Stockport (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Hey friends. Genuine Q - when was the last time we played in a match as big as this ? Late Jan, 7th v 3rd, live on TV ... could it be argued this is the biggest game since the play offs in 2017 ?
DaggerJoel11

Certainly the nerviest I've been since the return fixture on the first game of the season. Tomorrow is massive not only in itself but also as a platform for the equally crucial games we face thereafter. Hopefully we turn up.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Dagdale

I was thinking that myself, this game and the following home game with Halifax albeit surely Weymouth Tuesday night were dodge any bullets thrown our way down there certainly could defy our seasons fortune and how we develop in the final pack, reading their forum they certainly are aware how good a side we are and how daggers have hit back on a reasonable good run lately and a good plus for us their Quigley is out , and us having Joey Jones back in control, him and Lingy could be so important this game, keep the mindset as before lads, sure were all get behind 'em big time, its going to be some game
NBDag

Very big game, but I’m not feeling too nervous despite our underwhelming performances recently.

Hopefully everyone is fully fit and we can leave ourselves a really big headache for who to start. Personally I think I’d be controversial and start Robbo over Sagaf to give us a bit more defensively. If he is 100% fit I am also hoping that we can play McCallum alongside Walker. Try and recapture some of that attacking form from the early part of the season.

Either way whoever we pick today should be more than capable of winning the match, so I’m excited to see the table later tonight.
Daggerman

Getting exactly what we deserve at the moment, f4ck all
Daggerman

Outrageous that anyone was man of the match tonight, we were embarrassing and thoroughly deserved to lose, worst performance of the season,
ARNU

Awful performance.
Constant Pass back football when we're
2-0 down. Defence are clueless. I'd bin Wright , Johnson and Reynolds
Can we give Jones away too, terrible player, had the neck to tell the sieve to get behind him after the 2nd goal in 3 minutes was it ?,
We won't get out of this league with these at the back.
Darryl master of strategy took off the only player trying (Moria's)and replaced him with dud journeyman useless mccullum . We ain't getting out of this league !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RampantDuke

One of the worst performances for ages. Came out cold for second week running. Luckily Southend didn’t score last week but could have done. I hate 5.20 kick offs and wish we were never on TV. Always ends badly. Can’t wait for next week!
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Oh, man. That was BAD.
McLeansvilleAppFan

So there are ways of finding streaming video online in countries that don't have rights to National League fixtures. I'll leave it at that. So I finally get to watch the Daggers live.

Positives: The crowd sounded great as I was watching.

Cons: I have a daughter visiting this evening so I need to get back to her company and after that I need get in bed as I have to work tomorrow. I don't have enough time to type all of it out so I will just let it be.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
jag

So disappointing this evening 2 down within 5 minutes, but I have to say that Stockport are one of the best teams I have seen play at Victoria Road for a very long time, I think they out thought us and I also think their manager did his home work on us, they completely out did us tactically, Callum Reynolds who has been playing really well for us recently was completely clueless who to pass to except to Elliot Johnson he just could not see a pass going forward, Johnson did not look fully fit, Joey Jones was running around with no idea what was going to happen next, and the forward line when they were able to make a break forward were completely and quickly brought to halt, Stockport on that performance will be a Div 2 team next season and good luck to them, but it kind of gives our team a measure of how far they still have to go to reach that level, hoping to get a much better team performance against Halifax next week when we will have lots of children attending on our diversity day.
Chalky69

Completely agree with jag. Outplayed in every department. Only player with any energy was the first to be subbed but should have been MoM. Agree they were the best team we’ve seen for ages. Doesn’t feel quite so bad when you are beaten by a far better side but just shows how far we’ve got to go. Interesting in Daryll’s notes he said Stockport got a lot of players from Div 1 and 2 clubs. Where do we get ours from? The difference showed yesterday!
Diggerthedog

It’s been glaringly obvious all season what our problems are and where we need to improve yet all we’ve done is buy more strikers, more goals conceded on set plays and crosses yet again. We have zero protection along the sides of the three centre backs, far too attacking at times and against a better side last night we were rightly out of our depth at trying to outscore them. We have more strikers on the books then we do defenders.

Stockport have gone out and got a proven manager at this level and it will pay off, be surprised if they don’t go up but perhaps our owners should have done the same from the very start. The owners have been near silent for a while now, same people left to run the club as usual and happy with what they see happening on the pitch and off it which is very little improvement.

Game was over in 5 mins, our best player was Morais and he gets hauled off to make us less mobile against a back line that struggled with Morais movement utterly clueless from the manager. The games over Xmas were against crap, played two decent sides since and come unstuck, don’t bode well for the next two weeks.
NBDag

That was so very embarrassing. One of the biggest games of the season and they produce a hopeless, helpless, heap of shit for a performance. Every single player should be ashamed.

Let’s be real for a second, Stockport are a very good team. But they only needed to play 5 minutes of football to beat us. It wasn’t a spectacular performance from them. For the other 85 they did nothing, which was more than enough to keep as at bay. Their manager did what every half decent gaffer would do, which is go gung-ho for the first 10 minutes and get a piss easy goal whilst we are still working out whether a game of football has kicked off.

That performance is exactly why McMahon should not be our manager. What did he do to try and get us back into the game after 5 minutes? More importantly, how many times are we finding ourselves out of a game after 5 minutes. Bin him. Bring in someone with half a ******** clue, please.
len

We have to remember that their budget must be considerably more than ours which enables them to sign players from leagues 1 and 2. Just compare their attendances with ours, so we think we need to be realistic about things not have a knee jerk reaction because we have been beaten against a good team. We all want our team to be competitive but we cannot just throw money at this like a number of teams in this division, we have to be sensible and work within our means as we want our club to have a long term future.