Sagaf

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Pondfield Dagger

Anyone know why Sagaf rarely plays these days? He is quality for this level and hardly has a bad game, how comes he is never picked now? Whats going on with McMahon and the dressing room.
DagenHammer87

I wonder whether the rumours about Southend being in for him have caused a few problems between him and the manager?!

A few Southend fans I know were very keen on the news and were in touch asking whether we knew if there was any truth in it.

I think he's a good addition to the team whenever he plays - so something serious must be up - or Daryl is as incompetent as he is looking to be at the moment.
Mark

Almost certainly he's had his head turned. I would be very confident that we've offered him an extension and he is yet to sign it.

He's a really good player and if he does leave us for an FL side in the summer I wouldn't begrudge him the move at all. If he goes down the road to Southend then it shows a lack of ambition, but money talks. Not sure how Southend can suddenly spend again given their finances but there you go.
Pablo

Maybe it's the case that he wants to go after being left out for five games for the likes of Jones, Comley and Rance whilst being our best player for most of the season and on Saturday too, albeit as substitute. Who could blame him.
Diggerthedog

Pablo wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:26 am Maybe it's the case that he wants to go after being left out for five games for the likes of Jones, Comley and Rance whilst being our best player for most of the season and on Saturday too, albeit as substitute. Who could blame him.
We would have offered contracts to our better players now, clearly don’t want to sign one as he knows there will most probably be better offers on the table, if this is the case manager is right to drop him. Southend made an offer for Saidou Khan in January, Khan tweeted Sagaf after we played Chesterfield saying see you in the summer. Claimed Saturday he had been struggling with a groin injury when asked if he was off, bollocks if you ask me.
RayleighDagger1986

Did Sagaf sign a 1 year contract last summer then?
len

If Sagaf does not want to sign a contract with us, that is hardly a surprise as he has been our best player all season and could clearly be capable of playing at a higher level. Having seen him last night, his overall performance and work rate was outstanding and did not give the impression of not wanting to give his best for us. Leaving him out would be spiteing ourselves!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Going or staying we will have to see.

However just a word of advice to our hapless Manager . All over the World and wherever the game is played it is normally given that you stand a better chance of winning football matches if you put your best players on the pitch .

It's not rocket science
SUSSEX DAGGER

Going or staying we will have to see.

However just a word of advice to our hapless Manager . All over the World and wherever the game is played it is normally given that you stand a better chance of winning football matches if you put your best players on the pitch .

It's not rocket science.

Mo Sagaff proved that last night
Pondfield Dagger

John Still turns up, and Sagaf starts.

I see John in the upstairs bar after the game- not many people had time for him.
Diggerthedog

Pondfield Dagger wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:34 pm John Still turns up, and Sagaf starts.

I see John in the upstairs bar after the game- not many people had time for him.
Still rolling out the red carpet for him, if he wants to scout get him to pick up tickets in the office like normal scouts. What happened to Mr. Thompson's claims of him not being welcome anymore? He's here every week. Pathetic.
stanton101

Diggerthedog wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:55 pm
Pondfield Dagger wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:34 pm John Still turns up, and Sagaf starts.

Still rolling out the red carpet for him, if he wants to scout get him to pick up tickets in the office like normal scouts. What happened to Mr. Thompson's claims of him not being welcome anymore? He's here every week. Pathetic.
Just tell him to piss off.
Like shit to a blanket that man.
Alan

Aren’t we playing them in a couple of weeks? So he, Maher and Curry came to watch? Probably the first time Maher has lasted a whole game at our ground without being injured or taken off.
Kevin

Alan wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:15 amProbably the first time Maher has lasted a whole game at our ground without being injured or taken off.
:grin:
Chaskthedagger74

I'm a little puzzled that some people on this forum have a vitriolic hate towards John Still after all he brought the most successful period to our club with the style of football that a lot of people seem to detest, and it seems that his input at Southend has turned their season around.
He has like any working man would go were the money is.
There are some decisions that he made that none of us know the real details of but i for one would love to have the success he gave us back again.
As we have seen with the current manager despite being given a lot of money we are not anywhere near getting to those heady heights anytime soon.
I look forward to the slaging off coming my way