King's Lynn..

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Kevin

Hoping the players approach this in the right way today - not overthinking it, just try to get out there & score some goals.

Whilst King's Lynn are pretty much down, any team worth their salt will want to keep going until it's mathematically done - Dover getting a win at Boreham Wood is a reminder that just about anything can happen in fußball..

C'mon you Daggers :thumbu:

https://daggers.co.uk/news/-N05u2vwfWmmDs6p0k5T
McLeansvilleAppFan

I guess they are overthinking it as the good guys are down nil-1 15 min into the fixture.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Chesterfield is down on Dover. We have got to take advantage of that in the next 90 minutes
McLeansvilleAppFan

Chesterfield back even with Dover
McLeansvilleAppFan

Chesterfield back down 1-2
McLeansvilleAppFan

So is there a profanity filter on this website? I feel my over the top Yankee vulgarity is about to come through. 😀
Alan

Cynical time wasting and weak weak officials. Their physio joked to me that she was exhausted - at one stage I thought they’d have to sub her for some fresh legs. The 10 spent the game kicking the ball away and diving - think he’s the manager’s son?

Not sure why their manager was berating the officials on full time - nice guy, shouting abuse at the sieve and blowing then snot from his nose as he stormed off.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Instead of vulgarity, which the baser part of me wants to go with I'll channel my British ancestors and go with a bit more of a stiff upper lip response.

"That was not the outcome I was hoping for."
and
"The game officials seemed to not be ideal for that fixture."
Alan

He’s moaning on their YouTube channel that they had a stonewall penalty (didn’t see one) and that the ref added on too much tIme - I thought he could have added on more!
NBDag

A lot of things to be discussed from that match. But ultimately it was a terrible performance from a side not worthy of the playoffs. Our inconsistency is such a problem.

Manny was absolutely terrible yesterday, was getting bullied in the air and should not have been beaten for their goal. If I’m being honest their penalty appeal did look genuine from where I was, but either way Manny shouldn’t have let them get into that position at all. The rest of the back 3 were also terrible, was very painful watching us try to play it out.

What is the rule in that situation for the goal that was disallowed? The ref didn’t blow his whistle but can an advantage still be active if the ball goes out of play? Was brilliant thinking from McCallum and Morias either way.

Their manager is a prick. Like their owner. Giving it to the sieve because he somehow thought they were in with a shot of staying up this year? Good riddance to them.
hockley dagger

I was astonished Kings Lynn weren't awarded a penalty. I had a very clear view. A poor set of officials. Lynn struck me as a poor, well organised team.
RayleighDagger1986

NBDag wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:23 am A lot of things to be discussed from that match. But ultimately it was a terrible performance from a side not worthy of the playoffs. Our inconsistency is such a problem.

Manny was absolutely terrible yesterday, was getting bullied in the air and should not have been beaten for their goal. If I’m being honest their penalty appeal did look genuine from where I was, but either way Manny shouldn’t have let them get into that position at all. The rest of the back 3 were also terrible, was very painful watching us try to play it out.

What is the rule in that situation for the goal that was disallowed? The ref didn’t blow his whistle but can an advantage still be active if the ball goes out of play? Was brilliant thinking from McCallum and Morias either way.

Their manager is a prick. Like their owner. Giving it to the sieve because he somehow thought they were in with a shot of staying up this year? Good riddance to them.
The goal didn't count because the linesman flagged for a freekick with the foul on McCallum. However McCallum mistakenly took this as a throw in being awarded and in fair, with no fault to him, took it quickly. The referee was diabolical today. The KL goalie should have been booked earlier.
Diggerthedog

When your as crap and limited like Lynn you resort to the tactics to get a result they did, very annoyingly the ref was falling for anything and everything. But yet again we fail to beat a poor side at home for the 6 time this seasons and teams aiming for play offs just don’t drop that many points at home.

The interview sums up the manager, the first half we were void of ideas without any width namely Weston who has most assists for us this season and all Lynn needed to do was pack the middle and shut us out, only shot on target from memory first half was Wright from long range. Second half was much better but by then the damage was done as it has been all season having conceded the first goal in 20 games your going to drop points tonight many points.

I don’t see us improving our position much next season unless the manager tweaks his tactics defensively but I don’t see that happening either. Don’t get me wrong we’re entertaining to watch and there is no lack of effort but the end result is yet another season of National league without a sniff of play offs. We will end up scoring 80+ goals this season but fail to make play offs, criminal really.

Be interesting to see how the preseason recruitment goes without Mr Dagenham, very few out of contract already signed up so expecting lots of departures probably to Southend and lots of incoming new players.
DaggerJoel11

One of the most frustrating games we've had at Victoria Road in several years. Just a week after thrashing Barnet, we're unable to hit a barn door against a worse outfit, therein lies the unpredictability of football especially at this level, and more applicably the inconsistency of us.

The officiating obviously proved a contributing factor but ultimately we can only look at ourselves, not only for the hatful of chances missed yesterday but all of the wasted opportunities beforehand, which have led to the very situation whereby we're outside the play-offs rather than perched inside them.

Yesterday showed why. On a day where Grimsby found a way to win like all good sides do, we constantly made the same mistakes and played into the hands of a direct outfit. You could say we showed good spirit to snatch a point but King's Lynn are so poor and we simply didn't do enough until around the 70th minute.

Not sure why Vilhete didn't make forays down the line and try to attack on the outside like he effectively did against Barnet. Obviously we missed Weston's directness on the other side and another whose absence harmed us was Reynolds I feel, because both Johnson and Onariase were shaky.

Especially the latter, didn't look comfortable on the ball all afternoon and allowed Coulson the header at the far post. On this showing, he must have been complicit in many of the goals Scunthorpe shipped this year. I like him but he hasn't bedded in seamlessly.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Lcbdagger

Without parroting others, it's easy to blame to dreadful officiating yesterday but...

Defender didn't need to get off his feet to score the opener, despite them having 3 corners in succession... if we didn't see the long one coming after 2 in to the near post in 30 seconds, why rector coaches for a football team.

They had, in my opinion, a clear penalty turned down

We created little of any note until 80 minutes in

As always, the managers interview is so far removed from the reality of the game that you worry about what he is watching and whether he forgets there are crowds back in the stadium this season can see things for themselves... on what planet we were excellent and deserved to win yesterday, I will never know

Playoffs gone and we will probably beat Solihull, and or Torquay but fail to get a result at Wealdstone. Wouldn't be surprised to see a decent win at Wrexham end the season on a High, with us eighth and the club come out telling the fans how we have many reasons to be optimistic for 2023