National League Per Fixture Table

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:37 pm Just done some maths - I make it, 20 points from 16 games against top half teams. and 35 points from 17 games against bottom half teams. 14 from 14 if you take out Southend.

Top Half Bottom Half
G 16 18
W 6 11
D 2 2
L 8 5
F 29 31
A 25 17
P 20 35
It would be fun to develop something where a sliding marker could add up points at any breakpoint on the table. With us sitting at 9th I expect us to have fewer points for the top half and more for the bottom half. That is one reason each club is on the top or bottom of the table. A shame with the F and A numbers we have not pulled out more points from the top half.

Thanks for doing this. I love all these numbers and analysis.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:43 pm
AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:37 pm Just done some maths - I make it, 20 points from 16 games against top half teams. and 35 points from 17 games against bottom half teams. 14 from 14 if you take out Southend.

Top Half Bottom Half
G 16 18
W 6 11
D 2 2
L 8 5
F 29 31
A 25 17
P 20 35
It would be fun to develop something where a sliding marker could add up points at any breakpoint on the table. With us sitting at 9th I expect us to have fewer points for the top half and more for the bottom half. That is one reason each club is on the top or bottom of the table. A shame with the F and A numbers we have not pulled out more points from the top half.

I hope it conveys my annoyance at the way we’ve played against contending teams since the Grimsby game in December.
McLeansvilleAppFan

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:23 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:43 pm

Top Half Bottom Half
G 16 18
W 6 11
D 2 2
L 8 5
F 29 31
A 25 17
P 20 35

I hope it conveys my annoyance at the way we’ve played against contending teams since the Grimsby game in December.
I think we are all annoyed to be honest, and thinking "what could have been." or "what should have been." even.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Updated for the fixtures on 9 April. Sitting in 8th places on the table by points and 9th place when comparing points per fixture.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
McLeansvilleAppFan

Updated for 23 April 2022 fixtures.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Just looked - the four teams missing a game on each match day between now and the end of the season are Woking, Grimsby, Southend and King’s Lynn.

KL situation is really weird ? Their season finishes a week before everyone else lol
McLeansvilleAppFan

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:28 pm Just looked - the four teams missing a game on each match day between now and the end of the season are Woking, Grimsby, Southend and King’s Lynn.

KL situation is really weird ? Their season finishes a week before everyone else lol
Well someone has to have a week off since there are an odd number of teams and that includes the first Saturday or the Season and the last Saturday as well.

In a way I wish is was Notts County or Grimsby as it would give us a clear picture of what is needed on the last Saturday but it may not matter anyway. If something goes wrong with Notts of Grimsby and us getting to the playoffs was the difference between a draw or a win the club could game plan according.
Diggerthedog

We’re not getting in the play offs.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:36 pm We’re not getting in the play offs.
Yeah i wouldn’t worry too much
McLeansvilleAppFan

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:36 pm We’re not getting in the play offs.
Don’t worry, I am not holding my breath.