Altrincham

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dag82

Altrincham comfortably on there way to a first home win since Early October.

Alty radio commentators literally taking the p*ss out of how bad we are.

Play off chances over by end of Feb........which was the stated target by the Owners.

What now ??
Auntie Merge

What now?
Daryl out before the Americans say they have had enough of this shitshow.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

See you In august lads !
hockley dagger

I left before the end to get the 17.00 train. A gutless and witless performance. With fuel and energy prices spiking its difficult justifying spending £100 for that level of entertainment
EssexDagger!

Have the owners lost interest already? Haven’t heard a peep out of them since back in October/November (Southend at home)

Before that they were rather vocal on social media after every fixture with their support and backing, and regularly interacting with fans… it’s like now they have disappeared off the face of the earth. No plans in the pipeline either to get over and see their club in action anytime soon?
daggersjeff

Last orders in Bar McMahon I feel!
Pablo

Unforgivable and unacceptable performance against part timers who have barely won a game this year. No Sagaf in the starting line up again although when he came on showed more energy than the rest put together and he actually hit a post. What's Ben Strevens doing at the moment?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Could not go because just getting over covid.

Hearing from those that did and it ranges from spineless to gutless.

Well done to those 82 great effort , this team better wake up because times are going to get hard for a lot of people and such loyalty deserve much more then what they are getting.
Dag82

Hate to say it, and really hope to be proved wrong, but have the owners already served notice that they have had enough ?.

Sense of Deja Vu getting stronger, thinking back to early 2018, when the performance went to total sh*t, with players not looking bothered...........and then it finally leaked out that Hopkin was pulling out, and there was no guarantee that players were gonna get paid.

Nothing from them for Months, not a word.

This team don't look like a happy bunch at all, to me, and wouldn't surprise me if there is some
big trouble going on behind the scenes.
DaggerJoel11

That was an absolute disgrace.

Those brave enough to come up to the away end - essentially everyone bar McMahon - were certainly informed of what the fans think of that today. A few of them, notably Justham and Weston, were saying "blame us, not him"...

Either way his time should be up now.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Dag82

Well if that's the case, then they clearly cannot be bothered to put a shift in for him, can they ?

Another post match interview of complete waffle, with no answers to wtf just happened.

Absolute joke, you boys should get refunded your travel money for today.
stanton101

Same ol same ol.
First, it's plainly obvious that the manager has lost the dressing room. The team seem totally disinterested in playing for him.
Second After all this time in charge he not only doesn't know his best eleven, but he's simply hopeless at putting them in their preferred positions.
Third. His ventures in to the transfer market have apart from one or two been nothing short of disastrous, constant like for like journeymen that do not improve the team one iota.
Fourth And the biggest mistake of all is Thompson offering an inept manager a contract extension that basically unless he's fired we're up for compensating a manager that hasn't been able to do his job!
I don't blame Daryl, any of us would jump at the chance and sign an extension if given the chance, he has a family to support as well, but I do blame Thompson for constantly getting things wrong in employing these people.
If I were the yanks, I'd be livid with him and not only sack him, but strongly think about pulling out altogether.
Dag82

stanton101 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:25 pm Same ol same ol.
First, it's plainly obvious that the manager has lost the dressing room. The team seem totally disinterested in playing for him.
Second After all this time in charge he not only doesn't know his best eleven, but he's simply hopeless at putting them in their preferred positions.
Third. His ventures in to the transfer market have apart from one or two been nothing short of disastrous, constant like for like journeymen that do not improve the team one iota.
Fourth And the biggest mistake of all is Thompson offering an inept manager a contract extension that basically unless he's fired we're up for compensating a manager that hasn't been able to do his job!
I don't blame Daryl, any of us would jump at the chance and sign an extension if given the chance, he has a family to support as well, but I do blame Thompson for constantly getting things wrong in employing these people.
If I were the yanks, I'd be livid with him and not only sack him, but strongly think about pulling out altogether.
Yep, the naivety of that decision was astounding.

Why would you rush to give a manager, who has proved nothing so far, a contract extension, when there is no logical reason, at that time, to do so ?.

oh wait.............. Burnett.
RampantDuke

I think that bankrolling the Daggers with practically zero return has been a much tougher experience than Trinity thought it would be.

British football is littered with American owners who think that chucking a few dollars at their club is enough. To be really successful they needed to bring in a dynamic MD who has been successful at other clubs both on the pitch and off.

Instead they kept the ‘safe’ hands of Thommo and Gwynne which was a massive error. Nobody has done more for this club than Thommo and he clearly loves D&R but he was never the right person to take us to the next level. We’ve just ended up making the same mistakes as we always made ie. Giving a new contract to a manager who had achieved absolutely nothing other than getting us off to a relatively decent start to the season.

It’s also obvious that since John Still left the club earlier in the season we have dropped like a stone and Southend have improved no end. Surely we should have found a way to keep him at the club to guide Darryl? Another mistake.

If we had been serious about going up again we would have got Luke Garrard but instead Darryl was available so we seemed to go for the cheap and easy option. Another mistake.

And now we have a Manager who is too expensive to get rid of but who, unless we win on Tuesday and get to the Semi Finals of the Trophy will be in an untenable position. Another mistake.

It may well be that Trinity have lost interest. They are certainly conspicuous by their absence at the moment and we may well need Thommo to save us again but if we have called it wrong and the Americans are still behind us then they need to be ruthless, get their own man in at the top and start to build for next season.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Dagdale

That must go down as one of our worse away performances in a very long time dagenham and redbridge had no heart in it at all today for whatever reason please put us out of our misery and explain? Work hard all week up at 3 to view that dire spectacle whats going on?