York City (H) Trophy

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Daggers' FA Trophy exploits continue today with the visit of a York City outfit from the division below who will be backed by a 800+ strong following at Victoria Road, where the victor will secure a semi-final berth.

It's the first game in an important week for the club, which I've written a short preview on below: https://dagnificent.weebly.com/daggers- ... two-fronts

Would imagine it'll be an unchanged lineup today although we could easily make a couple of changes and still have a strong eleven out there. McCallum and Morias, in particular, certainly seem a formidable front two at the minute having accounted for each of our last seven goals.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
jag

will there be live commentary for this game?
McLeansvilleAppFan

You may already be aware but ss I type this we are at halftime and they are off the air but they will be back with commentary at the start of the 2nd half.

It is on the MixIr channel per usual for home fixtures not broadcast on BBC and such.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
RM1Dagger

On the way home. That one stings. Not sure how we didn't win as York were pretty shite but we failed to kill them off. Didn't see pen clearly but soft apparently. Sense of foreboding in the shootout (like watching England) but we even had the chance to win that and missed. 🤦‍♂️
Now the SE27 Dagger
Lcbdagger

RM1Dagger wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:35 pm On the way home. That one stings. Not sure how we didn't win as York were pretty shite but we failed to kill them off. Didn't see pen clearly but soft apparently. Sense of foreboding in the shootout (like watching England) but we even had the chance to win that and missed. 🤦‍♂️
We were in the Family Stand and it was one... hundred... percent... a stone wall penalty. Won't hear anyone suggest otherwise. Shocking tackle from a player who was clearly off the pace and struggling by the Away fans before he even came on. Looked second half like the last thing he needed was to come on.

How we went to kill off a 1-0 in that second half beggars belief after the last two games... they didn't get a look in before half time. Second goal was there at any point if we really wanted it.

Incredibly rare, even with the 6 minutes of injury time that I'm that confident of us seeing out a win before the penalty. They offered nothing all game now could be at Wembley... frightening
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Why can’t we just have nice things ?
RM1Dagger

Lcbdagger wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:52 pm
RM1Dagger wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:35 pm On the way home. That one stings. Not sure how we didn't win as York were pretty shite but we failed to kill them off. Didn't see pen clearly but soft apparently. Sense of foreboding in the shootout (like watching England) but we even had the chance to win that and missed. 🤦‍♂️
We were in the Family Stand and it was one... hundred... percent... a stone wall penalty. Won't hear anyone suggest otherwise. Shocking tackle from a player who was clearly off the pace and struggling by the Away fans before he even came on. Looked second half like the last thing he needed was to come on.

How we went to kill off a 1-0 in that second half beggars belief after the last two games... they didn't get a look in before half time. Second goal was there at any point if we really wanted it.

Incredibly rare, even with the 6 minutes of injury time that I'm that confident of us seeing out a win before the penalty. They offered nothing all game now could be at Wembley... frightening

Fair dos, you had a better view. Ironic that he came on to shore up the defence and ended up giving the pen away. And yeah York I'm sure will be feeling fairly fortunate.
Now the SE27 Dagger
BB-Dagger

Once again it seems that our management are taking the pi55 out of the loyal paying fans who turn up, why oh why did we try to sit on a 1-0 lead when we should have gone for the jugular and sealed the game before halftime, Sagaf playing wing back in the first half was a head scratcher he looked totally out of place, penalty was a stonewall but the free kick leading up to it was an amazingly awful piece of refereeing, prior to that we had a corner 94 minutes in and we left 6 back in our own half.. awful management decision, back to my original remark about taking the pi55 out of the fans.. did the club want to win this trophy? Or are we concentrating on getting to the playoffs (no chance) Next week it home to Notts county and we are going to get smashed.
Congratulations to York, they showed anything is possible if you never give up even if you are sh1t.
stanton101

Shit yourself again Daryl, well done.
Can't wait for the incoherent bogape to give his usual shit comments.
RampantDuke

Thought we looked nervous for a lot of that game but still felt we would easily hang on. York were totally sh*t and yet we couldn’t put them away. Too often decision making was poor up front, especially from Balanta. This team simply aren’t good enough. We would have been smashed in the semi final as York will be based on their showing today. This season is over now and can’t see anything to get excited about for next season either. We are a mid table National League club and will be for the foreseeable, even with the investment that’s gone into the club. 😞
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Mark

We've had a lot of performances this season similar to today. Turgid, low energy, boring. He'll come out and say winning with one second left you have to win the game. But why leave it open for one mistake? The fact of the matter is that York were a poor side ripe for a beating and we just cruised through the game.

We don't seem to have the desire to turn in a run of strong performances. Winners need a winning mentality and we don't have it.

Why he changed the shape after two decent performances I have no idea. Surely we could have found someone to come in for Hare as a straight swap? Instead our most positive midfielder is shunted out wide and we bring in Balanta who simply doesn't seem to fit the system Daryl wants to play.
ARNU

Can't kill off a very second rate team yet again. I said to my son with about a minute to go, when we decided to piss around in the corner instead of crossing it that York would score and win on pens. That's what happened. The York pen that hit the bar looked like it was in but wasn't given.
Season is done now.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Eagleman3449

Absolutely gutted, York we’re piss poor, yet 2nd half we sat back and let them dictate, we missed a couple of good chances even then, very disappointing.
Dag82

Hi Daryl,

Good to see you after the game in the bar, having a good laugh with the few ar*e kissing Dagenham fans who seemed more than happy to tell you "how unnlucky" you were to not beat a team from a lower division, who you had over an hour to put away from 1 up, and failed miserably.

As I walked out of the ground ater the game, there was a little boy crying his eyes out, at what had just happened, that's how the fans feel tonight.

Please have the decency to just go home, when your team have let us all down again.
RampantDuke

Dag82 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:04 pm Hi Daryl,

Good to see you after the game in the bar, having a good laugh with the few ar*e kissing Dagenham fans who seemed more than happy to tell you "how unnlucky" you were to not beat a team from a lower division, who you had over an hour to put away from 1 up, and failed miserably.

As I walked out of the ground ater the game, there was a little boy crying his eyes out, at what had just happened, that's how the fans feel tonight.

Please have the decency to just go home, when your team have let us all down again.
That’s what happens when you are given a 2 year contract for being top in September 🙄

Nobody could say we were unlucky. We made our own luck when we didn’t score a second against a pi55 poor side.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!