George Saunders

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Prayers up young man... Absolute sickener today. Speedy recovery and best wishes. Looked all sorts of horrible from the stands
BB-Dagger

It looked and sounded awful from the Sieve, linesman and referee were absolutely clueless, one moment they play on and the next it’s a red card and a free kick! The assault (tackle) was in the penalty area and still the officials got it badly wrong, Standards at this level are outstandingly poor.

Hopefully george will be back sooner rather than later,
Chalky69

Agree with comments about the officials today. Can they get much worse. The referee today was a disgrace!
NBDag

Such a horrendous tackle. Hopefully Saunders makes a full and speedy recovery, as he has been showing some real development this season. That player should be ashamed and hit with the longest ban possible.

The officiating was absolutely abysmal. Not just the referee, but the sieve-side linesman was the worst I’ve seen. I’m trying to understand how they didn’t give a foul at the time of the tackle, but then went back to give a red card and completely miss the location of where the foul was made. Even if it was outside the box (it wasn’t) how did they place the free kick so wide out? I just can’t comprehend their thought process through all of it. Neither should be let near a game again.
Alan

Hope George recovers fully and quickly.

Looked to me like the contact was outside the box and both players went in hard. I don’t understand how it went from no foul to red card.
Pablo

Best wishes to Saunders. As breaks go it doesn't sound as bad as it might have been thankfully and there is talk of him being back for pre season. His injury and the disgraceful antics in the sieve did deflect from a performance, particularly in the first half, which was as bad as it could get. If the opposition had been National League standard we would have been sunk without trace. If McMahon thinks the second half was outstanding he is living in another world. It was adequate at best with a scrambled goal and another against ten men. The line up was all wrong with three holding mid field players and no creativity at all. Sagaf has arguably been our best player over the season and now seems to be on the naughty step for no obvious reason yet the loose cannon that is Jones plays every game.. We are now tenth in the Championship table with even Southend on our heels. What on earth is going on?
Diggerthedog

Everything is fine the manager is doing a brilliant job, keep your mouth shut or don’t come.
RayleighDagger1986

Just watched the highlights and they omit the tackle involving Saunders. So unable to judge if it was a penalty or not and to see where the ref was in relation to the tackle when it happened. Disappointed in that tbh
stanton101

Couldn't make the game on Saturday.
But from what I can gather it's a bad injury.
What was it, a break, or dislocation?
len

Best wishes George in your recovery.
daggersjeff

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, George! You will come back stronger!
jag

Wishing George a speedy recovery, he will be missed, I thought he was just about to be chosen for a sustained period of time in the starting line up, blody bad luck.
McLeansvilleAppFan

stanton101 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:26 pm Couldn't make the game on Saturday.
https://daggers.co.uk/news/-MvtBlVlgKiViaE2pPXv

I am glad they explained a double leg break a bit more as my first thought was both legs had broken bones. They seems much worse than two bones in one leg broken. Though that also sounds horrific to be sure.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
stanton101

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:04 pm

I am glad they explained a double leg break a bit more as my first thought was both legs had broken bones. They seems much worse than two bones in one leg broken. Though that also sounds horrific to be sure.
Thanks for the heads up mate
And thanks to everyone else who couldn't be bothered.
McLeansvilleAppFan

stanton101 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:36 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:04 pm

Thanks for the heads up mate
And thanks to everyone else who couldn't be bothered.
I am working on a 5 hour time difference. I think I just got lucky with the timing of their post and my being at lunch.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.