Fans Forum 14th April

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

RayleighDagger1986

Nope. Can't be bothered. What good will come of it?
stanton101

Lots of joviality and any questions that get a bit awkward will be deflected or smoothed over by those who run the club. The septics I'll say how committed they are and we've been unfortunate this season, Daryl's done a marvelous job and we've still got an outside chance of the playoffs, blah blah blah.
There you go, I've saved you the job
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Merge you normally do an excellent job of scribing this, hoping somebody can do the same this evening as I won't be there !

Will the attendance be lower than average because of a certain european game this evening i wonder
Kevin

All power to anyone that goes along to things such as this.

Personally, I'm more into the actual matchday experience - hopefully seeing the players put in a reasonable shift, show a bit of character & have the odd shot roughly towards goal.

I also hope that those selected by the owners to run the club have a bit of commercial sense, don't agree multi-million pound commitments over a handshake, share some of the responsibilities around (over-reliance on a single individual just doesn't result in a successful business) - and don't continually go overboard on the beers.

I'd prefer if the owners had a representative of theirs in the country - perhaps in some secondment capacity from one of their sports groups, maybe as non-exec chairman.

Even if not all things have gone as hoped/planned over the years - there has been a hell of a lot of effort put in.

However, standing still is never a viable option for any commercial enterprise - you either go forwards or backwards.

A head-in-the-sand approach, continually stating that "there is no other way to do things" will ultimately result in us going downhill.

Which would be shame, as I do think we have a lot of potential as a club.

C'mon you Daggers :blink:
DaggerJoel11

An overview of last night's Fans Forum, featuring discussion points such as whether missing out on play-offs constitutes failure, the departure of Joey Jones and McMahon's early- season contract extension...

↪️ https://dagnificent.weebly.com/daggers- ... 2-overview
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Mark

Thanks Joel.
Lcbdagger

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:10 pm An overview of last night's Fans Forum, featuring discussion points such as whether missing out on play-offs constitutes failure, the departure of Joey Jones and McMahon's early- season contract extension...

Cracking recap young man... interested to see such a pointed comment on Joey Jones from the hierarchy but the honesty is commendable.

The issue with Zouma doesn't need to be pulled up all the time, but people doing a Rishi Sunak and suggesting the issue was the video coming out, not the content on the video misses the point of the problem with fans spectacularly
Sagres

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:10 pm An overview of last night's Fans Forum, featuring discussion points such as whether missing out on play-offs constitutes failure, the departure of Joey Jones and McMahon's early- season contract extension...

Excellent summary :thumbu:
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Terrific, thank you !! Really interesting
Kevin

Excellent recap Joel - very thorough.

Appreciate you taking the time to do it.
McLeansvilleAppFan

I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.