Yoan Zouma

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

https://news.sky.com/story/west-ham-sta ... e-12535884

I can’t even bear to watch the Kurt Zouma video but understand the person filming and laughing is his brother Yoan.

I really hope the club take action and have emailed Steve Thompson.
I suggest others do the same.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

I'll be willing to bet a post match pint in the clubhouse that we don't get a statement from the club about this.
Mark

Should be sacked.
NBDag

Personally I think sacking Yoan is a bit extreme. He can learn his lesson through being suspended, alongside the public humiliation he is facing for acting like such a muppet.

What he did clearly was wrong, but I don’t remember this attitude towards Luke Pennell when he was convicted of robbing someone at knife point. I think we would also all agree that the club, and Luke, benefitted from giving him a second chance to learn from his mistake. Let’s take the same approach here.
Lcbdagger

See your point but can't agree... he should go after this. The statement suggesting this was a one off and the terrified looking cats in the video were perfectly well treated at home and cared for was completely nonsensical... the alleged remorse for this getting out when it was filmed and posted to social media by their own family is even more baffling.

Wouldn't want to see him playing for the club again even if the playoff push was dented because of it.

Can't agree with the Pennell situation either as I was equally vocal then that he shouldn't have stayed with the team.
Diggerthedog

Not only has he filmed it he had shared it online, what a moron. He’s crap anyway, first time he came up against a decent winger Southend at home in trophy he got found out, was booked and subbed at half time. Good time to get rid of you ask me.
GSDMick

The act committed by the Zouma brothers show what vile human
beings they both are. Kicking a defenceless cat around the kitchen and
laughing about it is *****disgusting.
Football players are supposed to set an example to young kids
growing up, what sort of an example was this. This one was filmed
so we have seen it, what we don’t know is that was this an isolated
Incident.? I would be very surprised if it was the only case of animal abuse, however we will not know the answer to this one.
This incident alone to me personally means that Yoan Zouma should have his contract cancelled immediately for bringing the club into disrepute.
I have personally e mailed Steve Thompson today.
stanton101

You really do have to worry about people's state of mind if they can carry out this type of thing.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:27 am I'll be willing to bet a post match pint in the clubhouse that we don't get a statement from the club about this.
Drinks on me. Can't believe it.
Alan

The club are in a tricky position having failed to get rid of Luke Pennell or Abu Ogogo when they received suspended jail sentences.
hockley dagger

Straight red card from me. Get him out. Vile individual
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Alan wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:35 pm The club are in a tricky position having failed to get rid of Luke Pennell or Abu Ogogo when they received suspended jail sentences.
And Matt Partridge, and Labadie when he bit someone, etc ...
Auntie Merge

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:19 pm
AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:27 am I'll be willing to bet a post match pint in the clubhouse that we don't get a statement from the club about this.
Drinks on me. Can't believe it.
Just came here to claim! I won't be at the trophy game, but the next home game would be good.
https://www.daggers.co.uk/news/-MvOYAIITdkMpCrye244
EssexDagger!

Auntie Merge wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:00 am https://news.sky.com/story/west-ham-sta ... e-12535884

I can’t even bear to watch the Kurt Zouma video but understand the person filming and laughing is his brother Yoan.

I really hope the club take action and have emailed Steve Thompson.
I suggest others do the same.
Just have emailed the club myself, hopefully if more people do the same and let the club know that we don’t want this @-hole representing our family club & wearing a daggers shirt ever again, hopefully the club will do the right thing and terminate his contract.
Lcbdagger

I hope we get rid... but at the same time I'm fascinated to see where this goes. After hearing online discussion all day about how Kurt would have been sacked without a moments thought had he been an Academy player, it will be interesting to see if he gets a couple of weeks fine and misses tonight's game but then is in the team over the next week or so, yet we potentially look to cancel the contract of the brother who filmed the abuse rather than carried it out.

Absolutely the right decision if we get rid, but won't do anything to help the claims, if brother stays at West Ham to suggest there is one rule for the well paid or valuable player and another for someone lower down the chain.