Barnet

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dj johnny b

Oh sorry...I was looking for the Have A Right Old Moan Again thread but can't seem to find it.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Fair play take it back we are a magnificent side . Great achievement finishing 8th in a league where that rabble we played this afternoon have somehow not been beaten in over half the games they have played
RM1Dagger

Crazy game... anyway do Dagenham & Redbridge have bigger expectations than much bigger clubs above them (save for Solihull) ? And before anyone says we have bigger budgets that will clearly not be true of Stockport, Chesterfield, Wrexham and Notts County.
Now the SE27 Dagger
DaggerJoel11

Incredible afternoon that escalated to insane proportions.

Make no mistake how atrocious Barnet are but nonetheless some of the football we played first half was magnificent.

Only Dagenham, though, can look in genuine danger of throwing away a five-goal lead! It was seriously nervous until we killed it off late on.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Markinfront

It’s going to be results against the teams above us that will cost us I’m afraid. In order to secure a play off berth or better they had to deliver more points. We are moving closer towards being a play off team with the summer ins and outs being even more crucial than usual. Hopefully the owners will provide the budget that’s needed to go to the next level. I fear we are booked for the spot that is most frustrating, that’s 8th. If you look at the 6 or so games left it’s very hard to see Grimsby or Notts County dropping enough points for us to go by them. Obviously we live in hope but head over heart it looks unlikely.
Lcbdagger

dj johnny b wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:10 pm Oh sorry...I was looking for the Have A Right Old Moan Again thread but can't seem to find it.
Nice try Daryl... we see you
DI Mike Dashwood

Mad old afternoon that!!! Could/should have been 6 or 7-1 at half time, and by the end could/should have been about 10-7!! Haven't looked at the stats, but even aside from the goals there were chances and half chances galore at either end.

Kind of summed up the season I would say. Some brilliant stuff, but some awful stuff as well. As everyone has said, we haven't beaten enough of the other top 10 teams to really force our way into the promotion mix. I do think 5 wins from last 6 may still be enough to get in, so got to keep pushing. The next three games are certainly winnable.

Interesting where everyone thinks we should finish and how everyone claims to know what we have spent compared to other clubs etc etc. I wouldn't claim to know, but would "guess" we are probably not far off where our budget is?? Of the 7 above us I would "guess" 5 or 6 have bigger budgets than us, and then 1 or 2 below us probably do as well (Southend for instance)?? Would be shame if we as a club/fan-base started to think we had a right to be higher up the table based on a few years of what for us was huge success. That's not to say that I think this year has been much good. I don't go every week these days, but a lot of what I have seen has been utter rubbish, so I get peoples frustrations.

Anyway, it's not over yet, on to Aldershot on Monday.
Dagdale

Are we ever going to see a game like today ever again? Absolutely amazing afternoon with just about everything and only a penalty or two missing? We were untouchable in the first 45, game easily won but then Dagenham start of second period we just seemed to let them push on up to easily and set the game their way and was I the only one after their third and two incredible misses shortly after how close a call was that to be throwing this game away? That sixth was a right relief! Considering we hit the post and numerous other chances could have almost got to double figures. Junior Morias scoring that superb hat trick in 12 minutes and not winning MOTM was certainly a new one to me! Hopefully this splendid showing it'll raise our support heading down to Hampshire in a couple of days time and it stays in our favour.
RM1Dagger

Matt Robinson is Mr Consistent but more convinced than ever now that whoever picks MoTM doesn't actually watch the game. Guy scores a hat-trick and has a great all round game and still cannot get it🤦‍♂️
Now the SE27 Dagger
SUSSEX DAGGER

Markinfront wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:17 pm It’s going to be results against the teams above us that will cost us I’m afraid. In order to secure a play off berth or better they had to deliver more points. We are moving closer towards being a play off team with the summer ins and outs being even more crucial than usual. Hopefully the owners will provide the budget that’s needed to go to the next level. I fear we are booked for the spot that is most frustrating, that’s 8th. If you look at the 6 or so games left it’s very hard to see Grimsby or Notts County dropping enough points for us to go by them. Obviously we live in hope but head over heart it looks unlikely.
So failing to beat poor average teams like Wealdstone, Yeovil, Eastleigh ,Altrincham and
Woking at home have nothing to do with our plight ? It appears to me that we did not need to worry about beating teams above us if we has done the basics.

