Brinkley (A) err Bromley(A)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

Well, I am all excited for the season again.

COYD

Edit:
Between my old eyes, and using a smartphone to type I did not even catch the spell check changing to thread title from Bromley to Brinkley. Bromley or Brinkley, either way at least it keep my hopes alive for the playoffs.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Bromley has artificial turf for the grounds?
RM1Dagger

Yes they do and we played pretty well on it second half.
Now the SE27 Dagger
McLeansvilleAppFan

RM1Dagger wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:20 pm Yes they do and we played pretty well on it second half.
How common is that for English football grounds? I know most players hate it, but it does save on upkeep and water usage, while it leads to a future problem of disposal. It that stuff incinerated over there or buried?
RM1Dagger

The tech has obviously moved on. I remember the awful ones from the 80s at Luton and QPR and they'd leave burn marks on your legs. You can't have them in the football league hence Sutton had to replace theirs with a grass one when they got promoted. I know their artificial pitch was routinely hired out and used by the local community. Not sure what they did with it, maybe they can be sold on!?
Now the SE27 Dagger
Oxhead

Not a word of praise from the moaners then
Blackie645

One swallow don't make a summer my friend
Diggerthedog

Oxhead wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:26 pm Not a word of praise from the moaners then
Moaners or just realists? First half decent performances in 3 games but let’s face it Bromley we’re awful. Play offs is still out of reach as we need to win 5 more with the current points tally of those above. The win and draw from the other day make it a comfortable night on Thursday at the fans forum for Daryl and the board, not that I’ll be going to listen to the utter tripe asked and the utter nonsense answers given.
DaggerJoel11

Brilliant performance characterised by a high intensity, the exact opposite of Boreham Wood. Could have won by more.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
jag

I thought that Bromley bossed the first 15 mins and as usual we start to get things going after about 20 mins. then we should have been at least 2 goals to the good at HT after the goal we totally dominated the game hitting the post and some very close near misses, Bromley just did not respond. Juniors goal was a great team effort finished nicely with a great strike, I must keep attending Hayes Lane as every time I go, we win, the Daggers support was great, bring on Barnet on Friday COYD.
RayleighDagger1986

jag wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:55 am I thought that Bromley bossed the first 15 mins and as usual we start to get things going after about 20 mins. then we should have been at least 2 goals to the good at HT after the goal we totally dominated the game hitting the post and some very close near misses, Bromley just did not respond. Juniors goal was a great team effort finished nicely with a great strike, I must keep attending Hayes Lane as every time I go, we win, the Daggers support was great, bring on Barnet on Friday COYD.
Which team will turn up on Friday against Barnet?
Kevin

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:13 am Which team will turn up on Friday against Barnet?
Great result & a cracking performance from the Daggers yesterday.

Bromley have been pretty decent for most of the season - to go there, win & keep them at arms length is a top achievement.

That said, we were dreadful a mere 4 days previously...anyone's guess as to which team turns up on Friday :blink:

C'mon you Daggers..!!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Blackie645 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:41 pm One swallow don't make a summer my friend
Very true, one good result and the questions can be put aside.

But no amount of smoke being blown up the arse of this Manager won't hide the truth.

Tuesday night we had to win , we never looked like scoring and he reused to change anything.

Just like he has done all season with the problem at Centre Back.

He refused to do anything about it and only made changes to my recollection through injuries. When they were forced into him things did not improve , a clear indication to me that the answer to this major problem was not at the Club . A signing was needed to be made because teams thar conceade soft goals on the regularity that we were had no hope of reaching 7th , which when you consider it was not a very big ask given the resources given to him.

When he finally does make a signing the obvious improvement the player would bring is not even used for 4 games and more soft gosls are conceaded.

Now it may seem a strange concept but if you play your best team with your best players in it it surely follows you have more chance of winning football matches, you certainly do not lose many if those players are above the required standard.

So when we get a player we have been crying out for all season and he finally is given a chance it is little wonder that results improve . Would have thought that was pretty self evident.

Now if the Manager had taken more posative action not only in the recruitment but slso during games when things clearly needed attention I am certain that the very low bar of 7th in what finances dictate is no more then a 10 team league would have been acheived.

The fact that we now have to rely on other teams to chuck away the advantage we have given them by failing to address clear problems within the team earlier is purely down to the Management.

That is the brutal truth.
Last edited by SUSSEX DAGGER on Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don Beech 3

Good win yesterday but as many have mentioned it doesn't really make up for earlier in the week.

I think out of the 7 remaining games the next 4 are against sides in the bottom 8 and we have in general played well against these teams.

The final 3 against sides all in play-off spots and we know what our record is like against those sides (apart from the 1st game of the season).
McLeansvilleAppFan

RM1Dagger wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:47 pm The tech has obviously moved on. I remember the awful ones from the 80s at Luton and QPR and they'd leave burn marks on your legs. You can't have them in the football league hence Sutton had to replace theirs with a grass one when they got promoted. I know their artificial pitch was routinely hired out and used by the local community. Not sure what they did with it, maybe they can be sold on!?
Here is the US I follow the university I attended athletics pretty closely. The stadium for gridiron football is field turf so there are plastic blades of grass with a LOT of rubber bits. From an environmental standpoint all of that can not be great. It does save on water and upkeep with less labor (oops, labour) costs. The last time they replaced the field the school sold small swatches to fans to raise money for athletics.

We have a separate field for women's field hockey and I think their grounds has a flatter "carpet" type turf that is preferred for field hockey and more akin to what artificial turf was like in the 80s. The grounds for women's soccer (sorry but I got to use US terms when referring to US teams) have artificial turf but I am not sure what type it is, but I think it is close to what the gridiron football team uses. Sadly our men's soccer team was stopped two years ago for financial reasons. Hopefully it comes back soon.

The baseball team has artificial turf and that includes the area around the bases with some sliding. They use some sort of artificial turf to avoid carpet burns. I think it is mostly rubber fill. for the carpet burn protection.

Only the softball field is natural grass.

In the US we don't seem to care as much about the traditions with the playing surface and we certainly don't care as much about safety. I do think our pro leagues have gone back to mostly real grass except in domes which would be near impossible but their are dome arenas all over the country, sometimes for the heat of Florida and sometimes for the cold of Minnesota.

That is literal tons of carpet to dispose of every decade. In the case of field hockey I assume they flood the field with water before a match so that does not even save on water.