Eastleigh (a)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Saturday's frustrating reverse to Notts County, as well as continuing the trend of us falling short whenever facing a side with whom we're supposedly battling for a play-off place, spoiled an otherwise perfect March up until that point yet we have the chance to return to winning ways tonight against a struggling Eastleigh side who've registered only one win from twelve.

Personally hoping to see a back three of Johnson, Onariase and Reynolds...think it's time to try something different. As much as I like Wright and acknowledge the contribution he makes going forward particularly through set-pieces (though even they've been off in recent weeks), his one-on-one defending often leaves a lot to be desired. Also would like Ling back on the right side, which would facilitate Sagaf moving back into his most effective position.

COYD
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Mark

Would bring in Hare for Rance and move Sagaf into the middle. Also Manny for Wright. I think in an ideal world Manny would go in the middle of the 3 but for now I think Wright should make way.
Lcbdagger

Mark wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:15 pm Would bring in Hare for Rance and move Sagaf into the middle. Also Manny for Wright. I think in an ideal world Manny would go in the middle of the 3 but for now I think Wright should make way.
happy to be proven wrong later this evening but I would suggest, from this season's experiences, that the possibilities of Wright dropping out of the team to accommodate Manny are between nil and zero
Kevin

Commentary on the game is on Mixlr tonight..

https://daggers.co.uk/news/-MymCqqZuI1G ... zFe353omfU
daggersjeff

"happy to be proven wrong later this evening but I would suggest, from this season's experiences, that the possibilities of Wright dropping out of the team to accommodate Manny are between nil and zero"

As you said LCBdagger :angry:
RayleighDagger1986

Sagaf on the bench
Manny not starting.
Same back 3 as against County
Kevin

Phew! :blink:

Great to come out on the right side of a tight 1-0 game..
Lcbdagger

Taking that all... day... long

However we are playing, how've we perform against the bigger teams, however unlikely the playoffs looks, can't argue with the clean sheets recently.

Even a 1-0 early in the season was impossible in our daft run of about 20 where we conceded first inside the first twenty minutes every match
SUSSEX DAGGER

Tomorrow morning at 9.45 I will be in the waiting room at the dentist. He will no doubt make me wait and I will sit there wondering is this going to hurt . That's what it was like tonight at the silverlake , from the moment that Sagaff had it cleared off the line we were holding on against a very poor team and my God did it get uncomfortable.

We gave any amount of needless free kicks away inviting them to ruin our night , we were just fortunate they could no finish a Fish supper.
Mo Sagaff did not start and when he got on you ask yourself why didn't he start, the answer to that soon became clear as he went out the game as quick as he got into it and looked to be carrying something which is a worry.⁰

Well done the defence that result was Down to you as we simply dropped deeper and deeper aka Woking and York but they stood up to it and should be congratulated on another clean sheet .

However a game we were in complete control of suddenly saw us holding on and me about 5 fags lighter.

Of course it would have been more comfortable and not so nervy if our achiles heel did not arise again. What is it with us and penalties ? Junior the latest to fail but he was perhaps unlucky the ball did not drop quick enough for him to have a second go , he was also not helped by the Keeper being halfway to Bournemouth when he saved it.

Hopefully very soon the whole team will click and we will get a result were you would at least expect it .

Into the last ten games now and a win is a win . Tonight we at least showed resolution which gotcus over the line
Diggerthedog

Great win away from home as we rarely win ugly close games, will mean zilch if we don’t follow up with a win at Grimsby.

Not that I think we will make it but we needed about 22 points for play offs after the Notts result based on last seasons play off points so thats 3 of them, still far too much to do from my view unless we win two of the next 3. What a club.
NBDag

Shame that Morias missed a penalty, but I actually think there is a big positive to take from it. How many times this season have we seen ourselves fluff that chance to go 2 clear and then completely fall apart? York and Woking in the past month alone. Showed ourselves that we can win ugly and hopefully without clowns like Zouma near the team we will be more likely to do just that.

I’m not even bothering with looking at the league table anymore. As good as we can be, the inconsistency in the way we play is going to cost us. No point letting these “high” points get my hopes up.
DaggerJoel11

Ugly yet nonetheless massive victory in which we had to dig deep, albeit against a very poor outfit who didn't muster a single shot on target. McCallum's predatory close-range finish and the move leading to the penalty probably our only two moments of attacking quality throughout the game.

Huge fortnight approaching now as we face Grimsby then Boreham Wood, both of whom were beaten last night.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
DaggerJoel11

A third consecutive away victory without conceding in which the Daggers showcased attributes not usually accustomed to them this season: grit, determination, mental resilience. Here's my match report: https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... -daggers-1