Said at start of season 70 goals and 15 clean sheets are needed . The forwards have done their job and a 10 minute spell second half yesterday afternoon showed the reason why we have fallen short.

At times this season our defence has been as atrocious as Barnets was all afternoon yesterday.

Just to comment on mom . Junior was unlucky not to get it but Macca was only a goalpost away from matching him,anybody suggesting he was a worthy candidate?

Think the sponsors came to the conclusion I did Matt Robinson was the best player on that pitch yesterday afternoon.
Diggerthedog

As Dashwood said earlier a very bizarre afternoon and in the whole completely summed up our season, we can play for spells but not 90 mins. We’re the Harlem globetrotters of the national league very entertaining to watch just a shame the extra folk there yesterday won’t be seen next weekend, still not convinced on the manager but the football is miles ahead of the crap Taylor was serving up.

As for budgets we have a top seven budget the owner said so himself, there are big clubs but those clubs have huge overheads and debts to clear we don’t and more or less everything being pumped in goes to the team, on top we have the west ham womens money which I heard is not minimal. 6 games left and we need to win pretty much all of them to get in the play offs, but even if we get there do we stand a chance against teams we haven’t worked out to beat all season.
NBDag

It was a bloody entertaining match, and those who paid half price certainly got their money’s worth. Hope today was enough to see them back over more regularly.

Onto the football though. Morias has got to be one of the best signings made during the ownership of the Americans, and I imagine that he’s probably one of the cheapest. What a find (if you could call it that) he has been. But… Despite scoring 7, despite being 5-0 up at half time, despite playing one of the worst teams in the division, there was a point where it genuinely looked like we might not walk away with 3 points yesterday. That’s why I can’t ever be comfortable with DM in charge. I think the first goal was because it was still half time in the minds of our defence. But after that we looked rattled, despite us knowing how easy it would be to go up the other end and make it 6!

Almost all players were great yesterday though. I think yes it obviously should have been a Junior/McCallum MOTM (Paul also set up a couple of goals), but also I think Vilhete deserves a nod.
RM1Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:37 am
Markinfront wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:17 pm It’s going to be results against the teams above us that will cost us I’m afraid. In order to secure a play off berth or better they had to deliver more points. We are moving closer towards being a play off team with the summer ins and outs being even more crucial than usual. Hopefully the owners will provide the budget that’s needed to go to the next level. I fear we are booked for the spot that is most frustrating, that’s 8th. If you look at the 6 or so games left it’s very hard to see Grimsby or Notts County dropping enough points for us to go by them. Obviously we live in hope but head over heart it looks unlikely.
So failing to beat poor average teams like Wealdstone, Yeovil, Eastleigh ,Altrincham and
Woking at home have nothing to do with our plight ? It appears to me that we did not need to worry about beating teams above us if we has done the basics.

Said at start of season 70 goals and 15 clean sheets are needed . The forwards have done their job and a 10 minute spell second half yesterday afternoon showed the reason why we have fallen short.

At times this season our defence has been as atrocious as Barnets was all afternoon yesterday.

Just to comment on mom . Junior was unlucky not to get it but Macca was only a goalpost away from matching him,anybody suggesting he was a worthy candidate?

Think the sponsors came to the conclusion I did Matt Robinson was the best player on that pitch yesterday afternoon.
MoTM has been off all season, everyone was incredulous around me when Robbo got it. Agree on PM as worthy mention but cannot remember someone scoring a hat-trick not getting it. PLUS the way he took his goals. Anyway, regardless, he's been an excellent signing. Didn't come with a good goal scoring record but apparently DM knew him from old and thought he'd fit our set up so credit due there.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Oxhead

Steady don’t give Daryl too much credit.
Did I see Boreham Wood lost at home
to Dover yesterday, wow, the moaners would have wanted Daryl beheaded had we had that result
ARNU

Great day out. 10 goals and probably the fastest hat trick I've ever seen. If we win all our remaining games I'm sure we'll nick a playoff place.
Obviously hope that happens but we are prone to inconsistency.
Lose tomorrow I think that's definitely it for us.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !