Brinkley (A) err Bromley(A)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagdale

A well fought win and reckon the team done a good job on keeping Cheek out of the firing range albeit heard from many disgruntled Bromley boys post match pubbing that gaffer Woodman not playing that team in the right mode. Too much to late? Whatever happens if we can put that sort of effort in the last seven not impossible but were so in the hands at what the others do, don't know about the majority of the well turned out daggers but Bromley goes down well to me as one of our better away days, close, easy going, vibrant and great rap of a town centre and outer watering holes spot on, were probably all meet again next season same level!
Dag82

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:50 pm
Blackie645 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:41 pm One swallow don't make a summer my friend
Very true, one good result and the questions can be put aside.

But no amount of smoke being blown up the arse of this Manager won't hide the truth.

Tuesday night we had to win , we never looked like scoring and he reused to change anything.

Just like he has done all season with the problem at Centre Back.
SPOT ON, Sussex.

Goals Conceded so far, with Onariase on the pitch: ZERO.

If only they had listened to us 6 months ago, and gone and got the upgrade Player we OBVIOUSLY needed.

How many points better off would we be now, had we just addressed the bloody obvious problem.

It isn't and never was Rocket science !!.

They can flower it up all they like, but the Owners stated MINIMUM target this season was playoffs, not 8th or 9th, that = Season Failed.
Dagdale

If anybody wants to see why many of us were rallying for after post Taylor and now realising what we missed just watch Luke Garrard's post match interview (BWFCTV utube) from the bad defeat to Aldershot Saturday, fronting up and quite amazing that clip,
Sagres

Dagdale wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:31 am If anybody wants to see why many of us were rallying for after post Taylor and now realising what we missed just watch Luke Garrard's post match interview (BWFCTV utube) from the bad defeat to Aldershot Saturday, fronting up and quite amazing that clip,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psEHTYQffL0
RM1Dagger

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:07 pm
RM1Dagger wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:47 pm The tech has obviously moved on. I remember the awful ones from the 80s at Luton and QPR and they'd leave burn marks on your legs. You can't have them in the football league hence Sutton had to replace theirs with a grass one when they got promoted. I know their artificial pitch was routinely hired out and used by the local community. Not sure what they did with it, maybe they can be sold on!?
Here is the US I follow the university I attended athletics pretty closely. The stadium for gridiron football is field turf so there are plastic blades of grass with a LOT of rubber bits. From an environmental standpoint all of that can not be great. It does save on water and upkeep with less labor (oops, labour) costs. The last time they replaced the field the school sold small swatches to fans to raise money for athletics.

We have a separate field for women's field hockey and I think their grounds has a flatter "carpet" type turf that is preferred for field hockey and more akin to what artificial turf was like in the 80s. The grounds for women's soccer (sorry but I got to use US terms when referring to US teams) have artificial turf but I am not sure what type it is, but I think it is close to what the gridiron football team uses. Sadly our men's soccer team was stopped two years ago for financial reasons. Hopefully it comes back soon.

The baseball team has artificial turf and that includes the area around the bases with some sliding. They use some sort of artificial turf to avoid carpet burns. I think it is mostly rubber fill. for the carpet burn protection.

Only the softball field is natural grass.

In the US we don't seem to care as much about the traditions with the playing surface and we certainly don't care as much about safety. I do think our pro leagues have gone back to mostly real grass except in domes which would be near impossible but their are dome arenas all over the country, sometimes for the heat of Florida and sometimes for the cold of Minnesota.

That is literal tons of carpet to dispose of every decade. In the case of field hockey I assume they flood the field with water before a match so that does not even save on water.
I don't mind 'soccer' it actually annoys me that people get sniffy about the word when it's actually an English word anyway (derivative of Association football apparently).

I think the reason we care about grass, artificial turf etc is that the game has always played on grass but agree Americans seem more relaxed about this. I suppose Gridiron (which I'm into) can lend itself to either surface.

Interesting, Tottenham have a separate 'field' for Gridiron which replaces the regular soccer pitch for NFL games. I did a tour there, clever stuff- I cannot quite remember what the guide said but I think it might be a combination of natural grass and synthetics.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Dag82

Dagdale wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:31 am If anybody wants to see why many of us were rallying for after post Taylor and now realising what we missed just watch Luke Garrard's post match interview (BWFCTV utube) from the bad defeat to Aldershot Saturday, fronting up and quite amazing that clip,
Yep, Top Manager, who would have us bang in the title race, not scrapping (and failing) to scrape 7th place.

But that ship has sailed for us hasn't it, his next job will be EFL level.

Now post me a video of McMahon owning a defeat, and saying "that's on me".

I'll wait.....
McLeansvilleAppFan

RM1Dagger wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:03 pm
RM1Dagger wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:47 pm The tech has obviously moved on. I remember the awful ones from the 80s at Luton and QPR and they'd leave burn marks on your legs. You can't have them in the football league hence Sutton had to replace theirs with a grass one when they got promoted. I know their artificial pitch was routinely hired out and used by the local community. Not sure what they did with it, maybe they can be sold on!?
Here is the US I follow the university I attended athletics pretty closely. The stadium for gridiron football is field turf so there are plastic blades of grass with a LOT of rubber bits. From an environmental standpoint all of that can not be great. It does save on water and upkeep with less labor (oops, labour) costs. The last time they replaced the field the school sold small swatches to fans to raise money for athletics.

We have a separate field for women's field hockey and I think their grounds has a flatter "carpet" type turf that is preferred for field hockey and more akin to what artificial turf was like in the 80s. The grounds for women's soccer (sorry but I got to use US terms when referring to US teams) have artificial turf but I am not sure what type it is, but I think it is close to what the gridiron football team uses. Sadly our men's soccer team was stopped two years ago for financial reasons. Hopefully it comes back soon.

The baseball team has artificial turf and that includes the area around the bases with some sliding. They use some sort of artificial turf to avoid carpet burns. I think it is mostly rubber fill. for the carpet burn protection.

In the US we don't seem to care as much about the traditions with the playing surface and we certainly don't care as much about safety. I do think our pro leagues have gone back to mostly real grass except in domes which would be near impossible but their are dome arenas all over the country, sometimes for the heat of Florida and sometimes for the cold of Minnesota.

That is literal tons of carpet to dispose of every decade. In the case of field hockey I assume they flood the field with water before a match so that does not even save on water.
I don't mind 'soccer' it actually annoys me that people get sniffy about the word when it's actually an English word anyway (derivative of Association football apparently).

I think the reason we care about grass, artificial turf etc is that the game has always played on grass but agree Americans seem more relaxed about this. I suppose Gridiron (which I'm into) can lend itself to either surface.

Interesting, Tottenham have a separate 'field' for Gridiron which replaces the regular soccer pitch for NFL games. I did a tour there, clever stuff- I cannot quite remember what the guide said but I think it might be a combination of natural grass and synthetics.
Not to sidetrack this too much but do you prefer the Canadian or US version of gridiron? I like some of the rules of the Canadian version that have a touch of the rugby history that the US version dropped a long time ago.

I think the combo artificial-real grass is in use in the US somewhere at one of the pro levels but I can’t remember where.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Diggerthedog

Our pitch is 5% synthetic.
RM1Dagger

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:10 pm

Not to sidetrack this too much but do you prefer the Canadian or US version of gridiron? I like some of the rules of the Canadian version that have a touch of the rugby history that the US version dropped a long time ago.

I think the combo artificial-real grass is in use in the US somewhere at one of the pro levels but I can’t remember where.
Haha, we should probably 'get a room ' on this. Only watch NFL and some college games. Never seen Canadian football but I'm aware of some of the differences; field size,end zones and number of players etc. I wondered how popular it is even in Canada compared to the NFL.
Now the SE27 Dagger
McLeansvilleAppFan

RM1Dagger wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:24 am
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:10 pm

Haha, we should probably 'get a room ' on this. Only watch NFL and some college games. Never seen Canadian football but I'm aware of some of the differences; field size,end zones and number of players etc. I wondered how popular it is even in Canada compared to the NFL.
I am not sure how the CFL rates to the NFL in Canada but it is a slightly lesser brand based on the fact that players cut by the NFL sometimes end up in the CFL and the CFL has players from some of the lower levels of college football. I refer to gridiron football here as there are some differences between the two codes but not enough that players could not go back and forth between American and Canadian. I can watch Canadian games on some streaming channels I subscribe to. It is a fun game and I might like it partly as it is a bit "exotic" with the bigger end-zones and more motion in the backfield.

Of course in Canada ice hockey is the national sport and everything plays second fiddle to ice hockey.

If you are looking for a college team to support I would like to toss out my Appalachian State Mountaineers. if the NFL is the EPL then NCAA FBS is EFL Championship level. But within NCAA FBS level is a wide range of budgets. App State sits on the lower level of FBS in what is the Group of 5 schools. The Power 5 schools have all the money and everyone else has to play for scraps. A few years ago App State was a level lower in the NCAA FCS level and one a HUGE game over a blue blood school and was likely the biggest upset in college football history. It would be like having the National League club beating an EFL Championship cub at the top of the table. It could happen but it would be a rare event and one that would be long remembered and talked about.

App State has the highest elevation football stadium east of the Mississippi River. The stadium itself is not over the top beautiful but in the fall when the leaves are changing color one can look out and see the surrounding mountains and it is a sight to behold.
https://appstatesports.com/facilities/ ... -stadium/3

OK back to Daggers talk (though I will post in another room if it gets started to inform interested parties about what I can on the comings and goings of gridiron football.) My intention was to not divert the discussion so much but here we are.)
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
DaggerJoel11

Match analysis from Saturday's game at Bromley, in which the Daggers were defensively robust and fluid going forwards to earn a crucial three points that keeps the admittedly improbable play-offs nonetheless within reach.

👨🏼‍💻 - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... s-22323103
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''