Yoan Zouma

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Sagres

Where is the Zouma investigation results??

(The Club has therefore decided that until the RSPCA has completed its investigations, Yoan will not play for Dagenham & Redbridge in any competitive match).

https://www.daggers.co.uk/news/-MvZ6CnIVWn__GMQ99yV

https://www.daggers.co.uk/news/-MvOYAIITdkMpCrye244
Chigwellian

Exactly this..., but, I am sure that the club has received a full report after the investigation... surely?
Mark

The Mail reported last week that the RSCPA were close to concluding their investigation. Some kind of published outcome might be nice.
GSDMick

Personally I had really hoped never to see this animal abuser in a Dagenham shirt again. I don’t know why he was even on the pitch on Saturday to hand York City a penalty in the last minute. I was disgusted by a lot of the younger element in the sieve singing his name like a cult
hero !!!.
As the RSPCA investigation hasn’t been made public at the moment I am also disgusted by the club for playing him.
I await seeing the result of the investigation, but having seen the video
he was involved and as such I hope the club get rid of him asap irrelevant
of any comments from the investigation.
ARNU

He didn't actually abuse the cat it was his brain dead brother. If you watch the video it's not like he drop kicks or takes a penalty with it. Before you explode, I am a cat owner and do not condone any animal cruelty but a bit of perspective is due here. His brother just got fined £250k and will suffer the consequences forever. Lee Hughes killed 2 kids drunk driving. What's worse ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
GSDMick

I am not going to explode Arnu but Yoan was involved in the abuse of the cat by filming it and thought it was hilarious. He made no attempt to stop the cruelty inflicted by his brother. As far as a bit of perspective goes the Zoumas are now hero’s to many of todays youth as was demonstrated on Saturday. There have also been many recent instances reported where cats have been kicked in the head for copycat abuse. If you seriously think that a £250k fine is going to bother Zouma then perhaps you ought to think again. Exactly what consequences will he suffer forever. Do you honestly believe this was the only instance of abuse that took place. ?
RSPCA have now stated they are going to prosecute the Zoumas, and I think that by giving them BOTH the maximum sentence of FIVE years prison time an example would be made of them both. Unfortunately that probably won’t happen, but it would if I was the judge.
Lee Hughes doesn’t play for us so has no place in these comments.
daggersjeff

The very fact that prosecution is going to take place should initialize the club tearing up his contract.........Lets see, who did we sign yesterday :eh:
Chalky69

Reading through some of the comments relating to the Zouma brothers I can’t help seeing a racial element in many of them. If it had been carried out by a white player I think the reaction would have been much more muted. I’m happy for the legal process to take its course but many of the comments made here are out of all proportion to the crime committed. If the resultant penalty is imposed to prevent a repetition of the offence I would think that the what has been said and done since the event would go a long way to achieving that goal.
Diggerthedog

The race card is pulled out, how about they’re just a couple of scumbags that think what they did was funny and acceptable in their eyes at the time of the offence. The reaction is fully justified.

I would add that it’s the perfect excuse to get rid because he’s crap but I won’t as it might be construed racist.

Utter nonsense.
Auntie Merge

Diggerthedog wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:32 am The race card is pulled out, how about they’re just a couple of scumbags that think what they did was funny and acceptable in their eyes at the time of the offence. The reaction is fully justified.

I would add that it’s the perfect excuse to get rid because he’s crap but I won’t as it might be construed racist.

Utter nonsense.
This.
Corinthian

A cruel act to a living creature. Not accidental. Not a rush of blood. No matter how good,bad or indifferent a player he is I would prefer not to see him in Daggers shirt.
Great result Tuesday and fingers crossed for a good run of results. This team has the potential to get into the play offs. Inconsistent yes but so exciting when they are on form.
Lcbdagger

Chalky69 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:31 am Reading through some of the comments relating to the Zouma brothers I can’t help seeing a racial element in many of them. If it had been carried out by a white player I think the reaction would have been much more muted. I’m happy for the legal process to take its course but many of the comments made here are out of all proportion to the crime committed. If the resultant penalty is imposed to prevent a repetition of the offence I would think that the what has been said and done since the event would go a long way to achieving that goal.
Umm... err... whaaa???
McLeansvilleAppFan

Chalky69 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:31 am Reading through some of the comments relating to the Zouma brothers I can’t help seeing a racial element in many of them. If it had been carried out by a white player I think the reaction would have been much more muted. I’m happy for the legal process to take its course but many of the comments made here are out of all proportion to the crime committed. If the resultant penalty is imposed to prevent a repetition of the offence I would think that the what has been said and done since the event would go a long way to achieving that goal.
Hopefully, for the sake of cats, this does not happen again to test the hypothesis that the outrage is only due to the pigmentation of Zouma. If it does happen again I expect the same outrage.

I am all for 2nd chances but Zouma's 2nd chance needs to be in a lower level with a chance to earn his way back and with some time passing so he can give due diligence to reflecting on his actions . His brother deserves worse but I am a fan of the Daggers and only ask the club I follow do the right thing. Well I ask West Ham to do the right thing as well but don't expect that. Money talks in the US and I sure it does as well on your side of the pond.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
WelshDagger15

I don't think there is a racial element I think there is a basic human element where people are genuinely outraged that an animal was being treated the way it was. To be perfectly honest I don't think those that have commented would care if the people involved were black, white, American, French, British, Chinese or flipping green and hailing from the planet Zog! Animal cruelty is animal cruelty!

I personally stated that Zouma should be nowhere near Dagenham because filming the act is just as bad, if not worse, than committing it! If Kurt had stabbed and killed someone and Yoan had not stopped him but had filmed it... accessory to murder and then no one would want them near their clubs! I would say the same regardless of who the player is or what their race/nationality/religion is AND I still do not think Zouma should be at the club and I think the club are wrong for bringing him back in to the fold!
Corinthian

I agree.