Torquay (H) Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Let's keep that false hope alive then!

It's Torquay at home in the second instalment of a quick-fire double header this Bank Holiday weekend, with nothing less than three points enough for us.

A favourable set of results, including our victory at Wealdstone, has reduced the gap to four points but realistically we're going to need to be almost perfect throughout the final fortnight.

That begins with the visit of a Gulls side with nothing to play for, however such situations often bring the luxury of freedom and no pressure, plus Gary Johnson doesn't seem the type of manager who'd settle for anything besides a proper performance.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Kevin

Torquay are no mugs, only a few points behind us & have been on a fairly decent run of form.

Have never really bought into all that "nothing to play for" stuff - can't see them doing anything over than giving us a tough match.

That said, we've not been doing too bad ourselves recently - hopefully we'll give them a good game & bang in a few goals :grin:

C'mon you Daggers :thumbu:

P.S. For those not about, there is commentary on today's match:
https://daggers.co.uk/news/-N0vfPEopEdsEM5AcBtP
SUSSEX DAGGER

Always thought todays game would be a hard one in fact it was the one out the three I fancied the least.

Hopefully on Wrdnessday Stockport beat Wrexham. As that will mean that our last two opponents will have play offs on their minds when they come to play us.

Clutching at straws I know but Chesterfield have two tricky games left starting with today's opponents, who you have to say at least won't be on the beach .

Thought we were the better team by far but once again we missed all the few chances we created .which was not many against
a very well organised defence.

Hopefully we can sneak a win at Solihull and take it to the last game.
Lcbdagger

Hard to get too upset there... typical of us this season. Walker puts that one away in injury time and we go home saying how strong we looked against another top half team.

As it is, relyng entirely on two wins now against seriously tough opposition. Let's hope Wrexham aren't still chasing first by then
RM1Dagger

I thought we were okay but not great and our final ball and decision making at the vital moments let us down. Summed up by the Walker miss. Fair play to Torquay they came for a game and didn't really resort to too much shithousery save for the fella arguing the free kick distance. And they could have nicked it themselves. Didn't really see clearly the pen claims at the death but a few told me it looked like one. Oh well, if we're still in with a chance going into Wrexham, I'd have taken that.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Diggerthedog

Lcbdagger wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:50 pm Hard to get too upset there... typical of us this season. Walker puts that one away in injury time and we go home saying how strong we looked against another top half team.

As it is, relyng entirely on two wins now against seriously tough opposition. Let's hope Wrexham aren't still chasing first by then
How strong we looked against another top half team? Are you Daryl because everything knows we’ve been terrible against the better teams this season with 3 wins in 16 against the top 10 all season.

9 homes wins in 21, another dreadful stat but the owners we say we can’t do better yet 7 other clubs will seem to have better come two weeks time. Two full years crack and very good budgets to boot, nothing but failure yet their going to chuck another shed load at it. I’d be saying thanks but your not good enough and go get the Halifax manager, he’s got a much better and much cheaper team streets ahead of our rabble trying to cling on to a play off hope that died in the Autumn.

We’ve simply not been good enough on the pitch and the acceptance off it away from the pitch by the new owners stinks of the same old Dagenham. Nothing will ever change.
DaggerJoel11

👨🏼‍💻 | Match reports, player ratings and analysis from our recent Bank Holiday double-header against Wealdstone then Torquay, in which we kept our very faint play-off hopes alive albeit requiring significant, unlikely heroics.

𝗪𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗱𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗻𝗲 (𝗔) -  https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... -daggers-2
𝗧𝗼𝗿𝗾𝘂𝗮𝘆 (𝗛) - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... y-united-0
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Kevin

Walker's "effort" on goal near the end looks even worse in the highlights than I remembered.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fVnUva_glU

Vilhete spanking one that was closer to the trains on the District Line rather than the actual goal, stood out for the wrong reasons also..

These are full-time pros right?? :blink: Hopefully a bit of shooting practice has been part of training this week..