Aldershot

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

Not a great performance but given the quick turnaround, the win is all that matters.

Baffled by the officials and the choice of MOTM, which I though Zouma would get for the tackle and clearance which led to the winner. Morias seemed rather ineffectual to me.
McLeansvilleAppFan

For a short amount of time during the fixture we were sitting in 7th place in the table.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
len

We have played a lot better than that today this season and lost but Aldershot were very defensive which we found difficult to break down but who cares to get the 3 points and another clean sheet that will do for me!
Dagdale

Not quite like the great Bobby Moore tackle in the danger zone in Mexico but MY GOD was that so good to watch in this day and age, well done Mr Zouma especially in the day and age of getting it wrong and a red easily thrown a players way, settle for that today, the boys had it under control and were beginning to get the squad well together again, get Joey Jones fit ready for the tougher tests with Torquay and Stockport and just maybe were return to good contenders!
SUSSEX DAGGER

You will not find two poorer teams then Aldershot or Dover and we have another Turkey shoot on Sunday to make it four wins on the bounce. That will no doubt get People carried away .

Arnu you have a new Tomlin in this new bloke , runs around a lot but don't seem to do much. His first touch was poor and did a lot of complaining.

On that showing McCullum Walker Wilson and Ibby are all ahead of him in my book. Kings Lynn fans thought they were lucky to get rid and to get a fee as well was Christmas come early . How on earth he got MOM .

They only looked interested in trying to keep the score down and took them 70 minutes to at least make our keeper work.

Frustrating watch at times but we were Miles better then them and deserved the win.

Absolute class finish by the Captain. Zoama certainly is what I thought we needed for months, no nonsense Centre half who just continuely got the ball out.

Another win and another 3 points . Another 3 on Sunday should be a cert . Funny how things change and frankly we have not had to beat much to do it
NBDag

Think we looked off the pace today. It’s lucky that our opposition during this spell are some of the worst teams in the division and we can get away with it. Zouma looks like a class addition though, can only imagine how good he may be after more time to settle in.

Morias MOTM is a weird one, I actually think he was our worst player today along with Akanbi. When you look at those two you don’t see a very mobile attack, and surprise surprise they don’t play like one either. Need to start Walker on Sunday.

On to Dover, hopefully a chance to rest some legs and get the easiest 3 points on offer to us this season.
DaggerJoel11

Another far from aesthetically pleasing victory, where the standalone moment of quality was the one that ultimately decided the game, though I would say rightfully in our favour.

For a side somehow unbeaten in seven, Aldershot were very limited in every department yet we still had to be vigilant in the second half, such was the marginal nature of our lead, and the new boy Zouma was integral to that as he powered everything away. No nonsense, exactly what we needed.

Overall it's consecutive wins and clean sheets, albeit with further improvement still required. We end the year as the division's top scorers and sit just a point outside the playoffs ahead of possibly the best upcoming game we could hope for in Dover at home. We can really embark on a strong push in the new year.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
jag

Some of you guys I think are under playing the teams performance, yes sure, they started off slowly and had the ball whipped away from their progress going forward a few times but as they got into the game more the passing improved especially in the centre of the pitch, not so good along the wings, their number 16 was always a danger running confidently and creating problems for us, the team worked really hard to take control which they did but eventually, I thought Aldershot played a lot better than their league position shows and right up until the end I was a bit worried that they might sneak a goal, a very good game, a well deserved win however you all know that the Daggers never do things easily and Sundays game will not be a formality win, COYD.
Eagleman3449

Hello all, I thought the motm was a very strange one , good win really although a tight game and few chances, believe it or not I was in the toilet when we scored..never mind, you can tell by my username that I’m a palace fan, although I gave my season tkt up 2 years ago and now watch the daggers, I usually cycle from my house in Collier row, any one else like a casual cycle ride?
Looking forward to the. Dover game and hopefully get back into a play off spot cheers
Diggerthedog

Think we may have made more changes had that been an option for the manager so the boys that did play two games in 48 hours have done a huge shift regardless of opposition. Great finish from Balanta and some think he’s not worthy of a place on the pitch, only player on the pitch yesterday that kept the ball and moved it on. Still not sold on Akanbi or Morais but they could be important given our other strikers injury records this season.

Aldershot were worse than Dover, at least Dover had attacking intent to try and win the game and not sit back and waste time, got what they deserved in the end absolutely nothing.

Dover seemed to have improved as a team that got beat by a few to a harder to beat side, they’re due a win a some point so we can’t take anything for granted and need to go all out for a statement win. Still think those 3 defeats in November will cost us come May as the play offs are even more difficult if you don’t finish second or third.
DaggerJoel11

A moment of class from Ángelo Balanta ensured the Daggers ended 2021 with a third consecutive win in an otherwise drab game devoid of much quality in the key areas.

👨🏼‍💻 𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗖𝗛 𝗥𝗘𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧 from a cagey yet crucial victory over a feeble Aldershot outfit - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... hot-town-0
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''