Maidenhead..

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Kevin

Any chance...

- of the team turning up tonight?
- of our Calamity Jane defenders keeping the ball out of our net?
- of our diddy midfielders winning the occasional header in the centre of the park?
- of our "superstar" forwards having an attempt vaguely in the direction of the opposition goal?
- of our manager knowing his a#se from his elbow?
- of our Managing Director from laying off the beers?

https://daggers.co.uk/news/-Mx0L_JyES6xnNXaTMQr

C'mon you Daggers :blink:
Pondfield Dagger

Any chance of those heavy mob stewards not being at the gate again.
Diggerthedog

No need for stewards when nobody turns up, no tubes, terrible weather, football on normal tv channels and a terrible team to watch. First sub 1000 crowd for a very long time.
NBDag

Agreed - I don’t like missing home games especially when I have a season ticket. But there is nothing that makes me want to go tonight. I hope I miss something special, but I know I won’t.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Great evening to exploit not having a season ticket. Pancakes and FA cup my end
jag

Already 3-0 up at HT Mo Sagaf playing Junior scored one and then a very quick double from Paul McCallum
Dag82

Two simple reasons that we won that game so comfortably:

EFFORT, we competed for every ball all night, it's not diffcult lads, match there workrate & take your chances.

GAME MANAGEMENT, we never gave them a real chance in that 2nd half, no stupid mistakes, and when we had the ball, we generally didn't give it cheaply straight back.

That level of perfomance will get us results more often than not.

We need that effort every game, until the end of the season now, there is no excuses.
Blackie645

To late I'm afraid inconsistent performances all season. At least didn't concede first 10 minutes
RM1Dagger

Played well tonight, credit where it's due and okay it might be 'too late' but that's not to say you down tools and don't bother. Maidenhead came into the game on form and scoring goals and they did not create a SINGLE chance.
Now the SE27 Dagger
stanton101

They say you can only beat what's in front of you.
The reason we won was because Maidenhead were absolutely shite.
Despite McCullum scoring twice my motm was Sagaf. Yes it was a better performance, but Christ Maidenhead were awful.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Guess it's not over after that.

How can it be if that dreadfull team we played tonight have beaten Chesterfiiekd and drew with Stockport in recent weeks.
Should have been 5 up at half time and the reason we was not was the referee and Lino failing to give a stone wall penalty and a bad miss by McCullum after the ball fell to him after after an equally bad one by Sagaf.

As is often the case when you are expecting a rout ,second half was a bit of a disappointment .
Sadly the crowd did not need much of an excuse to stay away and the gate of just over 1k was to my mind was a bit of a fib.

Complete control of the game throughout and good to see goals being scored because both Macca and Junior reacted quickly after what looked dreadfull goalkeeping .

Just got to keep trying and see where it takes us perhaps tonight was the first of the remaining games we should be winning. Wins against Barnet Aldershot Weakdstone Kings Lynn Eastleigh will at least give us an outside chance if we can get another 12 points our the remainder.