Joey Jones

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Well I certainly didn't see this one coming...

https://www-grimsbytelegraph-co-uk.cdn. ... ls-6861776
AVincelotFlyingLeap

I never got him in our set up at all. Looked constantly off the pace. Hope this works out for him.
NBDag

Started the season well but in recent months we started to see the Jones of last season. Hollywood passes that he doesn’t have the ability to make and off the ball he’s a passenger. No real loss to our squad.

However on his day, and if he finds the right club next, he can be a good player. That’s why I’m shocked we’ve given him to Grimsby. Could come back to bite us
Mark

Loads of ability, very inconsistent and injured a lot. I doubt we'd have given him a new deal.
Alan

We just strengthened a rival.
DaggerJoel11

On Saturday's evidence it certainly seems like we could use a player with his ability to drive up the pitch more than Grimsby. Those first few weeks he was integral to the way we played alongside Sagaf and Robinson with whom he formed a decent understanding.

Don't get me wrong, we've seen some appallingly bad performances from him in recent months but can anyone seriously say Dean Rance is better?

I think the writing was on the wall for his time here coming to an end, yet strengthening a direct play-off rival is nonetheless an insane decision to me. Could understand if we didn't want to use Jones because, while undeniably talented, he's also erratic and unreliable but why give Grimsby the opportunity to unlock the ability we all know is there?
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
RM1Dagger

I thought there was a player in there somewhere but obviously the manager ran out of patience looking for it and I think he's right. Problem was he thought he wa better than he was at times strolling about like Zindane only to delay too long on a pass and give the ball away for a chance/goal. Can remember DM balling him out a few times on the touchline. No loss for me.
Now the SE27 Dagger