York City (H) Trophy

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Once again listened to it as could not attend. Another good miss by the sound of it.

Listening today you can see why as my mum would say we are all red hat and no draws.

How embarrassing that any York fan listening to that had to hear the Commentator continuely excuse himself in order to do his day job as Stadium announcer, embarrassing beyond words.

Having said that I think he was glad to get away from it as it was clear the two Micks were lost for words at how we changed to a flat back four against a team who up until that point had not had a shot at goal.

They were both very damming about the second half showing and Mick Payne warned what would happen if we continued to drop deep as we appearcto do.

Now if they could both see and predict it why on earth could our highly paid Management team not see it ?

Sorry York were poor but unlike Yeovil Tuesday night they were not going to give us anything. They were not good by the sounds of it but they stayed in the game. They stayed in the game because we allowed them to do so, just like We allowed Woking a few games back and tossed away valuable points. We never learn and the Manager has failed again to get a simple message across.

This run in the trophy has given camouflage to a Manager who has lost me completely and now when we look back at the seasons end a team that has enough about it to finish 7th in a league of 8 has failed again.

Let's not kid ourselves here 7th was not a very high bar given the resources he has been given.

Enough enough goodbye dozy
RM1Dagger

It's BS to say we sat back second half; they had their moments for sure but we looked like the team much more likely to score. However, I absolutely agree that overall we failed to make the most of promising opportunities rather than clear cut chances. It's so frustrating obviously, and we need to think why we couldn't kill the game off, but no doubt about it York got lucky.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Pondfield Dagger

wrong decision in my opinion on bringing on zouma, after whats on gone on with the cat video, brought a negative vibe to the game, and the 800 york fans on his back, and who gave away the penalty? yes zouma of all people.

and John Still turns up again, surely the club can ban people at their descretion.
NBDag

I think at half time we all knew what would happen. We have seen this so many times. Play a shit team (and let’s not look past the fact that York were really bad), take the lead and then think it’s job done. Sit back and allow them to have the ball because we know they’re crap and naïvely think that means they won’t threaten us, then throw it all away. We had a couple of chances to score a second but Balanta just wasn’t with it when those chances presented themselves.

Zouma… What a ******** clown, what was he thinking for that penalty? That cat bollocks is done now, but I don’t want to see him playing for us again after that.

Despite the failings of Balanta and Zouma, it wasn’t them that cost us the match. It was McMahon. A clueless lineup, uninspired tactics, and another week this season where we haven’t learnt our lesson. Despite him saying in every post-match that learning our lessons is the focus of next week’s training. He’s the biggest clown of them all and the sooner he’s gone the better. This story line will keep repeating itself in games whilst he is there.
DaggerJoel11

An excruciating way to exit the competition, almost incomprehensible even by our own notoriously self-destructive standards.

The only alteration to that team should have been the omission of cup-tied Josh Hare, but the decision to deploy Sagaf in that position was frankly bizarre. I also don't understand why Balanta was deemed unfit to come on against Yeovil then unnecessarily starts four days later.

McMahon's in-game tactics weren't much better as he inexplicably went to a flat back four, which we haven't played all season, at a time where they were barely troubling our goal. The player brought on to facilitate this then lost his head in the dying seconds by taking a swipe at someone going away from goal when the whistle would surely have blown ten seconds later.

Everything we deserve. Again.

(Link to penalty incident recorded from York end - https://twitter.com/RyanBrookes23/statu ... lTgrg&s=19)
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Lcbdagger

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:34 am An excruciating way to exit the competition, almost incomprehensible even by our own notoriously self-destructive standards.

The only alteration to that team should have been the omission of cup-tied Josh Hare, but the decision to deploy Sagaf in that position was frankly bizarre. I also don't understand why Balanta was deemed unfit to come on against Yeovil then unnecessarily starts four days later.

McMahon's in-game tactics weren't much better as he inexplicably went to a flat back four, which we haven't played all season, at a time where they were barely troubling our goal. The player brought on to facilitate this then lost his head in the dying seconds by taking a swipe at someone going away from goal when the whistle would surely have blown ten seconds later.

Everything we deserve. Again.

(Link to penalty incident recorded from York end - https://twitter.com/RyanBrookes23/statu ... lTgrg&s=19)
We still have some fans online suggesting that the penalty was soft and shouldn't have been given... absolutely the most stonewall decision you will ever see from a player who never looked mentally ready to be on the pitch from when he was warming up in front of the away fans
DaggerJoel11

Despite superficially appearing to turn a corner through successive 3-0 midweek victories over Maidenhead United and Yeovil Town that somewhat reignited their play-off push, Daggers' quest to also reach the fabled Wembley arch on another front, namely non-league's flagship competition the FA Trophy, imploded in excruciatingly heartbreaking fashion barely fathomable even by their notoriously self-destructive standards.

MATCH REPORT | https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... city-1-fat
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''