of those up top and they were great. Maybe it’s the set up of everyone around them that could be the problem
jag

I wish McCallum a speedy recovery however I do not want to see him play anytime soon, I find him slow, frustrating to watch, and does not work hard enough to create goal scoring chances, If the ball does not go direct to his feet or head he is completely lost, the current team at high tempo will not be able to cross the ball with such accuracy it just aint going to work, in my opinion he could be used to help at full back to defend corners or come on as a sub, or move him on to another club that may suit him and the Daggers.