a Grimsby Town media options

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

I think I heard them mention there would be no Daggers commentary for the fixture at Grimsby Town. Any indication one of the BBC stations will carry the fixture or other manner of listening or even watching the fixture?

My oldest daughter is getting fitted for her wedding dress on Saturday. How much allowance do I have to tend to that versus tuning in to the fixture? I don't want to lose my fan card so soon. :lol:
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
hockley dagger

Looks like BBC Radio Humberside are covering this game, Mr Appsville! I have to take my 90 year old mum for a covid jab so I might not hear all of it myself. Hockley Junior won't be there - he's still recovering from his trip from Edinburgh to Eastleigh
McLeansvilleAppFan

hockley dagger wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:59 pm Looks like BBC Radio Humberside are covering this game, Mr Appsville! I have to take my 90 year old mum for a covid jab so I might not hear all of it myself. Hockley Junior won't be there - he's still recovering from his trip from Edinburgh to Eastleigh
For a Covid shot I will make some allowance for not being fully engaged in the game.

Thanks for the heads up on the BBC. The last game on the BBC was blocked to international listeners but hopefully that will not be the case for this fixture.
McLeansvilleAppFan

hockley dagger wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:59 pm Looks like BBC Radio Humberside are covering this game, Mr Appsville! I have to take my 90 year old mum for a covid jab so I might not hear all of it myself. Hockley Junior won't be there - he's still recovering from his trip from Edinburgh to Eastleigh
I am looking at the Humberside schedule I am seeing rugby league at 13:30 and then Football Forum at 17:00 which is when the fixtures are ending and that makes sense for post match discussion. I don't see anything about the Daggers.

The Rugby League may or may not be including coverage of some association football based on the club names but not National League clubs. This might be an edit done for me with an IP address in the USA as an international listener. I can make a screen shot if anyone likes and post to make sure I am reading this correct. The BBC smartphone app is showing the same though it does show both GMT and my local time so I don't think I am missing things by the 4 hour time difference.

Can someone confirm this for me?
ThatRoundThing

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:37 pm
I am looking at the Humberside schedule I am seeing rugby league at 13:30 and then Football Forum at 17:00 which is when the fixtures are ending and that makes sense for post match discussion. I don't see anything about the Daggers.

The Rugby League may or may not be including coverage of some association football based on the club names but not National League clubs. This might be an edit done for me with an IP address in the USA as an international listener. I can make a screen shot if anyone likes and post to make sure I am reading this correct. The BBC smartphone app is showing the same though it does show both GMT and my local time so I don't think I am missing things by the 4 hour time difference.

Can someone confirm this for me?

If you are on Twitter then a post on the Grimsby Town FC takes you straight to the BBC Sport National League commentary site.
Non Twitter? BBC Sport.. Football.... Leagues & Cups... National League.
If you are experiencing an International Block for the BBC then you might have to consider something like Surf Shark or similar, to fool your computer IP address into being in the location that you wish to receive a particular broadcast.
I know very little about that option and I do not have Surf Shark myself, apparently works for Netflix programme country variations. Just what was advertised on a You Tube video.
Daggerfan

I’m also having problems with the bbc sport app. It’s changed it used to give you a list of commentaries available if you hit the national league tab but today there’s nothing :banghead:
VIEW FROM THE STAND

"May the best of your past be the worst of your future"
McLeansvilleAppFan

Thanks for all the help. It looks like over the air BBC Humberside has one listing and the the BBC app and website has more programming accessible by the web or phone app. Here in the US our FM radio can have sub channels that air other programs if one has the correct modern radio receiver. I don’t have that type of radio so if I want to take advantage of these other programs I can only use the web or phone app. I did not see any evidence of this on the last schedule grid for the radio station so I guess this is just a BBC webcast, which is the best for me as there seems to not be any IP blocking when that is the case.
jag

Unbelievable, I went on our website just before kick off and it said that Radio Humberside was covering the match commentary, it didn't until the 2nd half, I am getting very frustrated not just with the shambles of obtaining BBCs coverages of non league games but the options they give ie rugby and other more prestigious games in the higher leagues, surely it can not be difficult to simply highlight a game and then all we have to do is click on and hey presto we have a commentary, not asking for much also when we attempt to access some of our home games through mixlr some of our commentary team members are not fully ready to begin or explain that we are having some problems at the moment with our equipment it has been happening to often, also why can't they start the broadcast earlier not 10 mins before, some of our opponents with smaller resources give coverages that are far more professional.
McLeansvilleAppFan

jag wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:08 am Unbelievable, I went on our website just before kick off and it said that Radio Humberside was covering the match commentary, it didn't until the 2nd half, I am getting very frustrated not just with the shambles of obtaining BBCs coverages of non league games but the options they give ie rugby and other more prestigious games in the higher leagues, surely it can not be difficult to simply highlight a game and then all we have to do is click on and hey presto we have a commentary, not asking for much also when we attempt to access some of our home games through mixlr some of our commentary team members are not fully ready to begin or explain that we are having some problems at the moment with our equipment it has been happening to often, also why can't they start the broadcast earlier not 10 mins before, some of our opponents with smaller resources give coverages that are far more professional.
I assume you were listening from the over the air signal. Your hearing rugby instead does not surprise me as that was mentioned on the schedule grid for BBC Humberside I looked at earlier in the week. Sounds like the webcast had the entire fixture and the over the air radio station picked up when the rugby was complete ( is rugby a game, a match, or a fixture, or something else? Is Fixture just an association football term for the competition or is that word used for all types of team sports competitions?)